Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overwhelmed

KosmykTrigger

Question

Hi everyone! First time poster, and rather new to Warframe. I have played on and off casually over the past several years, however this time around, I decided to share my experience with people on Twitch.

My concern is with the overwhelming information Warframe has, and how I can best navigate this info. I see a lot of resources already in the forums (which rocks!) and the Wikia as well. I would like to be able to have a gameplan that I can follow, especially early on in the game that would best help me get immersed in the universe (lore, builds, etc).

So far, I have received nothing but love from this community (😍) and have had an excellent experience. Any advice on what areas I should focus on first? Or is there a particular topic you all think I should learn more about first before others?

• Materials
  • Frames
  • Weapons
  • Mods

Thank you everyone!

1 minute ago, chaotea said:

Best bet is this: Dont try to learn everything at once. Just play missions. Eventually enemies will get harder, so you can explore mods. When you can get new weapons, try them out. Eventually youll reach the next MR. That'll open up new stuff.

The game has alot in it, but you dont need it all day 1. Just do what you can right now, and learn the rest later on.

Thank you Chaotea! So far that has been my main gameplan. Just exploring everything one mission at a time, gather resources (forge always seems hungry 🤔) and just enjoying the overall experience. I guess what sometimes overwhelms me are all the notifications that pop-up when a limited time event happens, or when new end game content drops, things along those lines give me a little anxiety 😟

1 hour ago, KosmykTrigger said:

So far, I have received nothing but love from this community (😍) and have had an excellent experience. Any advice on what areas I should focus on first? Or is there a particular topic you all think I should learn more about first before others?

• Materials
  • Frames
  • Weapons
  • Mods

All of the above, at the same time. You have several approaches you can choose from:

• Rush ahead like everyone else and repeat the whole thing afterwards to get the stuff you should've gotten before if you didn't rush ahead like everyone else.
  • Don't rush ahead and get everything beforehand in each and every non-endless mission you start and laugh it up when people say its hard to get <insert colorful thing here> when its actually super easy.

It all depends on how you tackle missions, I guess... And how long you're willing to spend in each mission...

For some passive farming, get some resource drones from the store. Almost no one knows about these early on and while kind of costly to build, you just slap them on a completed planet and every couple hours they get you a random resource from that planet. The distilled drones have a higher chance of getting the rare resource too. I always have them going on Saturn and Ceres for a *chance* of getting passive Orokin Cells but you can just keep them on any planets you need. Polymer Bundles are one of the most used resources so having a drone on one of those planets can never hurt.

41 minutes ago, (XBOX)Sir Sponks Alot said:

For some passive farming, get some resource drones from the store. Almost no one knows about these early on and while kind of costly to build, you just slap them on a completed planet and every couple hours they get you a random resource from that planet. The distilled drones have a higher chance of getting the rare resource too. I always have them going on Saturn and Ceres for a *chance* of getting passive Orokin Cells but you can just keep them on any planets you need. Polymer Bundles are one of the most used resources so having a drone on one of those planets can never hurt.

Oh that's awesome. I did not know about the drones. That is definitely something I will need to look into as soon as I can. I can tell that resource requirements will be high just based off the recipe lists. Thank you for this!

There are a few people here already who gave you fantastic answers. I want to expend a bit on the modding subject because I also think it is the first major road block for new players. I might one day just make an actual tutorial so I won't have to write it all every time someone asks.

I want to share my way of modding so it might help you or anyone else who reads and looking for an advise.

General Notes:

• In this "kind of" tutorial I plan on teaching you how to mod yourself and judge by yourself. Someone may share a build with you and this is alright, just remember only you can make a build that suits your playstyle.
  • There is no such "one true build" that is better than all. The best build is the build that suit you.
  • This tutorial is in no way the only way to mod. This is just my own way of modding.
  • Rare mod doesn't mean it's better. There are plenty of common mods which are great and plenty of rare mods which are worse than them. Take Primed Chamber as an example for a rare overpriced mod that is only good on one weapon and even this is questionable....
  • This tutorial is only about modding warframes and I might add weapons later. It takes me too much time to write it....

Interface:

https://imgur.com/B98KKo3

[img]https://i.imgur.com/B98KKo3.png[/img]

Priorities:

There will always be mods you will prefer having over other mods even tho you want both. It is up to you to decide which is more importent.
The first thing I believe you and everyone should prioritize is using the entire mod capacity over filling each and every mod slot. Something I found new players tend to do is either using auto-mod or trying to fill more mods. Players at these ranks usually don't have maxed out mods so they just use more mods to get the most. This is not a good idea because unranked mods or low ranked mods don't make too much of a difference..
Instead, try to rank up mods first and equip them first. Don't worry about filling up all the slots. +30% in a single stat makes a much more noticable difference comapred to a lot of +5% in many stats.
There will be a time in the future you won't have to worry about it as you will have all of your mods maxed out.

After this, I put these kind of mods on by this priority:

1. Aura mod (Pink rectangle) to increase mod capacity.
  2. Health / Shield / Armor (depends which stat is higher and worth modding).
  3. Power Efficiency.
  4. Power Strength / Range / Duration (depends on abilities).
  5. Optimising Strength / Range / Duration where the warframe is strong at.
  6. Augment mods.
  7. Exilus mod (Purple rectangle).
  8. Arcanes (Cyan rectangle)
  9. Forma (Light Green rectangle tells how many forma you spent on this warframe / weapon).

Modding:

The first thing I look at are the stats (Red rectangle). I want to know how tanky/squishy the warframe is and mod accordingly. I will take Excalibur and the build you see in the image as an example.

1. Excalibur is considered avarage in terms of survivability. He's not tanky but also not squishy and won't die in one or two hits.
  2. Aura is a matter of preference most of the times. In my case there was a dash polarity in the slot and I put Corrosive Projection.
    Thanks to Corrosive Projection, enemies will have less armor in the mission. Not only that, but equipping an aura mod will increase your mod capacity, twice as much if the polarities match.
    1. Excalibur might be better off with Steel Charge in the aura slot as Excalibur is a warframe built for melee combat and Steel Charge give 30% more melee damage. Try to bring the best in the warframe by focusing on these areas. I simply decided differently.
    2. Some aura mods might help with survivability
  3. After finding an aura mods and giving myself more capacity to work with, I work on survivability. I personally like my warframes to be able to take more hits before falling which is why I put Vitality on most of them. If the warframe doesn't have a lot of health to begin with like Hildryn, health is probubly not worth modding as they won't have much health even with mods.
    I add shield mostly when a warframe have a lot of it or uses it to greater extent compared to other warframes (Mag, Harrow, etc.). I decided to give Excalibur more shield simply because I wanted to. Looking back, I would probubly switch it with Stretch and add power range. Just to show for how long I didn't touch this warframe, I didn't even remember what I had on him...
    Armor helps to protect health even more by decreasing the damage the health takes. Worth modding only if the warframe have a lot of it or have a very large health pool. If the warframe isn't worth modding for health, they are not worth modding for armor no matter how much they got.
  4. Usually people don't have priorities when modding abilities and lately power efficiency is actually the least common to mod for some reason. I personally want to cast my abilities more often and doesn't always care about optimal builds for specific actions. Mods such as Streamline and Fleeting Expertise will reduce the energy cost of your abilities.
  5. Power Strength / Range / Duration. This depends on the warframe and looking at the abilities (Blue triangle) will tell what we want to know. Excalibur for example doesn't need a lot of duration as he have only two abilities that are affect by this stat (Radial Blind and Exulted Blade). In my build I decided to add some duration anyway as these two abilities are his strongest abilities. I want my Excalibur to deal a lot of damage and blind enemies for longer duration. Intensify and Transient Fortitude give me a lot of power strength at the cost of some duration, but Primed Continuity gives me the missing duration that I do want. I didn't see the need to add range even tho it would help, I wanted to deal more damage.
    Loki for example have only one ability that is affected by power strength. This ability is Radial Disarm and it deals very minor and insignificant amount of damage as a bonus. Looking at this, power strength won't help Loki at all and mods that reduce power strength such as Overextended are pretty good on him.
  6. If I have the capacity and slots for an augment mod that I want such as Chomatic Blade, I might add after all the above have been resulted. Augment mods are purly a choise and up to you. You don't have to add an augment if you don't have.
  7. Exilus mods are for utility and usually new players don't have the access to this slot. This is for things like sprint speed and faster recovery from knowdowns. If you got the slot and have the capacity, might as well use it. You can get this slot any time you want, but don't feel pressured to get it.
  8. Same exilus mods, arcanes are not available for new players right away and they unlock a place to get arcanes for warframes farther into the game. At this point you will already know what to do as it works the same as mods.
  9. When reaching rank 30 (max), you will get extra bonuses (Yellow rectangle). At this rank you can also forma your warframe. Forma is an item you can get in game that lets you add a polarity to a mod slot, and as a result fit your mods better by taking less capacity. You can see in the image that I used 4 formas on my Excalibur (Light Green rectangle) and I have polarities where you don't.
    Note that when you use a forma, you will reset your warframe's rank and need to rank it up all over again. This is the cost of becoming more powerful.

Extra Notes:

• If you see something in the interface that someone have but you don't, don't bother finding out as you didn't reach this point i nthe game yet. When it's time, you will know.
  • Use an Orokin Reactor / Catalyst, AKA "Potatoes", first and formost on warframes / weapons you like most and see yourself use much more in the future. As a new player you don't have a lot of those so use them wisely. There will be a time you won't have troubles with these.

Hope I helped you or anyone else reading this and need an advise. If you have more questions, just quote me or PM me.

EDIT:
For some reason the image isn't showing. Hope the link helps.

I would really recommend getting people to run Index missions with you a bunch so that you can have enough credits to go and buy all of the blueprints in the market. Being able to go to your foundry to see what possible items you could build is way better than having to go back and forth between the market and foundry and dojo.

56 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

After all, you need at least 5000 Mutagen Samples...

18 minutes ago, KosmykTrigger said:

WHAT. 5000?!

Pretty sure you only need that many mutagen samples if you are building up a dojo. Otherwise, you just need 20 + whatever mutagen samples you use to make mutagen masses. I would recommend placing your extractors on Uranus early game due to the almost guaranteed plastids and polymer bundles; Deimos, Saturn and Ceres (in that order) due to Orokin cells (you need a ton of those), and then possibly Jupiter for a bit when you are wanting to build the ~5 things that need hexanon. Deimos is better than Saturn because of the neurodes drops, and Saturn is better than Ceres due to its plastids drops.

On 2021-02-05 at 4:14 PM, KosmykTrigger said:

I guess what sometimes overwhelms me are all the notifications that pop-up when a limited time event happens, or when new end game content drops, things along those lines give me a little anxiety 😟

Basically, if you're not prepared enough to understand an event, your probably not ready to do it.

Endgame content can be ignored until your at end game.

Nightwaves worth doing what tasks you can there, but dont get too stressed, as any tasks you miss are kept in reserve.

On 2021-02-05 at 11:09 PM, chaotea said:

Best bet is this: Dont try to learn everything at once. Just play missions. Eventually enemies will get harder, so you can explore mods. When you can get new weapons, try them out. Eventually youll reach the next MR. That'll open up new stuff.

The game has alot in it, but you dont need it all day 1. Just do what you can right now, and learn the rest later on.

i agree.

even with a handy list that OP has prepared, it still won't help you much when navigating your way around warframe.

let's say you gonna prioritize on mods. but what mods? there are hundreds if not thousands of mods in this game. and ways to acquire them can be vastly different. some requires you to do bounties on open worlds, some requires you to solve puzzles on lua, some requires you to find caches.

the same could be said for warframes. some warframe are only available through story quests, some requires you to grind really hard on certain missions, some are vaulted so you just gonna have to learn trading. i've seen rookies who tries too hard and try to swallow everything in warframe all at once. but i've also seen rookies who didn't care enough. both rarely ends up well.

just find whatever interests you at the moment and learn about it. for instance, some rookies who just made a rhino usually are pretty infested on leveling up their defense mods. so just work on getting and leveling some popular defensive mods. at this stage you'll probably learn about endo and credit.
or, some who just unlocked archwings loves the idea of flying around. so they immediately work for getting the launcher, probably making a better archwing from their dojo, or getting mods to make their archwings better. this is a good chance to join a clan and see the stuff they offer.
just finished heart of deimos? why not use the opportunity to start learning about necramechs and begin your long journey to build one?
don't worry about plastids or cryotics. sibear doesn't care how much cryotics you've been saving anyway. you can start farming for materials when something you're interested in requires you to farm them.

just do whatever peaks your interests or makes you happy in warframe. they will teach you about the game as you go.

4 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

i agree.

even with a handy list that OP has prepared, it still won't help you much when navigating your way around warframe.

Yea, even though I started at the end of closed beta (i bought the game 3 days before, but my internet used to be so slow i took me that long to download :D ) I never really started looking for particular mods or frames until I had compleated the starchart.

Thats probably the main focus for newer players. Just get the starchart done. I wouldnt linger too long on open worlds either. Once thats clear, set up another goal. Maybe that could be to do open worlds, or start doing sorties, arbitrations or Sancuray onslaught. Compleate factions or find a warframe or weapon you really want and aim for that. Get your MR up or maybe a Railjack.

Its about picking a goal, and working towards it. Not trying everything at once,

Nightwaves are good at this. Just trying to compleate night wave bounty missions will lead you into many avenues you may not have gone to, with a purpose in doing so. A clear guide of what you need to achive so to speak.

Archived