Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Gameplay

(XBOX)EndgameOnyx

Question

For the life of me, I don't understand why this takes so long. 

At first, I was only running missions on my Lich's controlled nodes, and immediately realized that gaining Requiem Hints this way... well I've seen paint that dries faster. Then I found out that you can obtain the Requiem Mods themselves, and just brute force the combination... except you need to grind for Requiem Relics... which drop maybe 1/3 tries... putting your total mission commitment to somewhere in the ballpark of 24 missions, unless you hit a lucky streak or get repeat relics or mods. Then you still need to open the relics, for a minimum 8 runs... provided you again don't get any repeats or duds.

So at the end of the day, the best case for getting all 8 possible Requiem Mods from Requiem Relics is at least 32 missions (Getting a Relic every 3 missions, and not getting any repeats or duds). And then you still have to brute force the code combination.

And we're doing this... why? As far as I've seen, all I've gotten out of this is Kuva (which I can get anyways) and an extremely annoying a**hole who feels the need to remind me of his compensation issues every time I log in or so much as *breathe* on his territory. 

At this point, if there was an "Abort" option, I'd use it just to shut this guy up.

Am I missing some miraculous way of making this process not suck? Please and thank you.

8 answers to this question

7 hours ago, (XBOX)EndgameOnyx said:

And we're doing this... why? As far as I've seen, all I've gotten out of this is Kuva (which I can get anyways) and an extremely annoying a**hole who feels the need to remind me of his compensation issues every time I log in or so much as *breathe* on his territory. 

The main motivation to create and Hunt a Lich

is to Vanquish them and obtain their Kuva Weapon. These new weapons provide Mastery Points for the completionists, and some of them are quite powerful as well. Secondarily a Lich has the chance to spawn an Ephemera Cosmetic - cosmetics can be an endgame goal for many players.

converted Liches (not killed) can sometimes be useful as they will occasionally show up in your missions when you need help, they can also be Traded to other players (collectors) as a source of Platinum.

the First Lich can be a bit of a grind, as you will not posses an inventory of Requiem Mods.

Your initial source for Requiem Relics should be Kuva Siphons, once you have all 8 symbols; a steady trickle of additional Relics will come from Thralls in the course of your normal Murmur Farming. At this point I gain Requiem Relics faster than I actually need the Mods, and instead just open them for Riven Slivers or Kuva...

As for Murmur Farming:

a Lich Node will spawn up to 10 Thralls which can be killed for Murmur. I advise Not Rushing these missions, but instead drag them out as long as possible to get all 10 of those Thralls if possible. This maximizes your returns; as Clearing Nodes causes your Lich to get Angry, and clearing All Nodes makes them Level Up and spread to other planets, which increases difficulty of future Nodes. So it is to your advantage to maximize Murmur per Node cleared.

When your Lich is Angry, they have a chance of spawning in-mission. Most peoples' first reaction is to fight them; knock them down and do a Mercy Stab so they leave. But I advice against this, as performing a Stab on your Lich causes them to Level Up.

As an alternate strategy, Camp near the Lich but stay in cover (or use a stealth frame). Any Grineer that get close to the Lich will be Converted into Thralls (up to 10 conversions); which increases your Murmur returns. Farm up the Converted Thralls and just complete the mission, leaving the Lich unharmed.

Now you have a method of Farming Murmur, as the Lich will stay Angry, have a high chance of appearing in your missions, thus Converting Thralls beyond the initial 10 Thrall limit per node. So keep your Lich angry but low-level, yet generating a higher than normal amount of Murmur per mission.

Only Stab your Lich when you have gained knowledge of all 3 symbols, or when you are on the Last Node (as they will level up on completion anyway).

Using this method I typically know the full sequence within 2.5 planets worth of Nodes. and the Lich dead before I clear my 3rd planet.

Other players might suggest the Opposite Strategy, of Rush Nodes and Stab the Lich Early and Often, so they level up fast and appear more often and just brute force it. Buy I prefer my method as it keeps the Lich Low Level and the missions easy. Rush strategy should be reserved for high level players.

The whole kuva lich thing was designed to be a convoluted time sink for advance players, which never sits well with me.

First of all, the lore. Why do we need to hunt for and figure out some ancient relics code to kill an infested grineer? It doesn't make any sense. Codes are for... stopping nuclear launches. or shutting down killer robots. Look, if the liches are corpus robots, and the sequences are emergency override codes, I'll be down with that story.

And secondly it's just a huge noob trap. Majority of players never knew the hole they're getting into when they press that finisher button. Imho it should come with a huge prompt: "you're about to start kuva lich hunt. Are you sure? Yes / No". At least some players will back off when they see such warning, or probably do some research before they continue.

It's just too blatant of a time sink. they didn't even try to sugarcoat it with logical backstory. And people who still have other things to do in warframe should stay away from it.

There are 3-ish steps in killing or converting a Lich: collecting murmurs > getting the requiem mods > killing/converting the Lich. Alright.

1. Collecting Murmurs:

You collect murmurs by mercy killing a thrall, up to 10 thralls can spawn in a mission if you wait enough. If your Lich appears in your mission, it can convert 10 more, adding to a total of 20 thralls possible thralls in a single mission. Every time you try and miss a combination on your Lich you receive 10 murmurs.

With this in mind, the number of murmurs for each secret is:

First: about 30.
Second: about 60.
Third: about 80.

So you can get the first secret with just three missions. Myself, I always try the first secret as soon as I get it so I can unlock more missions to do, start the second secret with -10 murmurs from the get go and have some knowledge of the correct combination.

If you are in a squad and their Lich appears and they fail on their combination, all the better, 10 free murmurs for you.

2. Getting Requiem Mods:

Sincerely? Just buy them from players. 10 plat each, the cost of a sindicate mod or a archweapon part. And three uses each, a really good investment.

It will come the time you will be full of requiem relics, I myself have +50 of each one, none of them dropped from Kuva Siphon missions.

3. Killing/Converting the Lich:

The easiest part. Just equip Mesa. Kill thralls until you piss it off and chases you, then Peacemaker the sh*t out of it. By now, you will only need to try a couple combinations if at all.

At the height of my Kuva Lich hunt I was doing a Lich every 4 hours. I have already done all weapons and have all ephemeras.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Other players might suggest the Opposite Strategy, of Rush Nodes and Stab the Lich Early and Often, so they level up fast and appear more often and just brute force it. Buy I prefer my method as it keeps the Lich Low Level and the missions easy. Rush strategy should be reserved for high level players.

This is a very good point that all new players should take notice of. Yes rushing a lich and brute forcing it is faster because the lich will show up more often at level 5 but it is harder and not everyone will be able to take advantage and make it faster if they're struggling with each mission.

Farm your liches murmurs before farming relics and you'll probably end up with enough relics to [hopefully] get a full set of requiem mods from the murmur drops. If you can take down lvl 5 liches easily then run quick missions like capture and exterminate first to increase threat level and increase chance of lich spawning and take down the lich for extra murmurs, taking note that they will convert enemies(or spawn them?) into murmurs, some people like to delay killing the lich to farm these murmurs, but I find this method slower especially if the lich goes away without taking it down for the murmurs. (I hope this problem is rectified in the upcoming changes, as my biggest gripe with liches is this halted gameplay that is so often forced on me because other's don't want me to kill their lich) I personally find the lich kill and whatever murmurs spawn in the mission more than enough for a single mission and I'd rather get back into another mission to potentially spawn the lich again because I feel it reduces the total time per completed lich. 

After you know your murmurs open your relics. Use doubles to trade for what you don't have, and if you're lucky you wont even need a full set to get the 3 you need for your first lich. Get enough for your first lich and you reduce your immediate grind. Requiem mods being my second biggest gripe with liches, I'm hopeful the changes will improve on this as well. So I prefer to open a few relics here and there. This splits up the requiem grind so it's not as full on. And between liches I'd have to farm less requiem mods, eventually completing a full set of requiem mods with extra while still taking down liches. 

If you have the requiem mods, guess as you go and you might get lucky. I've had some lich completions on my second attempt (Maybe even a first) and some where I eliminated a considerable amount of murmur farm by guessing some of the mods before taking down the lich.

One recommendation I have is ask squad mates what planets their lich is on and whether they want to kill it or not. It can be a waste of time when they don't kill their lich, but it can speed the process up if they do. I've had several liches come in the single mission allowing for fast murmur farm, but as far as I know you need a squad mate with the same planet under their liches influence. I like to cycle between peoples planets, prioritizing ones that someone else has to increase chances of lich. Coordinate your chosen mission nodes with your squad and you might get some extra nodes out of a planet that you no longer have any lich controlled nodes for. Capture (And I think exterminate) can be completed more than once, although I'm not sure if it's guaranteed. But, it's often preferred to do a bunch of these before starting a lich squad so you have some initial threat level..

EDIT: And look at your active liches weaknesses, resistances and immunities and account for those.

Hi, yes Kuva liches are just another grind. If you want to speed up.. then buy all 8 parazon mods on trade chat. And then I personally run perma-invisible Loki with Stropha.

I was annoyed by that grind at first, but I just killed my 3rd lich and I find it kind of "casual fun".

It's quite easy even choose the weapon you want. Run Saturn/Cassiny (capture) over and over, you should have correct lich under 30min.

Archived