Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are warframes sentient? ( Some degree of spoilers )

AngryBAsian

As others pointed out if theres anything left of who they where its very derply buried. And we are making copies its not like we have the other original umbras.

At present the only frame with any sort of self is umbra.  Lines from trailers seem to imply the former people they where affected the end result.  It doesn't say the current frames have anything left of their human selves . Remember the original now long since destroyed frames are gone.

Other then umbra no other frame displays self will.

I do not buy the warframe saving us from stalker as the warframe acting. Rather the tennos unrefined powers triggering in a desperate moment. Since we had no other way to survive.

I would love something as i described before to umbeaize normal frames.

Remember the tennos powers are potentially all powerful all consuming, constantly growing, reality breaking, mind warping double edged swords.

Maybe the paradox will really give us more and overall better operaters.

I'd say no outside of Umbra.

People like to point out the whole pulling-sword-out-of-chest thing and claim it is due to sentience. IMO those people missed the complete point of the quest, which is to show the pure strength of the tenno and how they can control frames over literal lightyear distances. In the case of the sword the tenno is 5 feet away from the frame, obviously what the quest shows is a pure feat of tenno power, being able to reconnect to and use the frame even without being in his reservoir or the transference "throne" in his ship. Just as it manages to navigate the frame and pew-pew sentients as they flee from Lua.

• 3 weeks later...

Necro, but just read Rhino Prime lore will be enough.

Bottom line, the flesh bag in the Warframe can be either a frothing infested mass or human.
And yes even infested mass do have some sort of Sentience even if they are not connected to the Hive Mind.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)TheSyndicated87 said:

Yo y’all remember the chroma from the new strange he was walking around and destroying stuff without anyone controlling him

Actually, he was explicitly being controlled:

"Then the question is, if it is not Tenno-controlled, what entity dominates it? That is the true prey. I must have that other for my Sanctuary."

"Let us begin the final hunt. Defeating Chroma will allow us to Synthesise it… only then, we will learn the secrets of its controller."

"SHUT YOUR OSCILLATOR, SIMARIS. Operator, use the scanner on the Chroma. You do not have to kill it, or risk yourself. You can release it from its control with the scanner!"

"Excellent work, Tenno. You’ve severed the control of Chroma. The hunt is over."

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-04-05 at 3:21 AM, Kraethius said:

I always figured the moment our frame pulls Stalkers sword out was the Tenno controlling it, showing a glimpse of the powers they'd awaken to later during the War Within (using Transference unassisted).

Not quite. Prior to TWW, Transference either had to be done in a pod or using direct contact, neither of which is true in this case. TWW was about unlocking the Operator's mind, which gave access to their true powers, the powers Margulis had locked away in an attempt to protect the Tenno.

Umbra seems to be the only warframe that still has an amount of sentience. They likely discontinued this form because they could run free when not controlled by Tenno, which makes them a potential threat.

Any frame assembled in the Railjack is just sterilised Infested biomass in a carapace - the ultimate soldier, devoid of sentience.

Archived