Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cedo glaive broken or too strong?

McBrainPrime

the cedo is a great weapon at dealing damage and spreading status. this is because the glaive applies status whether you have status mods or not and the glaive bounces and makes a small explosion with each bounce the glaive also deals a decent amount of damage and the glaive is also effected by multi shot. you can exclusively use the glaive due to condition overload on any melee (preferably crit based) however if one does not have condition overload the cedo itself has its own built in "condition overload" like mechanic due to the damage of it primary fire scaling with the amount of status effects effecting the enemy. now i call the cedo "broken/ too strong" because the glaive can be spammed and can easily wipe out enemies in the REGULAR STARCHART and shooting the glaive also uses no ammo now i am making this post to suggest a balancing mechanic/ nerf to the weapon i recommend adding a cooldown to the glaive for the weapon to truly be the weapon of lavos (the only warframe with cooldowns in all of their abilities) this cooldown cant be too long to avoid too much inconvenience  and it cannot be too short for the cooldown to mot be over by the time the glaive returns. the reason why i simply did not suggest having a 3 second cooldown after the glaive returns because if one knows how to keep the glaive bouncing for much longer before it returns so that the p[layer will have to think where to throw the glaive to be able to take advantage of the cool down running while the glaive is out so if the player throws' the glaive properly there wont be as long of a cool down when it returns so the player can throw it again as soon as possible. i recommend the cooldown to be 5 seconds. and i also recommend the glaive to consume 4 ammo each time the glaive is launched. i will not be enforcing this nerf because the cedo is only overpowered in the regular star chart however i took away my hour to type this long S#&$ty post because the cedo will be in deimos with father (if i am not mistaken) thus new players can pick up this weapon and easily decimate the entire star chart which can remove the fun of the new player. however i am not a developer maybe this is too much hastle or maybe you dont see it as necesary i jjust had this thought while using the cedo so i typed this to share my thoughts

I can't say I agree with this.

Primary weapons are the weakest weapon type in the game.

Cedo is the extreme few that isn't very weak on the get go.

And I wouldn't even say the cedo is super strong either. Really, consider the whole arsenel, not just primary weapons.

have people like, really used this thing? the Glaive is pretty dumb about how it flies. i can have a big group of Enemies and the thing will go flying to an Enemy off screen sometimes rather than the like 20 right in front of me.

it might make some impressive numbers sometimes, but it's only sometimes.

20 minutes ago, taiiat said:

have people like, really used this thing? the Glaive is pretty dumb about how it flies. i can have a big group of Enemies and the thing will go flying to an Enemy off screen sometimes rather than the like 20 right in front of me.

The cedo glaive seems to be random at times on my end. Sometimes it’d bounce between multiple enemies (or bounce constantly from one enemy to another or three enemies at once for a small period of times), and other times the glaive will just bounce all over the place after hitting an enemy or missing an enemy. The glaives flying about making explosions everywhere is amusing, but not very practical if the glaive decides to be dumb. 

Manage to have the glaive bounce off of a group of enemies repeatedly and you can proc a ton of status effects on the enemy and the cedo primary fire can just shred them or at least dish out a ton of damage, manage to make the glaive bounce off of everything but the enemies and you’d just have to wait for the glaive to come back to be able to fire it again, but sometimes it takes quite a while for the alt fire to even be useable again since sometimes it returns almost immediately, and other times it takes like 10 seconds or so to even be useable again.

41 minutes ago, taiiat said:

I'm not sure your assertion regarding Cedo's glaive is accurate. Having tested the Cedo and all of the melee glaives I can say with complete certainty that it has as good, if not better tracking than most of the glaive weapons. I'd put it right up there with Falcor TBH.

More than anything else, however, I would say that the Cedo's glaive is really useful to me as something to apply status effects. It doesn't have the killing potential of actual glaives nor does it have the killing potential of plenty of primary weapons. I certainly enjoy using it but only as a status applicator.

To the TC:

And by the way... I will continue beating this dead horse but priming enemies for CO is completely unnecessary unless your plan is to make a crappy weapon (pure crit) viable in steel path. Just because you hear it from youtube plebs doesn't make it true. The CO priming with primary/secondary has not been needed/useful since the enemy scaling was adjusted... Having said that, if you are intent on priming enemies for CO then just go with a sentinel weapon that has high status chance or forced status procs from your companion. 

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure your assertion regarding Cedo's glaive is accurate. Having tested the Cedo and all of the melee glaives I can say with complete certainty that it has as good, if not better tracking than most of the glaive weapons. I'd put it right up there with Falcor TBH.

i find it to be unreliable and strange, and i was giving it some best case scenarios, of my entire Screen filled with Enemies. idunno.

however i also strongly disagreed with peoples' complaints about Melee Glaives' for years, using them effectively on many Enemies was always very doable, people were just throwing them willy nilly rather than thinking with physics in mind.
but i digress.

anyways, the Cedo Glaive is pretty good, when it works. it's not as good as a Thrown Melee indeed, but it's still pretty good. performs well without having to put a lot of investment or setup into it.
that being said, i also come from a perspective where basically everything performs well, playing as a Roleplay of Damage v1 rainbow Damage and everything just kinda explodifies in front of me almost irregardless of what it is unless it's immune to Game Mechanics. so i guess Weapons generally perform better for me than most, so like how people tried to marry Tigris Prime for years, perhaps most Weapons perform poorly for the majority of people because of how they Mod them and how they use them, idunno.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

i find it to be unreliable and strange, and i was giving it some best case scenarios, of my entire Screen filled with Enemies. idunno.

however i also strongly disagreed with peoples' complaints about Melee Glaives' for years, using them effectively on many Enemies was always very doable, people were just throwing them willy nilly rather than thinking with physics in mind.
but i digress.

anyways, the Cedo Glaive is pretty good, when it works. it's not as good as a Thrown Melee indeed, but it's still pretty good. performs well without having to put a lot of investment or setup into it.
that being said, i also come from a perspective where basically everything performs well, playing as a Roleplay of Damage v1 rainbow Damage and everything just kinda explodifies in front of me almost irregardless of what it is unless it's immune to Game Mechanics. so i guess Weapons generally perform better for me than most, so like how people tried to marry Tigris Prime for years, perhaps most Weapons perform poorly for the majority of people because of how they Mod them and how they use them, idunno.

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-21 at 9:57 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

this is good

Its not "good".  Its OK, but not refined.

Lemme explain:

1) Glaives start "homing in" too soon.  They should not "track" targets until they travel at least 10 meters or hit something.   That way you can hit intended target at any range.

2) Glaives deal a bit to much damage on their own.  This + pretty good CC and procs.....kinda makes them a bit too strong.  These are supposed to "prime" targets for killing...not to kill them outright......that is what primary fire for.

Lower explosion and contact damage will make these less "killy", while retaining their main function - applying tons of procs on targets.

With that it should be pretty good. 

Archived