Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx rework any time?

TeaHawk

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

That would definitely be news.... Although I'm curious as to why though ? 🤔

There's no logic behind it from a lore perspective or anything. DE is just pushing drops to Railjack to make more players play it.

4 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

There's no logic behind it from a lore perspective or anything. DE is just pushing drops to Railjack to make more players play it.

LoL... Oh yeah right... I totally forgot they do that sometimes 😁 !!!

43 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

That would definitely be news.... Although I'm curious as to why though ? 🤔

When they announced permanent unvaults I was expecting more than just two frames, given how many older primes there are. Like at least Mag and Volt, right? I guess these two were picked because who cares about them. Maybe their last unvaults sold poorly.

I'm guessing they're monitoring what will happen to their market prices (and platinum sales), and what will happen whenever they somehow sell their prime accessories, to see if it's viable to permanently unvault further primes.

If I was going to rework Nyx, here is what I would do:

Nyx:

Passive New: If Nyx`s health is below 50%, enemies attacking her will be put to sleep.

·       There is a 3 second window for enemies to be affected.

·       After the 3 second window is up it won`t activate again unless Nyx`s health is full.

·       Enemies will be put to sleep for 3 seconds.

·       There is no range limit on enemies put to sleep.

1st ability REWORK:

Nyx sends out a telekinetic wave that levitates enemies in the air. Deactivating the ability will turn them in to a projectile shooting them across the room.

·       Enemies will be levitated for 15 seconds.

·       The wave range is 15m and is sent out as a cone.

·       Enemies affected and hit will receive a decreased damage output by 70% for 12 seconds.

·       You can aim the lifted enemies in the direction of where the radicle is.

·       The duration of enemy de-buff can be increased by duration mods.

·       It can be cast in the air.

·       Depending on the chosen energy colour, there will be an aura around the affected enemies.

2nd ability:

·       Make it de-buff all eximus units.

·       Pressing the ability will deal 500 damage to enemies while holding the ability will strip enemies’ defences.

·       This ability has a combo window. The more it`s used the more damage it does, the less energy it takes. (ability press)

3rd ability:

·       Nyx has the option to cycle through three different commands. Enemies affected can either fight against each other, run away in fear or fall to the ground brain dead.

·       You can change enemies` behave while the ability is active.

·       If Nyx is shooting an enemy while they are in the animation state, the enemy will accumulate the damage you deal to it and will convert to extra damage, increase its movement speed by 20% and will fight for you.

·       Enemy stun and invulnerable window when shooting at a enemy last for 3 seconds.

·       The controlled enemy can hack alarms off for you if near one and if there are traps around (electric trap, magnetic door barrier) it can disarm them.

·       You can make it either stay in one spot or follow you by interacting with it.

·       FIX: In interception, enemies will still hack the terminal while under the effects of it and even if enemies are near them.

4th ability:

·       Make her move at the same speed as jogging. (while in her meditate stance)

·       It pulls aggro from enemies.

·       If cast in the air she will be stationary and have a 30% chance for enemies to be hermitized into slowly moving closer to Nyx in a 50m radius. If allies or companions get within 20m of the enemy, it will break the hermeticism making the enemies attack them.

·       You can use weapons while inside it. 30% of the weapon`s damage will be converted into status damage from the weapon Nyx is using to the absorption damage.

·       Whatever enemy is shooting at nyx will be affected by the explosion no matter the distance. Enemies in close damage range will take damage and enemies outside that will receive a knockdown and the status affects from whatever weapons you`re using.

·       Remove the ability for allies to be able to shoot it.

·       It won`t drain energy unless Nyx is being attacked.

·       (Synergy) If you aim your radical at an enemy and use the 1st ability, Nyx will propel herself forward to the enemy in a 15m radius. This will also deactivate the ability.

·       (Synergy) You can cast other abilities while using 4th ability and will cost half the energy.

·       (Synergy) If you use the 2nd ability, when deactivating the 4th ability, the de-buff will spread to enemies the survive the blast.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I think Nyx needs a revisit however if her 4th was replaced I wouldn`t have an issue.

If I was going to revisit Nyx, here is what I would do:

Nyx:

Passive New: If Nyx`s health is below 50%, enemies attacking her will be put to sleep.

·       After the 3 second window is up it won`t activate again unless Nyx`s health is full.

1st ability REWORK:

Nyx sends out a telekinetic wave that levitates enemies in the air. Deactivating the ability will turn them in to a projectile shooting them across the room.

·       Enemies affected and hit will receive a decreased damage output by 70% for 12 seconds.

·       You can aim the lifted enemies in the direction of where the radicle is.

·       Depending on the chosen energy colour, there will be an aura around the affected enemies.

2nd ability:

·       Pressing the ability will deal 500 damage to enemies while holding the ability will strip enemies’ defences.

·       This ability has a combo window. The more it`s used the more damage it does, the less energy it takes. (ability press)

3rd ability:

·       Nyx has the option to cycle through three different commands. Enemies affected can either fight against each other, run away in fear or fall to the ground brain dead.

·       If Nyx is shooting an enemy while they are in the animation state, the enemy will accumulate the damage you deal to it and will convert to extra damage, increase its movement speed by 20% and will fight for you.

·       Enemy stun and invulnerable window when shooting at a enemy last for 3 seconds.

·       The controlled enemy can hack alarms off for you if near one and if there are traps around (electric trap, magnetic door barrier) it can disarm them.

·       You can make it either stay in one spot or follow you by interacting with it.

·       FIX: In interception, enemies will still hack the terminal while under the effects of it and even if enemies are near them.

4th ability:

·       Make her move at the same speed as jogging. (while in her meditate stance)

·       If cast in the air she will be stationary and have a 30% chance for enemies to be hermitized into slowly moving closer to Nyx in a 50m radius. If allies or companions get within 20m of the enemy, it will break the hermeticism making the enemies attack them.

·       You can use weapons while inside it. 30% of the weapon`s damage will be converted into status damage from the weapon Nyx is using to the absorption damage.

·       Whatever enemy is shooting at nyx will be affected by the explosion no matter the distance. Enemies in close damage range will take damage and enemies outside that will receive a knockdown and the status affects from whatever weapons you`re using.

·       (Synergy) If you aim your radical at an enemy and use the 1st ability, Nyx will propel herself forward to the enemy in a 15m radius. This will also deactivate the ability.

·       (Synergy) You can cast other abilities while using 4th ability and will cost half the energy.

·       (Synergy) If you use the 2nd ability, when deactivating the 4th ability, the de-buff will spread to enemies the survive the blast.

OMG Yes! The Nyx we want and deserve!

Personally i've replaced her 1 with Airburst.

32 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

OMG Yes! The Nyx we want and deserve!

Personally i've replaced her 1 with Airburst.

I just want to correct myself, I`m giving Nyx a rework not a revisit since I have combined her 1 into the 3 and given her 1 a new ability.

On 2021-04-01 at 2:40 AM, Leqesai said:

Nyx definitely needs some love.

She and Hydroid are probably the two worst frames in the game right now. Neither really does anything better than any other frame and both have a bevy of near useless abilities in today's Warframe.

Hydroid used to be great at stripping armor until they nerfed corrosive

Nyx used to be queen of CC until other frames came along and straight up do what she did but better.

not to mention, CC in general is just....worthless now

now its all about damage.

CC is a by product of damage on newer frames.    while pure CC skills.....really don't see much use. cause why bother stunning or mind controlling when you can use the same time/energy to just murder it.

i miss old Xini days of beta

On 2021-05-07 at 5:26 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

If I was going to rework Nyx, here is what I would do:

Nyx:

1st ability REWORK:

2nd ability:

3rd ability:

4th ability:

this sounds fking epic.  i want this. so much.

also another option for 4 if DE what an easier out.  make it have a vacuum effect to pull enemies to it. out of cover. etc.

4 hours ago, Amberpaw said:

CC in general is just....worthless now

Not least seeing how you have a Booben profile pic, that claim seems utterly baffling to me.

Stuff like Sorties / Steel Path just gets shut down so dang effectively by him, it's pretty bananas.

4 hours ago, Amberpaw said:

not to mention, CC in general is just....worthless now

CC is definitely useful. It just isn't necessary unless you double-down on it. The game has gotten piss-easy over the years. I can't even tell you the last time I've lost a mission due to difficulty. I've seen some dumb losses because of user error but yeah.. 

Super CC builds like Limbo's stasis and Gloom setups are so strong you don't even need survivability mods in your loadout.

13 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Not least seeing how you have a Booben profile pic, that claim seems utterly baffling to me.

Stuff like Sorties / Steel Path just gets shut down so dang effectively by him, it's pretty bananas.

true, but problem is the same way you can use CC

theres alternative abilities that do the same CC, but also do dmg.

for example, Nyx's CC basically apply radiaiton proc to all enemies.

.....Oberons does damage, and has a radiation proc as a 2nd effect. effectively doing the same, but with dmg.

----------

now i wont deny sorties and such can benefit heavily with CC.....but honestly i don't see it often.  most sorties or steel paths i run, i usually just end up trying to keep up with the rest of the squad thats spin to winning a speed run through the map, leaving me few if any enemies to deal with myself.

CC can be valuable.....if people can't zoom through like sonic the hedgehog murdering everything (looking at you saryn) before you can even make out the enemy's name.

and as long as the enemies can be affected by CC....more than a few things are immune to it (bosses mostly)

its the same argument i use for Buzlock.  this rifle has the potential to be epic.   tag an enemy weakspot, and bullets hone in on it to all hit.  great for dmg..........except in 99% of cases by time the tag hits,  the enemy is either dead(if your lucky),    or the vulnerbility window is over (why do i say dead is lucky,  cause if its a vulnerbility window...your tag is still active on a now invulnerable target thats gonna suck all your bullets to that spot unless the tag time runs out,  or you get another tag on something living and damageable.)
its so situational....that the unique feature might as well be replaced with damage.  Rubico Prime for example.

cause by time the unique feature or CC can prove its worth,   in alot of situations you could have already killed it via just normal dmg.

or better CC.   compare Nyx's chaos.   to Nova's........just...boom.

causing a radiaiton proc to make enemies shoot eachother(and you).

vs just slowing them to 1/10th speed, causing them to take more dmg, and making them blow up on death.      the damage option of nova seems more appealing and sees more use.

its CC, but with dmg.

Archived