Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

[DE]Megan

Knowing what some of the teams did for the highscores in this event. There are certain methods I would have hardly considered ban worthy, but obviously I'm not in the position to make that decision, nor do I really have much to say in the matter. These kinds of things are rarely black and white, and generally come down to effort vs reward in the eyes of DE. You can use 100% ingame mechanics with 0 out of game intervention, and do unintended things. Whether DE thinks it's acceptable in their eyes determines their action.

You have ppl that bugged into Deimos Vaults, and all DE did was tell ppl to stop it and added teleport volumes. You have ppl that found ways to bug out of orbiter for captura and DE never really cared. You have ppl that camped dead end holes on Ophelia to manipulate AI behaviour and all DE did was just change AI to ignore that area. Then you have ppl like noobshowtek that showed us how to level your equips instantly in 30s, and that got him banned, alongside anyone else who did it extensively.

As I said, it is not a clear, do this, DE will do that.

3 hours ago, Udoshi said:

Y'all gonna remove stagger from Amps already?

its pretty unbearable and it really, really, really super sucks whenever you get forced out of your mech or frame.

Its been over 9 months, de.

Even the glaive thrower animation locks you now in the same way akarius will knock you on your ass if you try to fire it while goin forwardlike (akarius is worse, you can move any direction and pratfall by pulling the trigger)

Definitely bumping this

The Orphix Resonators still spawn behind sealed doors etc. btw ☹️

edit: And if my Necramech stands next to a default mech on the ground, I can stand closer to my own mech and I still get transported to the default one and I can watch a 15sec animation before I can get out of it. That is annoying. Shouldn't happen often but somehow I get unlucky with that.

Furthermore only one player  left the game, I got a Host Migration and ended up alone in the mission.

The last 3 runs were bugged and I am out of mojo for today, have fun 🙈

10 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

I never said my opinion, just told you which one is going around, it's not my clan and my business afterall, but yeah there is this info going around.

And personally I will find a more serious clan to join after i heard all that.

And I want tell that other guy @Aznvasions if someone used the limit exploit gots a bunch of 30k score runs in a clan like idk 4 full squads so 16 people*30k score, do you think DE banned those as well?

If yes tell me how they even discovered they used it (even the 30FPS one that you can set just with the ingame, let's forget about the 1fps one), besides the score which is in normal range in this scenario

Locking to 30 fps barely did anything noticeable. It's not a linear association to SC%. And seeing the leaderboard behaviour (scores are wiped single entry at a time, typically taking up to an hour until the next is removed), it looks like DE is looking at runs on a per player basis, so if given enough reason to look, and they found an exploited 30k score, it would certainly get removed. But that requires them to have enough incentive to investigate said score, doesn't it? Because it doesn't seem like they have a flag for 1 fps lock, moreso just for other external programs. How they achieve it (either party) is none of my business. And we as players have no way to tell which other players used fps lock to get 30k, which is just sad since it's so easily achievable without doing so.

Just now, Aznvasions said:

Knowing what some of the teams did for the highscores in this event. There are certain methods I would have hardly considered ban worthy, but obviously I'm not in the position to make that decision, nor do I really have much to say in the matter. These kinds of things are rarely black and white, and generally come down to effort vs reward in the eyes of DE. You can use 100% ingame mechanics with 0 out of game intervention, and do unintended things. Whether DE thinks it's acceptable in their eyes determines their action.

You have ppl that bugged into Deimos Vaults, and all DE did was tell ppl to stop it and added teleport volumes. You have ppl that found ways to bug out of orbiter for captura and DE never really cared. You have ppl that camped dead end holes on Ophelia to manipulate AI behaviour and all DE did was just change AI to ignore that area. Then you have ppl like noobshowtek that showed us how to level your equips instantly in 30s, and that got him banned, alongside anyone else who did it extensively.

As I said, it is not a clear, do this, DE will do that.

You're speaking way to general, in a competition it has to be black or white, the thing is i have no proof getting good tileset and the other stuff lets people reach 40k+ score.

You still didn't replied, so it means there are clans where "tons" of clan memebers got a 30k score just by getting carried by 1/2 clan guy with that settings on 30fps not banned ofc

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

You're speaking way to general, in a competition it has to be black or white, the thing is i have no proof getting good tileset and the other stuff lets people reach 40k+ score.

You still didn't replied, so it means there are clans where "tons" of clan memebers got a 30k score just by getting carried by 1/2 clan guy with that settings on 30fps not banned ofc

u can do 30 and more  with 300 FPS it doesnt matter , i linked you twice a video for 36k run that SHOWS how ITS done 

1 minute ago, Aznvasions said:

Locking to 30 fps barely did anything noticeable. It's not a linear association to SC%. And seeing the leaderboard behaviour, it looks like DE is looking at runs on a per player basis, so if given enough reason to look, and they found an exploited 30k score, it would certainly get removed. But that requires them to have enough incentive to investigate said score, doesn't it? Because it doesn't seem like they have a flag for 1 fps lock, moreso just for other external programs. How they achieve it (either party) is none of my business. And we as players have no way to tell which other players need fps lock to get 30k, which is just sad since it's so easily achievable without doing so.

It's not "easy" the hard part is have a coordinate squad, that knows what to do, and it's kinda rare outside that clan competition area...

It does barely something you said? I saw a video where with operator amp you will deal almost double the dmg using same amount of energy! I can only geuss how many sentients extra spawns you can get with each orphix, 'cause like we said that control value definitely is based on FPSs

3 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

I had a late reply, and answered it again in a separate post immediately above yours. If your clan teammates listen to you, and you are one of those 40k runners, you know enough where spawns are and which tiles are good, to solo carry your clan team to 30k, so long as you tell them where to sit, when to move, and to leave the orphix killing to you.

1 minute ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

u can do 30 and more  with 300 FPS it doesnt matter , i linked you twice a video for 36k run that SHOWS how ITS done 

Dude the highest score is 17k higher than that, not just 5k, I need tell you how many extra sentients needs be killed to achieve it?

Gerade eben schrieb Radu10:

Dude the highest score is 17k higher than that, not just 5k, I need tell you how many extra sentients needs be killed to achieve it?

Dude i am the one with that higher score and know its legit

2 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

It's not "easy" the hard part is have a coordinate squad, that knows what to do, and it's kinda rare outside that clan competition area...

It does barely something you said? I saw a video where with operator amp you will deal almost double the dmg using same amount of energy! I can only geuss how many sentients extra spawns you can get with each orphix, 'cause like we said that control value definitely is based on FPSs

This particular issue with amps was the main FPS-related issue, that was patched ages ago, and was the most extreme version of this example. If 30 fps gave that much of an advantage, due to the general amount of potatoes around in the playerbase because of WF running easily on laptops, 30k scores should be much much more common.

There has not been an fps-related bug in warframe that has had as serious implications as the Klamora amp since.

1 minute ago, Aznvasions said:

I had a late reply, and answered it again in a separate post immediately above yours. If your clan teammates listen to you, and you are one of those 40k runners, you know enough where spawns are and which tiles are good, to solo carry your clan team to 30k, so long as you tell them where to sit, when to move, and to leave the orphix killing to you.

Enemy spawns or orphix spawn, 'cause the orphix one is guaranteed to guess after the 4th one

2 minutes ago, Aznvasions said:

This particular issue with amps was the main FPS-related issue, that was patched ages ago, and was the most extreme version of this example. If 30 fps gave that much of an advantage, due to the general amount of potatoes around in the playerbase because of WF running easily on laptops, 30k scores should be much much more common.

There has not been an fps-related bug in warframe that has had as serious implications as the Klamora amp since.

One of banned players clearly told me they used it, and they got 67k score, so it really makes a difference unfortunally

1 minute ago, Radu10 said:

Enemy spawns or orphix spawn, 'cause the orphix one is guaranteed to guess after the 4th one

There is one particular variant of the 40k strat that lets you force the 5th orphix where you want. Either way, in general, where the 5th orphix spawns does not matter. The strats already account for that to minimize the point loss associated with that RNG. That's also a single orphix. In worst case scenario, guessing wrong will only lose you 600ish pts. That basically 0 impact on rest of run if you don't make mistakes.

1 minute ago, Radu10 said:

One of banned players clearly told me they used it, and they got 67k score, so it really makes a difference unfortunally

I don't know which one it was particularly, but I'm pretty sure it was 1 fps lock, not 30. I've played with ppl that run the event at 30. It had no noticeable difference. Most people can't run the game at 60 fps.

Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!

Best change of this patch

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

since you ask for proof so often may we see your proof on that statement?

6 minutes ago, Aznvasions said:

There is one particular variant of the 40k strat that lets you force the 5th orphix where you want. Either way, in general, where the 5th orphix spawns does not matter. The strats already account for that to minimize the point loss associated with that RNG. That's also a single orphix. In worst case scenario, guessing wrong will only lose you 600ish pts. That basically 0 impact on rest of run if you don't make mistakes.

Also what about sentients spawns, I oneshot them but orphix will generate another wave like 5/6 each time I kill some, how many they can be spawned in a minute and 20 seconds?

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Operation: Orphix Venom Changes & Fixes:

• Over the course of the Holiday break, the team continued to track and fix Operation exploits. Any scores that were determined to be achieved with these exploits have been (and will continue to be) removed from the Leaderboards, and temporary or full suspensions have been issued where appropriate. 

Keep going. There's still a lot of scores above the hardcapped 21000-or-so that you designed the mission into. Every point above let's say 22,000 should be considered as increasing proof of critical design failure on your part. You should not score higher by doing worse at the actual mission goal.

Plus I doubt a minimum of 10,000 additional Sentient kills in 60 minutes (plus 2 per 3 seconds of lost no-Orphix downtime while 'farming') to go 30,000 over the efficient Orphix kill cap can be considered legitimate. Something stinks.

Archived