Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let pilot control main cannon as well

HadeZx

Feels like manning a gun specificly for crewships is just not enough and lame; its a chore when you solo and have a pilot npc driving that hardly shoots the nose gun at all. If one out of 4 player is idle due to pilot taking both guns would be a problem 

so make more than 1railjack present in a game cuase why not? but ofc limit the npc crewmembers if anything concerns balance

or the swivel gunner can have access to maincannon simultaneously and autoshoots when market by pilot when crewship is vulnerable and stuff

eitherway i guarantee you this would make so much better gameplay than what it is now

just dont wanna man the mk1 apoc turrets anymore tho

There does not appear to be code in place for our crew to target weak points. This simply would not work because the AI is way too dumb to use the weapon correctly.

Furthermore, the AI does not restock ammo so after 2 shots they would be on the artillery gun doing nothing.

I mean, yeah there are some viable solutions to this but I think, given the duct-tape and bailing twine manner in which Warframe is put together, DE doesn't really know how to code effective AI. 

I mean... shoot... the AI crew members run around in completely illogical ways on the ship and get stuck in corners... What....

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

There does not appear to be code in place for our crew to target weak points. This simply would not work because the AI is way too dumb to use the weapon correctly.

Who targets weakpoints? Just slap that artillery damage boost mod on and its 1 hit anyway.

I think all we need is either a shorter animation when entering artiller, or for the 'charging' to be placed at the end the firing sequance. So you fire quickly, then the barrel needs to cool down or something.

12 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Who targets weakpoints? Just slap that artillery damage boost mod on and its 1 hit anyway.

Do crew members use our mods?

Also, I meant weakpoints on the corpus frigate. 

Additionally, if you shoot the narcelles with the artillery gun after they've been shut down with the turrets you do 0 damage. Shooting the big corpus shields on the crewships does 0 damage. Shielded crewships receive 0 damage.

I sincerely do not think a crew member on the artillery would use it effectively. 

The gunners are clearly just aimbotting fighters like all other enemy AI. DE hasn't coded in proper targetting whatsoever. At best a crewmember on artillery would shoot the main crewship but they would never benefit from shooting nacelles. They'd also need to code in something for resupplying ammo without player engagement.

27 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Not in the highest levels of the Veil. They still survive with 1/5 of health even with the Artillery Mod.

56 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Who targets weakpoints?

This may actually mean the ones that are relevant to the Volatile mission, where you get to destroy the main battleship/cruiser afterwards using the weak points on the hull?

I mean, that's what I personally want to use my RJ crew for at the moment...

5 hours ago, HadeZx said:

Feels like manning a gun specificly for crewships is just not enough and lame; its a chore when you solo and have a pilot npc driving that hardly shoots the nose gun at all. If one out of 4 player is idle due to pilot taking both guns would be a problem 

so make more than 1railjack present in a game cuase why not? but ofc limit the npc crewmembers if anything concerns balance

or the swivel gunner can have access to maincannon simultaneously and autoshoots when market by pilot when crewship is vulnerable and stuff

eitherway i guarantee you this would make so much better gameplay than what it is now

just dont wanna man the mk1 apoc turrets anymore tho

let this be the true gunnery rank 10. pilot can now use artillery canon from the pilot seat. then i will welcome with open arms the rise in heat accretion. 

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Do crew members use our mods?

They'd also need to code in something for resupplying ammo without player engagement.

Crew members recieve a copy of every mod in the hosts plexus.

What would likely happen is the crew member would have a cooldown for shots, like 10-20 seconds. Pretty sure crew dont use revolite and they just take x seconds to repair damage. Forward artillery should just be usable by the pilot honestly, DE can just prevent movement and shooting main guns to make you vulnerable. It is a waste of time swapping from pilot to FA, it doesn't make the mission harder just more annoying.

15 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

This may actually mean the ones that are relevant to the Volatile mission, where you get to destroy the main battleship/cruiser afterwards using the weak points on the hull?

I mean, that's what I personally want to use my RJ crew for at the moment...

Oh yea. I mean thats easier than crewships because they dont move.

16 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Not in the highest levels of the Veil. They still survive with 1/5 of health even with the Artillery Mod.

I only play Veil, and i can confirm this isnt true. Ive got my artillery mod leveled to second highest, and it 1 hits everything, provided you knock out all sheilding first.

11 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I only play Veil, and i can confirm this isnt true. Ive got my artillery mod leveled to second highest, and it 1 hits everything, provided you knock out all sheilding first.

Do you do the highest Volatile/Defence? Because I've hit them in non-weakspots (what the previous poster was talking about) and I have the +100% Artillery Damage equipped and they still survive.

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Are you sure about this? I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere but it makes sense.

Yep, I am 100% sure. There is a tip somewhere in the Railjack screen (probably crew screen) that states they do.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Do you do the highest Volatile/Defence? Because I've hit them in non-weakspots (what the previous poster was talking about) and I have the +100% Artillery Damage equipped and they still survive.

Yep, ive only got it at +90% damage but its always a 1 hit. You have to destroy all the sheild generators or any other protective barriers first of course, but as the compleatly block all damage that wouldnt factor into it.

I dont know why its different.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

Yep, ive only got it at +90% damage but its always a 1 hit. You have to destroy all the sheild generators or any other protective barriers first of course, but as the compleatly block all damage that wouldnt factor into it.

I dont know why its different.

Thats the thing, everything you said to do? I've always done it. But level 59 Orm crewships walways survive an non-weakspot shot from the FA with +100%  Mod.

The only thing that can come to mind now is: do you or your gunners use the Photor or the Talyn? Heat procs might be reducing the armor.

I will test it now.

edit:

It SEEMS to be that. Crewships are still taking extra damage when on fire. Might also be the former Ballistic and Particle damage effects? Might need to test more, the missions itself are lenghty.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Thats the thing, everything you said to do? I've always done it. But level 59 Orm crewships walways survive an non-weakspot shot from the FA with +100%  Mod.

The only thing that can come to mind now is: do you or your gunners use the Photor or the Talyn? Heat procs might be reducing the armor.

I will test it now.

edit:

It SEEMS to be that. Crewships are still taking extra damage when on fire. Might also be the former Ballistic and Particle damage effects? Might need to test more, the missions itself are lenghty.

Yea, i dont know. You can 1 shot most crewships without the artillery mod by hitting weakpoints, but since using it (even back when it was an avionic) ive not had to specifically aim at a weakpoint.

I'm actually with the developers on this. Giving pilots control of the main artillery is effectively frontloading the pilot position as the swiss army knife position. No one else is really needed at that point. Would rather see the crew members operate either pilot or artillery more effectively.

Archived