Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glass Maker Boss Horrible!

(PSN)insider4life02

The story behind glass maker is pretty cool with the intermission series. The concept and idea behind is also pretty nice. But the battle against the final boss is such a nuisance. Its almost impossible for me to win. And it wouldn't be a problem collecting the cehpalon shards all the time, but we have to do the puzzle jumping through the all of them before fighting the glass maker. I must have done at least 15 runs if not more before reaching the glass maker or fighting fighting him especially with his one hit combo ridiculous. I don't even care about the reward but i would like to get the achievement satisfaction on it.  They really need to do a better job on this OMG! Sorry for trolling. #dont know if im using that term correctly"

They need to come up with a better solution for these type of fight scenes. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

That's the point....maybe the game wants to know if you can do more than stand in one spot shooting a Bramma with Inaros.

The game is about being a ninja. If you've played other games or seen forms of media with ninjas, you'd see they like to jump around and be precise. 

EXACTLY. Why every boss has to be the same, where you bring a Chroma with redemeer for a 1-shot kill ?

Same as above. Took me a few tries. Reminded me of good ol' N64 platformers like zelda .:crylaugh: I really enjoyed the experience.

Suggestion:

• use a frame with shields, equip a mod to increase your shield recharge rate. Shield gating will save you.
  • remember that the "roll/tumble" action is not just an animation, it grants you temporary damage reduction.
  • when you roll, don't be afraid to fall. Dodging the sword attacks should take priority.
  • Nihil will try to smack you mid-air if you use lots of aim-gliding, if he is close to you (and looks about to attack) just let yourself fall.

Hope that helps! I'm sorry you're hitting such a wall with this guy. It's unfun.

Wow! Thanks to everyone with the tips and tricks! I am having a horrible time with this! I have failed over 40 times with six different frames, and I'm just now finding out that I don't have to do the puzzle jumping bit again!!!! Why wasn't that made clear from the beginning!!!???? Grrrrrrrrr!

Okay. Going back in to try and get this pesky sword. I've got two and a half days. I've only gotten as far as reducing one health bar to half, but maybe the shield trick will help. Thanks again!

It really tests your knowledge of how to jump and aim glide. Also watch the boss so that you can tell if he will swing vertically or horizontally. If the swing is coming across, you only need to jump once, if it comes down then you usually need to roll out of the way because the platform below you will be destroyed.

Okay... There's something I'm really not getting about this boss fight. I just failed another seven times. I always run out of tiles on which to jump. He (that being Nihil) doesn't seem to shoot little glass thingies out of his forehead fast enough for me to grab them and shoot other things back to be able to beat this boss. Obviously, other Tenno have been able to do it, and many of you are saying it's easy... PLEASE share this knowledge! Almost 50 times of not being able to even come close to finishing this fight. What am I doing wrong?

It's been a while since I did it, but basically you wait for him to shoot glass at you, and then double jump to dodge it at the last moment. Pick the thing up, throw it back at him. Try to keep enough distance that he won't use the sword possibly.

It takes a bit of timing, but you can recover shields between hits and have four revives so it's more than fair. If you have Limbo, apparently his passive still works during the fight.

Thank you Zeddypanda (and everyone else)! Getting there. Still failed another five times, but I got to the last section of the fight these times, so I feel like it's doable (although infinitely frustrating). I am still running out of tiles, which makes me fail the mission every time, so it's not lives (I've got 6) and it's not shields (I've not noticed anything at all with shields, actually), just there's never enough glass thingies to pick up and throw. It's far too long between those and half the time they are shot over my head into space, rather than on a platform where I can pick them up. It's a fairly poor design, in my humble opinion, but I'm not going to rant. I just want that sword!

Thanks again! Back to it... Number 57 has to be lucky, right?

Update: 57 was not lucky... Neither was 58, 59, 60, 61, or 62...

However, I'm ultra excited (and I know no one else will care about this, too much, if at all) to say 63 was the winner! I finally beat Nihil with one life left and three tiles to be destroyed! My palms were sweating like crazy... Thank you all again for your help! Cheers!

If anyone wants to hear my two-cents worth on it:

1. I found that staying farther away from Nihil made him dish out more "throwable" glass thingies, so I was finally able to bring him down. If I was fairly close, the slash and bash with his sword was triggered, as it was when he was in the distance, but not anywhere near as much if I was three or four triangular tiles away.

2. Also, I found that if I jumped in the direction of the crystal that I needed to destroy in order to make him vulnerable, I was able to grab glass thingies and meet the oncoming target (so jump counter/anti clockwise to move into the oncoming rotating crystals with the clues in them).

3. One other thing I noticed, for general movement and grabbing glass thingies: I found that if I stood still, let him shoot a glass doodle out of his head, then I jumped straight up, it would land just behind me, and I could move backwards slightly, pick it up, and throw it in a fairly smooth motion.

4. I did have to learn to time them and lead with them a little, plus Nihil would regularly teleport closer to me, so I also had to learn to pause before throwing, or I would throw them into empty space. If I waited, however,, he would appear near me and I could hit him point blank, then get away, which made the fight smoother.

5. Occasionally, too, I was forced to jump off a tile to save myself, but I still had a glass thingy to throw. It is possible to throw them straight up and hit Nihil or a crystal from below, but you have to be fast and accurate, because once the reset animation takes over, the glass thingy disappears.

Okay. I'll go back to farming other things now (Protea final blueprint next on the list. Beat the Nightmare Garanum Void several times, but no drop yet. I hope it's not another 50+ times trying, like this was!) Thanks again everyone and (PSN)insider4life02 for starting the thread! Cheers! 

25 minutes ago, (PSN)insider4life02 said:

I dont mind the fight sequence, its just that i dont like the method where you have to jump through the puzzle with 5 cehpalon shards and then fight the boss, its very frustrating. 

Read my comment above ^.^

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (PSN)insider4life02 said:

I never said i didnt like the fight it just annoying if you lose you have to do the whole sequence again where you have to farm for cepahlons shards. 

well at least now you know you don't need to do the whole sequence again or farm the shards :D just go straight to the boss fight 

Archived