Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I make a peacefully provocation gloom equinoxand is amazing

Tinderox

Imagine an equinox able to nuke and tank whit the same build able to do all the missions except index in the game. whit a cc able to stop most of the bosses. We have it.

Subsume sevagoth to give equinox gloom, whit enough strength to reach 95% speed reduction, stack also whit the 80% of the peacefully provocation, reaching 99% speed reduction in a good area. Also yo can still take energy transfer and swap forms, nuke and repeat.

Cons: the energy consume will be almost unstopable whitout a very specific loadout

(2,5+0,15 per enemy+0,88 ) per second is the energy cost.whit equilibrium, dethcube, flow prime, and max efficiency im allow to mantain this build. Is fun to just walk and see the enemy suddenly stop cuz some tenno and his warframe is to close to them

I gave Gloom to Umbra. I can comfortably sustain it even when using Exalted Blade thanks to Hunter Adrenaline. In my last test run, only way I could die was by getting one-shot. 

I'm enjoying it while I can, because I am expecting for Gloom to get the Warcry/Roar/Dispensary/Larva treatment.

hace 11 horas, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim dijo:

Incoming nerf hammer 🤣

Gloom is not broken, is a very specific ability whit a lot of requirements to get at max lvl.  the energy requirements is crazy if you not run max efficiency, yep even whit an inaros and rage you will get out of energy cuz the enemy will not have time to shoot you. to reach 95% Speed reduction you  still need a lot of srength(like 270 power strength) only frames like protea and equinox that have in her kits something to reach that lvl can get it whitout sacrificing so much

Equinox case is special beacuse is synergize so well whit the kit of peacefully provocation build, at the point that you can give space to energy transfer, and still you lack of range to make a good nuke

Speed reduction is something like Damage reduction. Lower the enemy dps

I love how people keep saying Gloom is going to be nerfed because it can heal you. 

Like heal over time is really very useful for any frame in most situations? Or really hasn't ever been without accompanying damage reduction or the like? Like most people don't just use shield gating and abuse dragon keys? 

Am I missing something here? 

OP's build sounds like funsies though, maybe not too serious, but funsies for sure. And that's one of the other great things about Warframe. You can create builds just for testing, that you know aren't exactly all that practical in serious missions, but let you really experiment with the games engine. 

20 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I love how people keep saying Gloom is going to be nerfed because it can heal you. 

Like heal over time is really very useful for any frame in most situations? Or really hasn't ever been without accompanying damage reduction or the like? Like most people don't just use shield gating and abuse dragon keys? 

OP's build sounds like funsies though, maybe not too serious, but funsies for sure. And that's one of the other great things about Warframe. You can create builds just for testing, that you know aren't exactly all that practical in serious missions, but let you really experiment with the games engine. 

i assume its for fun, healing aspect of gloom would be considered a plus if we had a need for it but shieldgating changed all that (how fun). 

equinox doing the best impression za wurado would be slightly entertaining 

5 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

i assume its for fun, healing aspect of gloom would be considered a plus if we had a need for it but shieldgating changed all that (how fun). 

equinox doing the best impression za wurado would be slightly entertaining 

Yeah OP's build definitely just for fun, and it looks enjoyable on a certain level. 

But I'm honestly surprised people think Gloom is going to be nerfed, because of it's heal. 

I mean, even when Trin was the most meta of the meta, it was because of no muss, no fuss, 99% DR. Not because she could heal. And the community agreed Oberon was a trash healer until he got some actual DR to go along with it, because healing on its own is like nicher than niche in WF. 

4 hours ago, Tinderox said:

Gloom is not broken, is a very specific ability whit a lot of requirements to get at max lvl.  the energy requirements is crazy if you not run max efficiency, yep even whit an inaros and rage you will get out of energy cuz the enemy will not have time to shoot you. to reach 95% Speed reduction you  still need a lot of srength(like 270 power strength) only frames like protea and equinox that have in her kits something to reach that lvl can get it whitout sacrificing so much

Equinox case is special beacuse is synergize so well whit the kit of peacefully provocation build, at the point that you can give space to energy transfer, and still you lack of range to make a good nuke

Speed reduction is something like Damage reduction. Lower the enemy dps

I'm just making a joke, it's not like we've seen nerfs before that were not needed right?

Oh......wait 🤣

57 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah OP's build definitely just for fun, and it looks enjoyable on a certain level. 

But I'm honestly surprised people think Gloom is going to be nerfed, because of it's heal. 

I mean, even when Trin was the most meta of the meta, it was because of no muss, no fuss, 99% DR. Not because she could heal. And the community agreed Oberon was a trash healer until he got some actual DR to go along with it, because healing on its own is like nicher than niche in WF. 

its also like selling water to a fish, with the amount of healing options available 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Not just because it can heal you, but because of the way it does it and what it is also doing while healing you.

It's squad lifesteal enemy slowdown aura with a moderate range that moves with you. Just getting to 200% power strength means 70% slowdown. This is enough to make Steel Path Grineer behave and attack like PowerPoint slideshows. This is almost as broken as Resonator in the sense that it gives any frame the possibility to trivialize the game even more.

Even if the lifesteal aspect of it is left untouched, I expect for the slowdown to be get a heavy nerf when subsumed because it´s way too convenient to use. The energy drain is only an issue when not building around it, and historically speaking, the WF community tend to blindly follow convenience and building around it.

PS: Shield gating + Dragon Key is an exploit introduced by changing how shield gating works without changing the functionality of the dragon key to compensate what should be a handicap as with all other remaining keys. This is not intentional design. Don't be surprised when this is patched out.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Not just because it can heal you, but because of the way it does it and what it is also doing while healing you.

It's squad lifesteal enemy slowdown aura with a moderate range that moves with you. Just getting to 200% power strength means 70% slowdown. This is enough to make Steel Path Grineer behave and attack like PowerPoint slideshows. 

Even if the lifesteal aspect of it is left untouched, I expect for the slowdown to be get a heavy nerf when subsumed because it´s way too convenient to use. The energy drain is only an issue when not building around it, and historically speaking, the WF community tend to blindly follow convenience and building around it.

Well that I wouldn't be surprised by at all, it's just it's hard for me to find the healing part, in and of itself, OP in any way. But I understand you are looking at it as the whole package, and what it can all do together, while the people I am confused by seem to think the healing itself is the OP part on its own. 

The slowdown part being nerfed as a subsumed ability, yes, I kind of expect that actually. 

Just now, Jarriaga said:

I was actually making a joke at the onset but this fact that your pointing out does mean in at least Helminths case it will likely see some form of diminishing done to it for it not to be as good as Sevagoths. If usage does increase DE will notice and the joke I started with will be a reality 🤣

8 minutes ago, Tinderox said:

flashback intensifies XD

I think of it more as we transition to different endings like in Wayne's Wolrd 🤣 

Well, if i'd want a portable za warudo without using already well-established variants like nova/limbo, i think i'd rather dust off my high range rhino with ~58m, 97.5% slow for 30 energy. All these gloom setups sound too energy-hungry and mod-dependent for what they do imo.

On 2021-04-17 at 5:02 PM, Tinderox said:

(2,5+0,15 per enemy+0,88 ) per second is the energy cost.whit equilibrium, dethcube, flow prime, and max efficiency im allow to mantain this build. Is fun to just walk and see the enemy suddenly stop cuz some tenno and his warframe is to close to them

Why dethcube?

En 19/4/2021 a las 16:23, GREF_TM dijo:

Well, if i'd want a portable za warudo without using already well-established variants like nova/limbo, i think i'd rather dust off my high range rhino with ~58m, 97.5% slow for 30 energy. All these gloom setups sound too energy-hungry and mod-dependent for what they do imo.

yeah, in other frames maybe not, but in equinox is good beacuse you can have duality, energy transfer, and still survive in high lvl missions whitout one of your main sources of survival being of cuz you swap froms.  Thats one of the main problem whit equinox, the forms should be moddable one by one.(I dont know if im explaining well), like sevagoth

Gloom is just a bandaid

energy cost has always been equinox's problem, in order to make a build that works well, you need to have a good amount of range, strength, and efficiency. But equinox is a victim of time here, as the game updated, like many other frames, she didn't. I think she's due for a rework, or at least touch ups to make her more viable, as she is now, i think only night form is useful on steel path. 

Simply put, you almost require zenurik's energizing dash to keep her energy up in large groups, which warframe has no shortage of. Making her very difficult to use for those who don't use zenurik.

hace 6 horas, Joezone619 dijo:

I think she's due for a rework, or at least touch ups to make her more viable, as she is now, i think only night form is useful on steel path. 

Equinox have problems, in the design itself. She is MAD(Multiple atribute dependant). you need almost 200% of every stat to make she have all ability usefull.(except from duality you can go whit 90% duration). Provoke and pacify work agnaist the desing ifself of the frame, beacuse it incentivie to stay in one form, and i can keep telling a lot of why equinox need quality of lives changes

Archived