Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Carmine Penta

parttimeparty

I try not to hate on everything this game does. There's a lot they get right. The art direction is hands down if not one of, possibly the best there is. This new update is pretty good, once they get void storms figured out, they'll have some real gaming going on there.

But my question is this why on earth take up time to make us a weapon like the Carmine Penta?

Is it not complete fodder?

Legit question: Is there anything that this weapon gets right our am I just missing something?

If memory serves, the penta's deployment limit of active grenades is limited by its mag size. The bigger the mag, the more active nades you can have. Now add in tether grenades... Actually, I'm gonna do that when I get mine and give it to a crewmate. See if the boarding parties can do anything when they can't even move

Edit: nope, all variants are locked at 5 nades. Maybe carmine could work with a napalm grenade build, just light everything on fire

As @(XBOX)ShadowBlood89 pointed out, the Carmine Penta is originally from the China build of the game. It's possible that no one from DE actually made it – I'm not sure what the division of labour was, but I think the China build was handled by a different company for some aspects. It's not an object they devoted any real time to making, since it existed in the China build for a while. They just brought it over to the global build recently.

1 hour ago, parttimeparty said:

why on earth take up time to make us a weapon like the Carmine Penta?

So the answer to your question is: they didn't. No one took the time to make it. They just put an existing asset into the game. Thus, it's not surprising that it turned out to be

1 hour ago, parttimeparty said:

complete fodder

1 minute ago, GrayArchon said:

It's possible that no one from DE actually made it – I'm not sure what the division of labour was, but I think the China build was handled by a different company for some aspects

As far as I remember, only translation and marketing were done by the Chinese partners, while all game asset was still done by DE.

So, for instance, Wukong and Nezha were developed in Canada.

That probably includes the time required to do the Carmine Penta, which, let's be frank, was probably a couple of hours, as an afterthought..

33 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

As far as I remember, only translation and marketing were done by the Chinese partners, while all game asset was still done by DE.

So, for instance, Wukong and Nezha were developed in Canada.

That probably includes the time required to do the Carmine Penta, which, let's be frank, was probably a couple of hours, as an afterthought..

It is kinda cool to get so much influence from other places, just so long as its not the Carmine.

5 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

It is kinda cool to get so much influence from other places, just so long as its not the Carmine.

Hey this thing has been mocking me for three years. Not because I expected it to be good, but solely because we couldn't have it. At least let me use it to blow things up now that we have it

Archived