Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need tips on Steel Path

LordNero86

Question

Hi,

I just started doing SP (I know I'm waaaay late), and doing it solo. I can do Exterminate, Capture, Rescue, Sabotage quite easily with Loki, Spy with Ivara. Thing is, when it's MD/interception/disruption/defense/Boss fights, I find it's quite difficult doing it solo. Recruiting is out of the way bc most of the time, there is no one playing the node and my connection sucks.

For starters, I'm just a casual player, I have most of the weapons and mods and some decent riven to support. For frames, I have most of them except Lavos and Octavia Prime. Not really on min-maxing stats but I do try to get the most out of the weapons and frames I have

I've tried bringing Slowva for defense but the result is quite shaky for 5 waves. I've tried using slowva and limbo on MD but not too confident with defending the objectives. For boss fights, generally I bring Inaros.

For elements: I set mostly corrosive when fighting grineer, magnetic/blast when vs corpus, corrosive when vs infested. I hope it's the right choice

I'm looking for some tips on how to clear those nodes. What frame preferably to choose on specific mission and weapon of choice and elements to use

Thanks in advance

15 answers to this question

Hi there tenno ^.^ 

for defense and MD i use octavia

for interception i either use octavia or limbo if grineer

for disruption i use inaros with the khora ensnare ( remember you only need to kill one )

For the boss fights i roll in a ball and cry XD thinking about the ropalolist 

Try magnetic-toxin with corpus; the toxin damage will bypass their shields into their relatively tiny health pools and the magnetic damage will hurt their shields which helps vs the non-bursa tankier targets eg. techs.

Do you have frames you either enjoy the most or are most comfortable with? Gimme like 3-4

Hi Tenno!  I'm currently MR25 in-game and working towards grinding up to 30.  I am a bit of a min-maxer however, so my builds and setups can be a bit in-depth.

4 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

For elements: I set mostly corrosive when fighting grineer, magnetic/blast when vs corpus, corrosive when vs infested. I hope it's the right choice

First opinion I can give is elemental combos and some setups.

Grineer:
Viral + Heat for elemental combos.
Viral gives a scaling Damage buff while being effective against their flesh type.  Heat is also equally effective against their flesh type, but its status proc provides armor strip.

Corpus:
Magnetic is good - best thing for shields.  I wouldnt play blast though, it has negative damage to shields.  Go with Toxin.  That completely bypasses shields.
Magnetic + Toxin would be a lethal combo against 90% of corpus.

Infested:
On the right track with corrosive, but adding in Heat/Blast to deal bonus damage to their flesh types is highly recommended.

Combine these damage types on a hybrid crit & status hose such as a Kuva Kohm (or any applicable high crit/status weapon) can do some massive damage to the augmented enemies.

Boss Fights:
Now this is where it can be a bit tricky..  I solo'd a Steel Path Zeloid Prelate.  It was not fun.

The vast majority of bosses (not The Sergeant) are just bullet sponges now and require you to learn their phases, spam some kind of damage source (preferably a highly modded exalted weapon like Excalibur's sword.)

If you need help in game, send me a friend request!  Or message me on discord: McLaggerson#0447

Forgot to mention:

The other missions - Mobile Defense, Interception & Defense are very hard to do solo.  Its much easier in a squad, but I haven't tried solo'ing them yet.

Disruptions, however:
Getting your hands on a Scythe or Nikana Zaw built for max crit, or a high crit Nikana, 2H Nikana or Scythe weapon is a good idea.
Build a heavy attack build for them to have slash procs that deal 200k+ damage a tick.

But don't forget - feel free to message me any time!  I can share builds and give tips better on discord where I can post images or even talk in voice chats or whatever!

28 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

Hi,

I just started doing SP (I know I'm waaaay late), and doing it solo. I can do Exterminate, Capture, Rescue, Sabotage quite easily with Loki, Spy with Ivara. Thing is, when it's MD/interception/disruption/defense/Boss fights, I find it's quite difficult doing it solo. Recruiting is out of the way bc most of the time, there is no one playing the node and my connection sucks.

... First steps into Steel Path, huh... Ok, let me see what advices I have for what you need...

For starters, I'm just a casual player, I have most of the weapons and mods and some decent riven to support.

... Being a casual player has no weight on your performance in Steel Path so~ I'll just skip ahead on this point......

For frames, I have most of them except Lavos and Octavia Prime. Not really on min-maxing stats but I do try to get the most out of the weapons and frames I have

I've tried bringing Slowva for defense but the result is quite shaky for 5 waves. I've tried using slowva and limbo on MD but not too confident with defending the objectives. For boss fights, generally I bring Inaros.

... Personally, I run with Excalibur so~... lets just skip ahead on this point and~ I'll let you imagine how exactly I make Excalibur work on Steel Path solo...

... Ok, now this is probably where you're struggling...

If you had the bad habit of scanning enemies without needing Helios (Seriously, this can be done so easily and so faster than Helios that its not even funny) and checking your Codex information on those enemies, you would've noticed that your elemental builds are wrong against their vulnerabilities/resistances against all 3 factions and, speaking of factions, you're actually missing one... I'm guessing that you haven't reached that far into Steel Path progression to take it into consideration...

• ... The amount of people that skip Scanning due to either laziness or unwillingness to spend more than 3 seconds in a mission is outstandingly high, its actually not funny at all...

Now, I could share advices on those builds but I'm a blasphemer since I have a mind of my own and reject metas so~ I'll just keep the zealots asleep in their closets, which is where they actually belong and should permanently disappear into.... If you're indeed interested in knowing more, and a comprehensive guide on that topic, you can always ask me through Private Message.

What I can assure you is that the only missions I have problems with in Steel Path are Interception missions where enemy walking distance from one beacon to the next is terribly short which are basically... 40% of the Interception missions in the map. That means that all other mission types are completed flawlessly solo...

• Of all my clan members, those willing to follow my advices saw their performance in Steel Path increase by around 80%, taking into consideration the differences between each player.
    • Yes, each given player has differences when compared to other player. These differences affect a build performance for the better... or for the worse.
  • Those that were unwilling to follow have severe problems in Steel Path and have discarded Steel Path completely.

Having gone through about half of Steel Path solo myself so far, here are the things I can help you with:

1. Mobile Defense / Defense: For these missions, I use a Limbo with a LOT of duration, Cataclysmic Continuum, Rolling Guard, and Natural Talent.  Just keep the 4 and 2 up around the defense objects and kill everything that wanders into your bubble.  Works very well for Mobile Defense but a bit iffy for Defense against Grineer since they might stay out of reach.  Very iffy against Corpus when the Nullifiers show up.

2. Assassination: I just have one mod for you: Shattering Impact.  Even against melee-immune bosses like Sargus Ruk and Vay Hek, this mod works wonders because hits that do not deal damage still strip a set amount of armor.  So I would whale like an idiot at them for a while until their HP bar turns red, and then proceed to shoot their faces off in a few shots.

Interceptions I'm still trying to figure out myself; will let you know if I find something that works.

Well, I might not know the most optimal way of going about such challenges, since I do not have a complete understanding of all the frames, mechanics and weapons the game offers, but I can at least give you my own personal experiences. That way, you or others can see possible ideas to follow or improve on. 

For SP Disruption. I found Magus Lockdown one of the more significant advantages. Its the arcane that can trap and hold enemies. I can't remember where you get it (I think Little Duck) but it works on the Demolishers/Demolysts. I also found playing with headphones would help me find them easier to, so if that helps you... oh and I would go Mesa, out of habit, but usually did more damage to the Demolishers with my melee, running a Condition Overload build, priming with a Cedo. There are a few warframes, with abilities that can work on the Demolishers (many don't) so being aware of those, and whether they are warframes you feel comfortable with, or favour could be advantageous! 

For SP Interception. I found Vauban was really good. Built for duration, and range, he has a few powers that can lock down multiple locations. I would use his 4 (Bastille) on one location, and use two Vector Pad's at the consoles at another location. I would put down a Wisp specter (and a Clem and an Ancient Healer) at another location, and then camp at the last location. All bases/points cover. I'd usually put the Wisp specter near the middle and run by and get buffs and go where I felt I needed to be. Felt pretty chill. Though like, some people might not want to use as many specters as I did, in my head, was worth to get SP done (though I only done about half of SP solo, a lot I did with friends)

For SP Defense and MD. I hear Octavia, Limbo, Khora are good. For myself, if it was Corpus, I went Mag, Saryn for Grineer and Nidus for Infested. I just liked their CC and durability. In general, would mod or emphasis Corrosive/Heat for Grineer (if I wasn't using Saryn), Toxin/Rad for Corpus, and Slash/Viral/Heat for Infested. Personally I really enjoyed the Cedo, Kuva Karak, Bramma, Kuva Nukor, Stropha, Stahlta, Dakra (had a good Riven for it, would probably recommend Nikana Prime over it), basically, in my head, I'd chose Warframes that could prevent the enemies from attacking the objective, but also clumped them up to make it easy to prime them with status or just outright finish with melee. Though again, such frames (Mag, Nidus) I have played with a lot as favourites, you might not like these frames, or their might/probably be better frames for suck tasks. Occasionally depending on map layout, I'd switch it up as well. I think I went Protea for the Kuva Fortress Defense, so I could have her slash grenades in the middle where the hazards are, and she is pretty tanky too. So practiced some trial and error here and there. 

In any case good luck! Try be patient with yourself! Especially if you have to do a lot of this solo, something I can't say I have done (I did a good chuck solo, but knowing I had the option to wait for friends, creates less pressure/burden)! Sometimes some trail and error is required, and if you fail, you identify why and counter strat and although at first, its aggravating, it also extremely rewarding when you accomplish your goal after working hard for it! Good luck and take care! 

SP Bosses... are a mixed bag. Some feel surprisingly easy. Others feel... Just try and make sure you have a good amp for Ropalolyst. The two Deimos bosses feel pretty tanky, Titania is good for Lephantis, I hear Revenant is good for the other (I used Mesa) 

Greetings Tenno,

People seem to have gone through the damage types on elements so I will bypass that and instead focus on the mission types you mentioned and how I solo them: 

Mobile Defense/Defense
Frames generally used: Nezha, Revenant, Hildryn, Limbo
It's all about cc at Mobile Defense nodes and a combination of cc and damage at Defense nodes.
Nezha can cc for days with a rounded build with a focus on Efficiency and Range. Duration can be a little above or below 100%, as can Strength: Use Divine Spears tocc enemies, follow up with your Blazing Chakram to enable more damage, health- and enemy orb drops, kill enemies, use 4 to drop whatever you didn't kill in the first few seconds and restart the loop. Ensure Fire Walker is active to provide any cc should you miss an enemy somewhere. I personally really enjoy Nexha, but I have to admit things can get a little hairy with him on Defense mission types at times.
Limbo: For me, range and duration are the most important. Cast Cataclysm, stop everything in the limbo plane with Stasis and kill them (on Defense) or sip some tea (Mobile Defense). Rinse and repeat. I do not use him against Corpus as Nullifiers are a pain to deal with and can ruin your plans and sippy time.
Revenant has a "soft cc" with Enthrall, as Thralls will draw the attention and fire of enemies. I like to spread my Enthrall to one or two enemies around the chokes/map (depending on which node) to ensure enemy fire is drawn from all angles and no one is attacking the defense target, instead opting for my new pals, the Thralls. From there I use some guns, melee and Reave to slap the enemies around a bit depending on what I am in the mood for. Once in a while I'd use Danse Macabre to just kill a bunch of them - be warned, it is dangerous to do it, since you want the buff from enemies attacking you to increase the damage, which can leave you dead if you don't time your ability entry and exit properly. It is fun though, so I take the risk :)
Hildryn, with the Blazing Pillage augment and good strength and range, is absolutely fantastic on defense against Corpus, Grineer and yes, Infested in SP. Cast Haven, spam Pillage. That is pretty much it. Every time you cast Pillage and it hits enemies, the enemies get cc'd, have shield/armour stripped by a percentage based on your Strength, get damaged by heat with a guaranteed proc (which can get stacked) and your shields get restored. Blast away at everything in sight. If you want, you can give her Elemental Ward through Helminth, set it to Electricity to allow for more shields and to damage any enemy that actually attacks you. Though I flip between frames based on my mood, Hildryn seems to do these nodes with the least amount of effort. 

Disruption
For me, the frame doesn't really matter, as long as it can survive the enemies and hold a melee weapon. What is important to me is the weapon must be strong with a heavy attack build and combo efficiency -  you want to be able to kill the Demolyst FAST, so build your combo throughout the game. The second important thing is to have Magus Lockdown on your operator - it is one of the more reliable cc methods to hold a Demolyst in place long enough to unleash your heavy attacks a few times, or at least once. Sometimes you might have to do it twice, or even three times, which is why combo efficiency is an important stat. I prefer using Redeemer Prime for this node.

Interception
A tricky one indeed. I've had success with Nezha, but it seems Ivara and Limbo have an easier time.

With Nezha, I just ran around from node to node, killing everything in sight, ensuring Fire Walker is active to slow down enemies that cross my path and using Divine Spears to interrupt enemies trying to take control of a node. I've found it to be more difficult to do with him than the others.

Limbo with great range and duration is used to cast Cataclysm onto two points, perhaps three if the map allows, ensuring that any enemies that approach said points enter the limbo plane, get frozen in time with Stasis and remain there by keeping stasis active. I try to get a lead, by controlling these points, grabbing a third when time allows, maintaining Cataclysm at great range and then defend the two points. If opportunity allows, I would go for other points to give myself a safety buffer even when I am in the lead.

Ivara with range allows her to draw enemies to a point on the map with Noise Arrow. This gives Ivara the opportunity to stealthily grab control points with little to no conflict, whilst buying time before the points already claimed by her to not be taken as quickly. I'll continue to grab points, or reclaim taken points, whilst maintaining Prowl to remain hidden, whilst maintaining Noise Arrow at the strategically chosen position on the map between control points to keep enemies preoccupied. Move more swiftly between points with your Operator.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

Defense/MobileD: Really anything that can do hard-area crowd control is going to work but I find Limbo to be easy mode with max duration and a little range, use the Cataclysm mod to further extend the duration.  BONUS: Replace Limbo's 3 with Pull, if you have subsumed Mag, since it can be using in the Cataclysm on enemies outside and can pull them into the Cataclysm to be instantly frozen by Stasis and you can sit there and melee or fire at will.  Ya Nullifiers can be annoying but bring a toxin-melee weapon, slide in and make quick work them them before they get to Cataclysm and jump back into the rift.  

Disruption: Tank + strong melee weapon spam.

Interception is the harder one though because you have 4 person enemy numbers and holding just 2 points won't win you the mission.  This is very map specific.  I feel like Limbo is still easy mode here with 1+2 and a 4 on a single point.  Mag can be very effective using Pull from a distance to disrupt enemy movement.  Hydroid CAN be good if you can overlap his 4 onto 2 points, otherwise it's a little iffy.  Frost is the obvious go-to for this and isn't a bad idea.  Khora good choice overall, Rev can work.  Just remember, you don't need to kill the enemies, just stop them from taking points.

8 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Hi there tenno ^.^ 

for defense and MD i use octavia

for interception i either use octavia or limbo if grineer

for disruption i use inaros with the khora ensnare ( remember you only need to kill one )

For the boss fights i roll in a ball and cry XD thinking about the ropalolist 

ah, forgot to mention, I don't have helminth (yet). Perhaps I should have it first before continuing SP.

Tried using max range stasis limbo on interception, didn't end well lol

I'm concerned with the boss fight especially ropalolyst and ambulas, same with you

8 hours ago, Ordel said:

Try magnetic-toxin with corpus; the toxin damage will bypass their shields into their relatively tiny health pools and the magnetic damage will hurt their shields which helps vs the non-bursa tankier targets eg. techs.

Do you have frames you either enjoy the most or are most comfortable with? Gimme like 3-4

usually I put gas+magnetic when vs corpus but it seems weak, like shooting wet noodles on a brick. Perhaps it's my weapon of choice that didn't have much DPS. it's ok when vs humanoid but when the moas and friends came....well it's like prodding them with a twig lol

for frames I'm comfortable with:

1. Loki (max dura for stealth with irradiating disarm) for general use

2. Ivara (max dura with prowl for spy and general use when I want to take the mission slowly)

3. Mirage (with explosive legerdemain) for regular defense

4. Nekros despoil for survival

5, Mag counter pulse

6. Nova (Slow/Speed/neutral)

7. Inaros for general boss fights

I have adaptation when needed on each build. Perhaps I have the frames to do the work, just the DPS which is I find is lacking

8 hours ago, Alko897 said:

Hi Tenno!  I'm currently MR25 in-game and working towards grinding up to 30.  I am a bit of a min-maxer however, so my builds and setups can be a bit in-depth.

First opinion I can give is elemental combos and some setups.

Grineer:
Viral + Heat for elemental combos.
Viral gives a scaling Damage buff while being effective against their flesh type.  Heat is also equally effective against their flesh type, but its status proc provides armor strip.

Corpus:
Magnetic is good - best thing for shields.  I wouldnt play blast though, it has negative damage to shields.  Go with Toxin.  That completely bypasses shields.
Magnetic + Toxin would be a lethal combo against 90% of corpus.

Infested:
On the right track with corrosive, but adding in Heat/Blast to deal bonus damage to their flesh types is highly recommended.

Combine these damage types on a hybrid crit & status hose such as a Kuva Kohm (or any applicable high crit/status weapon) can do some massive damage to the augmented enemies.

Boss Fights:
Now this is where it can be a bit tricky..  I solo'd a Steel Path Zeloid Prelate.  It was not fun.

The vast majority of bosses (not The Sergeant) are just bullet sponges now and require you to learn their phases, spam some kind of damage source (preferably a highly modded exalted weapon like Excalibur's sword.)

If you need help in game, send me a friend request!  Or message me on discord: McLaggerson#0447

For grineer, I find tested viral heat vs corrosive heat and found corrosive heat works better O.o perhaps it's just because of my weapon of choice? I thought viral should be better but the TTK for a level 100-ish grineer grunts is far slower than with corrosive heat. I'll try some more with different weapons

for corpus, normally I'd use gas+magnetic. it's just the gas deals somewhat little damage. Or maybe I modded too heavily for magnet. those enemies has way too many shield imo. Then on moa and bursas, it didn't work that well

for infested, I'm torn between viral and corrosive. Checked the codex, most of them are weak to corrosive, but since most of them don't have armor, shouldn't viral be better?

I'll try modding my Kuva Kohm. I mostly use my sobek (got a pretty decent riven for it) which can deal quite a lot of proc in a single hit, ignis wraith for more status, thinking to use tigris prime for single shot DPS but lacking in status. For secondary, I use tombfinger with pax charge, can deal quite a lot of viral+rad in a single shot. For melee, I use stropha (no riven) for heavy attack single shot Viral+rad or rad+corrosive DPS.

Solo'd zealoid prelate on regular with loki, it's already annoying.... can't imagine how long it will take on SP

8 hours ago, Alko897 said:

Forgot to mention:

The other missions - Mobile Defense, Interception & Defense are very hard to do solo.  Its much easier in a squad, but I haven't tried solo'ing them yet.

Disruptions, however:
Getting your hands on a Scythe or Nikana Zaw built for max crit, or a high crit Nikana, 2H Nikana or Scythe weapon is a good idea.
Build a heavy attack build for them to have slash procs that deal 200k+ damage a tick.

But don't forget - feel free to message me any time!  I can share builds and give tips better on discord where I can post images or even talk in voice chats or whatever!

MD, Def, Intercept is really harder solo. Perhaps I'm making it hard for myself, but I don't have clannies to take anymore (clan pretty much dead and I'm appointed as the clan leader bc it's only me who still plays). Don't want to bother anyone else for my plight. Also I play less regularly these days, only have like an hour or two each day.

Disruption and salvage, I can imagine it will be painful to do...

I have sepfahn but no riven to help. Mostly I use stropha for DPS (viral rad or corrosive rad). I have nami skyla or kronen for red crit, perhaps I should try taking those in SP

8 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... First steps into Steel Path, huh... Ok, let me see what advices I have for what you need...

... Being a casual player has no weight on your performance in Steel Path so~ I'll just skip ahead on this point......

... Personally, I run with Excalibur so~... lets just skip ahead on this point and~ I'll let you imagine how exactly I make Excalibur work on Steel Path solo...

... Ok, now this is probably where you're struggling...

If you had the bad habit of scanning enemies without needing Helios (Seriously, this can be done so easily and so faster than Helios that its not even funny) and checking your Codex information on those enemies, you would've noticed that your elemental builds are wrong against their vulnerabilities/resistances against all 3 factions and, speaking of factions, you're actually missing one... I'm guessing that you haven't reached that far into Steel Path progression to take it into consideration...

• ... The amount of people that skip Scanning due to either laziness or unwillingness to spend more than 3 seconds in a mission is outstandingly high, its actually not funny at all...

Now, I could share advices on those builds but I'm a blasphemer since I have a mind of my own and reject metas so~ I'll just keep the zealots asleep in their closets, which is where they actually belong and should permanently disappear into.... If you're indeed interested in knowing more, and a comprehensive guide on that topic, you can always ask me through Private Message.

What I can assure you is that the only missions I have problems with in Steel Path are Interception missions where enemy walking distance from one beacon to the next is terribly short which are basically... 40% of the Interception missions in the map. That means that all other mission types are completed flawlessly solo...

• Of all my clan members, those willing to follow my advices saw their performance in Steel Path increase by around 80%, taking into consideration the differences between each player.
    • Yes, each given player has differences when compared to other player. These differences affect a build performance for the better... or for the worse.
  • Those that were unwilling to follow have severe problems in Steel Path and have discarded Steel Path completely.

Excalibur solo, perhaps you're taking radial blind and hybrid exalted blade plus adaptation?

and yes, the void faction, haven't reached them tbh

I did scan everything with helios, checked codex for weakness. but it seems the proc combo didn't work well or it's just my weapon of choice that didn't have much DPS to handle the enemies.

I don't really care about meta stuff, I'll drop you a message when I have more spare time :) thanks a lot!

8 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Having gone through about half of Steel Path solo myself so far, here are the things I can help you with:

1. Mobile Defense / Defense: For these missions, I use a Limbo with a LOT of duration, Cataclysmic Continuum, Rolling Guard, and Natural Talent.  Just keep the 4 and 2 up around the defense objects and kill everything that wanders into your bubble.  Works very well for Mobile Defense but a bit iffy for Defense against Grineer since they might stay out of reach.  Very iffy against Corpus when the Nullifiers show up.

2. Assassination: I just have one mod for you: Shattering Impact.  Even against melee-immune bosses like Sargus Ruk and Vay Hek, this mod works wonders because hits that do not deal damage still strip a set amount of armor.  So I would whale like an idiot at them for a while until their HP bar turns red, and then proceed to shoot their faces off in a few shots.

Interceptions I'm still trying to figure out myself; will let you know if I find something that works.

Exactly what I find on MD. Those nullies are a hassle.... perhaps I'll try max dura range Nyx next, hopefully she can CC all of them

shattering impact, haven't used it in a loooong time, I'll try it, thanks for the suggestion!

for interception, I'm thinking slowva, but the enemies can still shoot back. Tried bringing her to defense, the def objective survived with less than half HP... perhaps I'm just not too efficient on killing hence I'm looking for weapon of choice to bring on these fights

7 hours ago, (PSN)mahoshonenfox said:

Maybe this can help. I used Limbo to beat all the bosses in SP solo. When I mean beat, I mean I toyed with them. No rivens or super expensive arcane sets here. Just cheap Limbo builds with corrupted mods and a few Helminth abilities.

thanks, I'll watch it!

perhaps I should get helminth first and experiment more

7 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Well, I might not know the most optimal way of going about such challenges, since I do not have a complete understanding of all the frames, mechanics and weapons the game offers, but I can at least give you my own personal experiences. That way, you or others can see possible ideas to follow or improve on. 

For SP Disruption. I found Magus Lockdown one of the more significant advantages. Its the arcane that can trap and hold enemies. I can't remember where you get it (I think Little Duck) but it works on the Demolishers/Demolysts. I also found playing with headphones would help me find them easier to, so if that helps you... oh and I would go Mesa, out of habit, but usually did more damage to the Demolishers with my melee, running a Condition Overload build, priming with a Cedo. There are a few warframes, with abilities that can work on the Demolishers (many don't) so being aware of those, and whether they are warframes you feel comfortable with, or favour could be advantageous! 

For SP Interception. I found Vauban was really good. Built for duration, and range, he has a few powers that can lock down multiple locations. I would use his 4 (Bastille) on one location, and use two Vector Pad's at the consoles at another location. I would put down a Wisp specter (and a Clem and an Ancient Healer) at another location, and then camp at the last location. All bases/points cover. I'd usually put the Wisp specter near the middle and run by and get buffs and go where I felt I needed to be. Felt pretty chill. Though like, some people might not want to use as many specters as I did, in my head, was worth to get SP done (though I only done about half of SP solo, a lot I did with friends)

For SP Defense and MD. I hear Octavia, Limbo, Khora are good. For myself, if it was Corpus, I went Mag, Saryn for Grineer and Nidus for Infested. I just liked their CC and durability. In general, would mod or emphasis Corrosive/Heat for Grineer (if I wasn't using Saryn), Toxin/Rad for Corpus, and Slash/Viral/Heat for Infested. Personally I really enjoyed the Cedo, Kuva Karak, Bramma, Kuva Nukor, Stropha, Stahlta, Dakra (had a good Riven for it, would probably recommend Nikana Prime over it), basically, in my head, I'd chose Warframes that could prevent the enemies from attacking the objective, but also clumped them up to make it easy to prime them with status or just outright finish with melee. Though again, such frames (Mag, Nidus) I have played with a lot as favourites, you might not like these frames, or their might/probably be better frames for suck tasks. Occasionally depending on map layout, I'd switch it up as well. I think I went Protea for the Kuva Fortress Defense, so I could have her slash grenades in the middle where the hazards are, and she is pretty tanky too. So practiced some trial and error here and there. 

In any case good luck! Try be patient with yourself! Especially if you have to do a lot of this solo, something I can't say I have done (I did a good chuck solo, but knowing I had the option to wait for friends, creates less pressure/burden)! Sometimes some trail and error is required, and if you fail, you identify why and counter strat and although at first, its aggravating, it also extremely rewarding when you accomplish your goal after working hard for it! Good luck and take care! 

SP Bosses... are a mixed bag. Some feel surprisingly easy. Others feel... Just try and make sure you have a good amp for Ropalolyst. The two Deimos bosses feel pretty tanky, Titania is good for Lephantis, I hear Revenant is good for the other (I used Mesa) 

ah yes, magus lockdown from little duck, haven't completed those in ages. Mesa with shatter shield, I'm not too confident bringing her but I guess I should play with her a little bit more! I usually just use heavy attack stropha on the regular demolysts, I imagine it will be harder on these SP ones...

completely forgot that specters can help. I never uses specters tbh. I'll dabble with them. Is it better with bastille or vortex?

I'll try the frames you mentioned on Def and MD. What comes in mind is khora with strangledome, perhaps max dura range for that and think how to survive. Saryn for corrosive spores, why I didn't think of that before lol.... Nidus, haven't touched him in ages, perhaps the time is now

thanks for the advice!

7 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Greetings Tenno,

People seem to have gone through the damage types on elements so I will bypass that and instead focus on the mission types you mentioned and how I solo them: 

Mobile Defense/Defense
Frames generally used: Nezha, Revenant, Hildryn, Limbo
It's all about cc at Mobile Defense nodes and a combination of cc and damage at Defense nodes.
Nezha can cc for days with a rounded build with a focus on Efficiency and Range. Duration can be a little above or below 100%, as can Strength: Use Divine Spears tocc enemies, follow up with your Blazing Chakram to enable more damage, health- and enemy orb drops, kill enemies, use 4 to drop whatever you didn't kill in the first few seconds and restart the loop. Ensure Fire Walker is active to provide any cc should you miss an enemy somewhere. I personally really enjoy Nexha, but I have to admit things can get a little hairy with him on Defense mission types at times.
Limbo: For me, range and duration are the most important. Cast Cataclysm, stop everything in the limbo plane with Stasis and kill them (on Defense) or sip some tea (Mobile Defense). Rinse and repeat. I do not use him against Corpus as Nullifiers are a pain to deal with and can ruin your plans and sippy time.
Revenant has a "soft cc" with Enthrall, as Thralls will draw the attention and fire of enemies. I like to spread my Enthrall to one or two enemies around the chokes/map (depending on which node) to ensure enemy fire is drawn from all angles and no one is attacking the defense target, instead opting for my new pals, the Thralls. From there I use some guns, melee and Reave to slap the enemies around a bit depending on what I am in the mood for. Once in a while I'd use Danse Macabre to just kill a bunch of them - be warned, it is dangerous to do it, since you want the buff from enemies attacking you to increase the damage, which can leave you dead if you don't time your ability entry and exit properly. It is fun though, so I take the risk :)
Hildryn, with the Blazing Pillage augment and good strength and range, is absolutely fantastic on defense against Corpus, Grineer and yes, Infested in SP. Cast Haven, spam Pillage. That is pretty much it. Every time you cast Pillage and it hits enemies, the enemies get cc'd, have shield/armour stripped by a percentage based on your Strength, get damaged by heat with a guaranteed proc (which can get stacked) and your shields get restored. Blast away at everything in sight. If you want, you can give her Elemental Ward through Helminth, set it to Electricity to allow for more shields and to damage any enemy that actually attacks you. Though I flip between frames based on my mood, Hildryn seems to do these nodes with the least amount of effort. 

Disruption
For me, the frame doesn't really matter, as long as it can survive the enemies and hold a melee weapon. What is important to me is the weapon must be strong with a heavy attack build and combo efficiency -  you want to be able to kill the Demolyst FAST, so build your combo throughout the game. The second important thing is to have Magus Lockdown on your operator - it is one of the more reliable cc methods to hold a Demolyst in place long enough to unleash your heavy attacks a few times, or at least once. Sometimes you might have to do it twice, or even three times, which is why combo efficiency is an important stat. I prefer using Redeemer Prime for this node.

Interception
A tricky one indeed. I've had success with Nezha, but it seems Ivara and Limbo have an easier time.

With Nezha, I just ran around from node to node, killing everything in sight, ensuring Fire Walker is active to slow down enemies that cross my path and using Divine Spears to interrupt enemies trying to take control of a node. I've found it to be more difficult to do with him than the others.

Limbo with great range and duration is used to cast Cataclysm onto two points, perhaps three if the map allows, ensuring that any enemies that approach said points enter the limbo plane, get frozen in time with Stasis and remain there by keeping stasis active. I try to get a lead, by controlling these points, grabbing a third when time allows, maintaining Cataclysm at great range and then defend the two points. If opportunity allows, I would go for other points to give myself a safety buffer even when I am in the lead.

Ivara with range allows her to draw enemies to a point on the map with Noise Arrow. This gives Ivara the opportunity to stealthily grab control points with little to no conflict, whilst buying time before the points already claimed by her to not be taken as quickly. I'll continue to grab points, or reclaim taken points, whilst maintaining Prowl to remain hidden, whilst maintaining Noise Arrow at the strategically chosen position on the map between control points to keep enemies preoccupied. Move more swiftly between points with your Operator.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

I'm interested in how you use hildryn. I admit I don't really use her much. I'll play around with her more

for disruption, I don't have magus lockdown yet, I'll work on that. Why redeemer prime not stropha?

for interception, I just tried with limbo, but the result seems shaky. it's almost like a race, ended with 100% vs 89%-ish.

for ivara, wouldn't the enemy comes in alerted already? afaik it won't attract alerted enemies to a point

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Calliber said:

Defense/MobileD: Really anything that can do hard-area crowd control is going to work but I find Limbo to be easy mode with max duration and a little range, use the Cataclysm mod to further extend the duration.  BONUS: Replace Limbo's 3 with Pull, if you have subsumed Mag, since it can be using in the Cataclysm on enemies outside and can pull them into the Cataclysm to be instantly frozen by Stasis and you can sit there and melee or fire at will.  Ya Nullifiers can be annoying but bring a toxin-melee weapon, slide in and make quick work them them before they get to Cataclysm and jump back into the rift.  

Disruption: Tank + strong melee weapon spam.

Interception is the harder one though because you have 4 person enemy numbers and holding just 2 points won't win you the mission.  This is very map specific.  I feel like Limbo is still easy mode here with 1+2 and a 4 on a single point.  Mag can be very effective using Pull from a distance to disrupt enemy movement.  Hydroid CAN be good if you can overlap his 4 onto 2 points, otherwise it's a little iffy.  Frost is the obvious go-to for this and isn't a bad idea.  Khora good choice overall, Rev can work.  Just remember, you don't need to kill the enemies, just stop them from taking points.

seems limbo is still easier, perhaps I'm not playing him efficiently

Thanks everyone! I'll try and retry until I succeed. 

3 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

I'm interested in how you use hildryn. I admit I don't really use her much. I'll play around with her more

for disruption, I don't have magus lockdown yet, I'll work on that. Why redeemer prime not stropha?

for interception, I just tried with limbo, but the result seems shaky. it's almost like a race, ended with 100% vs 89%-ish.

for ivara, wouldn't the enemy comes in alerted already? afaik it won't attract alerted enemies to a point

I was honestly shocked at how effective she is with Blazing Pillage. Give her a go. Hell, I even picked up Balefire Surge, put some range on her and went Super Saiyan on defense vs Corpus as well as Infested, popping floating enemies and recharging my shields at the same time. Her Balefire can hit quite hard.

Congrats on the Interception win with Limbo. At times it can feel like a race depending on the map and how often you get the chance to grab a third and/or fourth point. I played an SP Interception node earlier with Ivara. Some seem very alert and keen to go to a point which is why points get recaptured by the enemy, but for the most part the enemy seems to congregate at my Noise Arrow, making recaptures by the enemy less often (I had all four points captured multiple times) and recaptures by me easier, since there were either no enemies at that point when I got there, or only a handful. I was invis most of the time, which may have helped. The end score was something like 100% - 67%, which makes it sound like it was a breeze, but it wasn't. I moved constantly between points and I do recall getting to one point and just leaving it after a few seconds since there were too many enemies to clean up silently, instead trying to maintain the other points and recapturing this busy point later when the enemies wandered off. Again, it worked surprisingly well the first time a tried it. As a side note, don't use a Panzer Vulpaphyla and use a Sentinel instead. The Panzer does seem to alert enemies when revived and does seem to detract from the effectiveness of the strategy.

4 hours ago, LordNero86 said:

ah yes, magus lockdown from little duck, haven't completed those in ages. Mesa with shatter shield, I'm not too confident bringing her but I guess I should play with her a little bit more! I usually just use heavy attack stropha on the regular demolysts, I imagine it will be harder on these SP ones...

completely forgot that specters can help. I never uses specters tbh. I'll dabble with them. Is it better with bastille or vortex?

I'll try the frames you mentioned on Def and MD. What comes in mind is khora with strangledome, perhaps max dura range for that and think how to survive. Saryn for corrosive spores, why I didn't think of that before lol.... Nidus, haven't touched him in ages, perhaps the time is now

thanks for the advice!

Don't feel obligated to bring Mesa to SP Disruption, I just do that out of personal habit, since Mesa is great for normal Disruption (with Peacemakers), but not nearly as effective on SP Disruption. So any frame you feel comfortable with. I feel really tanky with Mesa... because I use Operator mode a lot, with a maxed out Lockdown, and Arcanes that heal me and etc etc I know a particularly popular combination is, any tanky frame with Khora's Ensnare on them via Helminth. Since that ability does also work on the Demolysts/Demolishers. Oh and hey thats actually what I often use as well, just Heavy Attack Stropha. I would say you could still go that route on SP, but you might want to prime the enemy with statuses, do some normal Stropha attacks to build combo, before finishing with a Heavy Attack. Stropha is so so good! 

Yeah and I am not sure if you know this about Specter's, but you can have a small army, if you use different types. Like you can't throw out multiple of the Tenno Specters (rewards you get from Rescue) but you can throw out one of those, a Clem Clone, and all the other Syndicate Specters, like an Ancient Healer, Shield Osprey, Roller etc. You can have like 9 Specter Allies! lol. The Tenno Specters scale with enemy as well... the higher starred Specters scale higher... they are no joke, especially as a small gang. Their one weakness is they won't necessarily target the enemy who is manipulating the console, but they are very good defenders. Oh also another weakness is that you have to wait 8 hours to create them if you don't really use them... so that might be annoying... but... if you are playing SP solo and dread having to do Interception, I think this will definitely help make those missions easy! Wisp is a good candidate because she'll give you, allies (like your pets) and herself buffs (you can command Specters to stay in one spot) and regarding Vauban, I personally preferred Bastille for gaining percentages in the Interception (I could glance around from different points to see enemies suspended) and then I associate/prefer Vortex with killing them at the end. Plus uh you can get more time out of the ability this way (since they eventually end up in a Vortex, you can use that as your sign to head to that location, to throw another Bastille down)

Thats a good strat with Khora. Also depends on the maps too of course. Personally, I would make choices based on such variables. The Corpus ship Defense tileset, I find really really annoying. Its multi levelled, with so many entrances, its annoying to find enemies sometimes, and feels slow... so I would go Saryn or Mag, since they can hurt enemies from a distance, I wouldn't like Khora for that map, its way too big, but Hydron/Helene are a nice size for her Strangledome. Oh yeah, Saryn's powers make her great against SP Grineer. I get bored when I play Saryn too much, but she's very effective! Nidus IMO is great for SP solo, since you pull all enemy aggro, it makes getting your stacks up fast and easy. Also if you like using the Stropha heavy attack, just think about having a cluster of enemies all mushed together, ready for you to shoot them right in the middle!! Also since Nidus is all health, its really easy to Proc Arcane Avenger, so your Stropha Heavy Attack will pull out all sorts of crazy red crit numbers!! (Especially if you build a little combo first or prime the enemies with statuses) - its the most fun I have with this game! So satisfying! 

Thank you for the conversation, and hope you have fun with clearing SP! Let us know how you go as well, if you are so inclined. its been interesting reading other replies too, to see what tips and tricks I cam pick up. (Have to say, I personally struggle using Limbo at all lol)

Archived