Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes~ Do not feel anything too special about them...

SerphV

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Me, you, and another person who commented on one of my threads earlier all had this idea, it seems logical tbh, definitely should be a thing with the next prime, we cant change it now though, it'd kill the in game economy and irritate players who wanted already released frames

As a new player it really took me a while to wrap my mind around the logic of not needing a regular frame to craft a prime and also the fact that primes were sometimes easier to get than the regular frame. I didn't understand if it was progression or just cosmetic. 

In some ways I was disappointed that I couldn't just upgrade my favorite frame that I spent time playing with into a prime version of itself. 

Yeah thanks for all your thoughts... Appreciate it...

For me I didnt see the Primes as just an additional skin... but rather as a significant upgrade (cause I played during the early days as having a Prime is like a THING), that is why it contributed to my thoughts as stated in the post.

If I switch my lens to seeing Prime as a skin then ALL of this would make sense... :)

Absolutely not.  The Void Relic / Prime system is a fine balance between keeping players engaged and playing the game, versus a lootbox system to make money for the developers.  If Prime warframes were so special and OP'd that it would completely outclass the vanilla versions, then there would be no reason to run vanilla frames at all.  The game would drift towards pay to win, lose its player base, and quickly reach its EOL when the novelty wears off.

"But you dun feel scam investing to a normal weapon first b4 the prime came out?"

Well there is alot of ways to see it... But i see the way cause i feel Prime should be a significant upgrade... And if u cant get the Prime, use the normal 1 first till you get the upgrade?

But if you see the prime as the skin then different story?

On 2021-02-26 at 8:30 AM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

And stuff like that.. I like how primes are currently. Better looks, finished looks with minor stat boosts. 

I think generally they're an evolution of Excaliber Prime. That was just a special version of the main warframe, but it was popular so the made more.

I do think the game suffers in part due to the 'not warfame 2, but warframe 2.0' stance the devs have. Though its great that rather than release a all new game that invalidates all the work players put in for much of the same experience (looking at you destiny) it does mean that they never really get the oportunity to massivly rework core systems. Systems become amalgamations of layers of changes made over time, as opposed to how they are often viewed, ie as a single unified system in the moment.

Certainly the ideal for primes would be that rather than building it as a new frame, you would instead build one and it would 'upgrade' an existing non prime frame. At least thats conceptually the ideal. However the way the game is, its just not practical to make such a change. Both from a players standpoint (anyone whos effectivly made 2 frames and forma'd them both would be burned) and from a mechanical standpoint (you can have more than one frame, so how to pick what gets an upgrade, ect.).

While i certainly 'white knight' for DE alot, that comes from the knowledge that this kind of game development is hard. But the Devs deserve some considderation. After all, this sprawling mess of a game would be so much more managable if they pulled a Bungie and said 'were removing X number of planets, X gamemodes and X weapons from the game'. But they keep everything in, even Lunaro for peats sake.

This speaks volumes to me on the companies mentality. They keep things in, even if it makes life more difficult for them. Even outliers to this, like Trials and Dark sectors would have been easier for them if the had removed it and said thats it, but they do generally feel it was removed just so they could rework them (a process thats obviously been delayed!)

That was a rabit hole i didnt expect to go down when i started typing :D

On 2021-02-25 at 4:44 PM, SerphV said:

Perhaps this had been said before... but just gonna put my thoughts here and want to hear from you guys...

With the release of the new Octavia Prime... it triggered the old feeling and thought that I had in me: "Apart from the different aesthetic, better stats... and additional polarity and something with the void traps, there is literally NO other significant difference compared to the normal one... the word Prime seems overhyped and I end up feeling underwhelmed~~" I do not feel the urge to get it quickly as I still have the normal 1 with me...

And even saying that, some of the normal Warframe have a SPECIAL QUEST to get them! And all the primes are just from relics! Like whut??~~ Well for this, if they could make that in order to build a Prime Warframe, you will need the normal Warframe as a base to build, it might make the Prime, a Prime? So its like attaching and upgrading the normal Warframe to a Prime... 

On top of that, shouldn't the PRIME Warframe with all those special voodoo Orokin technology blah blah~  be like something awesomer and cooler to play with? Like maybe an additional skill or passive? Or maybe just some special synergy with something else... The previous few prime came and went... without me even realising that I was using a prime cause they felt the same?

Not saying Prime is a bad idea but I find that it needs a little bit more KICK~ 

What are your thoughts on this?

Prime got gold. And that's all the reason anyone need to own primes 😎

All jokes aside, i agree but also disagree with some of your points.

Like any other noobs, i was really excited when i got my first prime. Then disappointed as i died in my very first mission. But over time, i appreciate that primes are not super saiyajin versions of warframes that are 10.000 times stronger. People still need to make good builds, have good mods, and good weapons. It also prevents warframe for being a p2w game.

Anyway, i agree that prime's acquisitions feels lackluster compared to regular frames. Especially because some regular frames like protea have really epic quests to obtain them. I actually use saryn prime to farm regular saryn parts, and mesa prime to farm regular mesa parts. Ironic.

i still play with normal loki and frost. primes also have enough formas.
you just don't have as many advantages as already said. skins are great! but more energy or defense is actually not necessary. above all I have enough formas and booster is mostly active. so switching is not an issue.

I would like to see more tweaks such as skills that have been greatly improved and adapted to later missions. everything stays the same here.

Am 25.2.2021 um 16:13 schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

The way people avoid using forma, frames that come with 1 to 3 extra seems like a boost.

Honestly yes, on frames I dont use a lot I try to get away with as little forma as possible.

Archived