Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.6

[DE]Megan

52 minutes ago, Obdezat said:

Epitaph isn't triggering Arcane Awakening when it reloads its magazine of 1

It should get a 60% chance for +150% damage for 24 secs on reload.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Epitaph

• No magazine, reloads instantly.

Quoted from the wiki....assuming that it is correct.  As such, there's nothing to actually trigger the arcane.  The arcane is therefore working as intended....even if it makes no sense.

If you want a logical check, use the weapon.  There's no magazine of 1 listed, only the total ammunition.  

8 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Epitaph

• No magazine, reloads instantly.

Quoted from the wiki....assuming that it is correct.  As such, there's nothing to actually trigger the arcane.  The arcane is therefore working as intended....even if it makes no sense.

If you want a logical check, use the weapon.  There's no magazine of 1 listed, only the total ammunition.  

Fine, then by that logic please explain why it can't equip Synth Charge? 

If the logic is that it can't use Synth Charge because its magazine is less than 6 (listed as 1 in the armory) then naturally it should be able to trigger Arcane Awakening upon reload of that 1 for +150% damage for 24 secs

On 2021-04-21 at 1:58 PM, JackTheSwordman said:

If this was older DE they would've left it there and just called it unique, but nowadays if someone is getting high amounts of damage or loot and having fun with it then DE nerfs it and makes fun of their playerbase for enjoying the game

This exactly. Had a feeling this would eventually make it into the thread. Someone who makes it their quest to protect their creators of all things perfect. Show me this and show me that. Do you have proof? I need date to substantiate your claims. How dare you. How dare Tactical Potato, Leyzar, Gaz, Rio, etc who point out what the vast majority state about the games nerfs, changing style and lack of content. One person comments about how it felt amazing to have an amazing secondary, regardless of it being an exploit or whatever and oh no, can't have that. *eye roll

22 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Had a feeling this would eventually make it into the thread. Someone who makes it their quest to protect their creators of all things perfect. Show me this and show me that. Do you have proof? I need date to substantiate your claims. How dare you. How dare Tactical Potato, Leyzar, Gaz, Rio, etc who point out what the vast majority state about the games nerfs, changing style and lack of content. One person comments about how it felt amazing to have an amazing secondary, regardless of it being an exploit or whatever and oh no, can't have that. *eye roll

Yeah I agree with this, the criticism gatekeeping is annoying, especially in an update thread.

7 hours ago, Obdezat said:

Fine, then by that logic please explain why it can't equip Synth Charge? 

If the logic is that it can't use Synth Charge because its magazine is less than 6 (listed as 1 in the armory) then naturally it should be able to trigger Arcane Awakening upon reload of that 1 for +150% damage for 24 secs

You seem to be missing a critical point here in two dimensions.

Dimension 1: This is not my logic.  It is the facts, stated outright.  You might miss that nuance, but I have not stated my opinion.

Dimension 2: Basic math.  If you have no magazine, then there is no last shot in the magazine.  There is also no first shot in the magazine.

Let me end this with a basic logic prompt.  Most guns operate with a large reservoir (the maximum ammo count), and a smaller reservoir that can be tapped on demand (the magazine).  Logically speaking then, the two extreme potentials are that you can have a single reservoir (max ammo=magazine).  The other is that you have a single bullet loaded at any one time, and everything in the ammo maximum.  The third option is what DE decided on this one.  Yes....they managed to look at their own working system and break it.

What is the third option?  Well....you have no magazine.  This is possible if you have a recharge time of 0, where the game basically views a minimum amount to fire as met at all times, even if the magazine is set at nothing.  It checks the magazine after firing, notes nothing present (count = 0), performs a reload (firing state reset to possible), and is allowed to fire despite no magazine (firing possible, magazine=0 is not checked).  Because the ammo reserve is ticked down, you have a weapon that uses ammo, has no first or last shot in a magazine, and still works.

Now, let me express my opinion, about this situation.  You'll note this is my first and last statement of opinion, because the mechanics were a conjecture.  My opinion is that DE looked at this weapon, and saw that you could slap on the mods that benefit from a first and last shot in the magazine bonus.  Said benefits would render this weapon well outside of regular positioning on the power curve.  Rather than nerf the ever living crap out of the stats, they used their own broken check system to functionally create a weapon with no magazine....and if it doesn't have a magazine then the mods influencing said magazine don't have to be accounted for.  Hmmm....it's almost like somebody on the development team actually played the game.

Now that's my opinion.  Maybe DE's going to put out a fix that reworks the UI, and give this thing a real magazine.  I doubt it, because then it'd have to eat a nerf to not make it overwhelmingly powerful.

The other half of this is my opinion of your responses.  I can't conjecture about you, but my opinion is that you're an angry person.  When somebody provided you with a quote, instead of trying to understand you decided that I somehow have an axe to grind.  For the record, I do not.  I also went through the effort of trying to understand the mechanics, and the most basic effort of reading the description of mods.  It's a very low bar to entry, and if you'd have done so it'd be pretty obvious why one mod was not working and the other was also  not working.

If you'd like more facts, let's discuss the history that supports this.  The Vectis released with an ammo pool, and a magazine of 1.  Sniper weapons are low fire rate, high damage weapons, so they got a bonus for the first shot (charged chamber).  This allowed the Vectis a huge damage increase....and then DE decided to release the Vectis Prime.  Well, the Vectis Prime had a magazine of 2, immediately halving the bonus for charged chamber.  They then "fixed" the Vectis Prime by introducing a corrupted mod that accelerated reloads, at the cost of magazine capacity.  Hmmm....  They took what used to be a skill based reload cancel system requiring one mod slot, and made it into a two mod slot system with no real benefit for skill.  Seems a lot like the mod juggling shenanigans we're seeing with Epitaph now, no?

On a personal note, please take a chill pill.  This is a game.  I know I'm usually the one who is frustrated, but I don't snap at other players when things don't work as I think they should.  The fact that you decided to is not healthy.  If I had come at you with the same fervor, and questioned your ability to read from moment one, then we'd have a problem.  I quoted the wiki, and stated that because there was no magazine the thing was working as intended.  Not how I intended, not how I wanted, it was working as the words inside the mod described.  I cannot change them.  I cannot explain why DE decided to use an edge logic case which works by programming but by no reason.  I'm just doing the 20 seconds of searching you decided not to do before logging onto a forum and stating things were busted.

49 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

You seem to be missing a critical point here in two dimensions.

Dimension 1: This is not my logic.  It is the facts, stated outright.  You might miss that nuance, but I have not stated my opinion.

Dimension 2: Basic math.  If you have no magazine, then there is no last shot in the magazine.  There is also no first shot in the magazine.

Let me end this with a basic logic prompt.  Most guns operate with a large reservoir (the maximum ammo count), and a smaller reservoir that can be tapped on demand (the magazine).  Logically speaking then, the two extreme potentials are that you can have a single reservoir (max ammo=magazine).  The other is that you have a single bullet loaded at any one time, and everything in the ammo maximum.  The third option is what DE decided on this one.  Yes....they managed to look at their own working system and break it.

What is the third option?  Well....you have no magazine.  This is possible if you have a recharge time of 0, where the game basically views a minimum amount to fire as met at all times, even if the magazine is set at nothing.  It checks the magazine after firing, notes nothing present (count = 0), performs a reload (firing state reset to possible), and is allowed to fire despite no magazine (firing possible, magazine=0 is not checked).  Because the ammo reserve is ticked down, you have a weapon that uses ammo, has no first or last shot in a magazine, and still works.

Now, let me express my opinion, about this situation.  You'll note this is my first and last statement of opinion, because the mechanics were a conjecture.  My opinion is that DE looked at this weapon, and saw that you could slap on the mods that benefit from a first and last shot in the magazine bonus.  Said benefits would render this weapon well outside of regular positioning on the power curve.  Rather than nerf the ever living crap out of the stats, they used their own broken check system to functionally create a weapon with no magazine....and if it doesn't have a magazine then the mods influencing said magazine don't have to be accounted for.  Hmmm....it's almost like somebody on the development team actually played the game.

Now that's my opinion.  Maybe DE's going to put out a fix that reworks the UI, and give this thing a real magazine.  I doubt it, because then it'd have to eat a nerf to not make it overwhelmingly powerful.

The other half of this is my opinion of your responses.  I can't conjecture about you, but my opinion is that you're an angry person.  When somebody provided you with a quote, instead of trying to understand you decided that I somehow have an axe to grind.  For the record, I do not.  I also went through the effort of trying to understand the mechanics, and the most basic effort of reading the description of mods.  It's a very low bar to entry, and if you'd have done so it'd be pretty obvious why one mod was not working and the other was also  not working.

If you'd like more facts, let's discuss the history that supports this.  The Vectis released with an ammo pool, and a magazine of 1.  Sniper weapons are low fire rate, high damage weapons, so they got a bonus for the first shot (charged chamber).  This allowed the Vectis a huge damage increase....and then DE decided to release the Vectis Prime.  Well, the Vectis Prime had a magazine of 2, immediately halving the bonus for charged chamber.  They then "fixed" the Vectis Prime by introducing a corrupted mod that accelerated reloads, at the cost of magazine capacity.  Hmmm....  They took what used to be a skill based reload cancel system requiring one mod slot, and made it into a two mod slot system with no real benefit for skill.  Seems a lot like the mod juggling shenanigans we're seeing with Epitaph now, no?

On a personal note, please take a chill pill.  This is a game.  I know I'm usually the one who is frustrated, but I don't snap at other players when things don't work as I think they should.  The fact that you decided to is not healthy.  If I had come at you with the same fervor, and questioned your ability to read from moment one, then we'd have a problem.  I quoted the wiki, and stated that because there was no magazine the thing was working as intended.  Not how I intended, not how I wanted, it was working as the words inside the mod described.  I cannot change them.  I cannot explain why DE decided to use an edge logic case which works by programming but by no reason.  I'm just doing the 20 seconds of searching you decided not to do before logging onto a forum and stating things were busted.

Bruh, its a video game

Im goin off of what it says in game,

As stated in the Armory it has a magazine of one, as Arcane awakening reads it should trigger on reload 60% of the time for +150% damage for 24 secs

Im not googling or looking to outside sources.

And as far as your opinion, never asked for it.

I aint reading all that over a video game.

If anything pointing out the flaws in a "broken" system will improve it in the future.

17 hours ago, theBRICKMASTR said:

i'd like to make a request.  can we get the login reward screen to actually display how many days i have logged in? 

Just after you login look at top of your screen, pretty hard to miss. :laugh:

005B87A9060D21804A233D93C9FB286282A85751

On 2021-04-21 at 5:16 PM, metvincent said:

You could've clarified instead of going all mysterious too. So in fact there was a reason to get snarky with you. Again, we both said the same thing. We even had the same reactions:

But you have a clear issue with me not thinking it's an error even though I've stated my reasons to think that way. Even though all of your reactions above also indicate you thought it was intentional, snarky comments included 🤣 8 Pages later you actually read the freakin' hotfix thread and realized the "another change" part, and strapped your clanking boots from then on? Weird 180° you pulled there but sure.

Also, thanks for entirely avoiding the questions I asked you. You just proved me right.

Take care!

what are you on about?

lets review the series of events shall we?

1. they released the hotfix. that hotfix made glooms energy cost skyrocket out of control.

2. i, along with a lot of other people complained about it.

3. they later said it was broken and the changes were unintentional...i.e. an ERROR.

4. they proved that to be true by FIXING THE ERROR

acknowledging new information is not doing a "180". de came right out and said the changes were a mistake. i dont know why youre arguing about it, its a matter of public record.

you understand now? i sure hope so, cuz im not talking about it anymore.

have a nice life.

6 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

what are you on about?

lets review the series of events shall we?

1. they released the hotfix. that hotfix made glooms energy cost skyrocket out of control.

2. i, along with a lot of other people complained about it.

3. they later said it was broken and the changes were unintentional...i.e. an ERROR.

4. they proved that to be true by FIXING THE ERROR

acknowledging new information is not doing a "180". de came right out and said the changes were a mistake. i dont know why youre arguing about it, its a matter of public record.

you understand now? i sure hope so, cuz im not talking about it anymore.

have a nice life.

Acknowledging new information, but not your own reaction to the initial post? Gotcha! Makes sense why you're not "talking about it anymore". No one wants to admit when they effed up. Difference between you and me is I remember the test server fiasco, promising "no nerfs" on stream and do that immediately after, community asking for fixes to game breaking bugs literally for years (even in this very same thread. Like, CAN you read outside of your own echo chamber?). This is also a matter of public record, which I also mentioned on one of my previous answers to you, but you don't really care about that evidently.

But hey, the error was fixed now, so you can get your shining boots off now. That said it's truly saddening how easily you can get manipulated into turning against others who're asking the same exact thing as you.

Let's see how you do in a couple years. Based on the initial reaction you backed out from I can guarantee you'll be pulling off a 900° by then. Thanks for the well being wishes though!

Oh, Also:

Spoiler

Edited Tuesday at 10:18 PM by [DE]Momaw

On 2021-04-20 at 9:01 PM, cha0sWyrM said:

a pretty big blunder...they shouldnt have released the hotfix in this state.

Edited Wednesday at 02:01 AM by cha0sWyrM

You didn't back out on the criticism you got a like out of me on that post. Trying to swiftly get yourself outta that one?

On 2021-04-22 at 7:12 PM, chacachaca13 said:

This exactly. Had a feeling this would eventually make it into the thread. Someone who makes it their quest to protect their creators of all things perfect. Show me this and show me that. Do you have proof? I need date to substantiate your claims. How dare you. How dare Tactical Potato, Leyzar, Gaz, Rio, etc who point out what the vast majority state about the games nerfs, changing style and lack of content. One person comments about how it felt amazing to have an amazing secondary, regardless of it being an exploit or whatever and oh no, can't have that. *eye roll

Agreed. While I completely expected Synth Charge to get hotfixed out (but not Energizing shot, both of which I was running on my Epitaph build), we do have past record of bugs turning into features. Dominion skin on Zenistar being the best known one, albeit not game changing in any way. But we did have some gamechanging bugs turning into features, namely coptering leading to Parkour 2.0 and Nova's Molecular prime being affected by negative strength.

Spoiler

There’s been a lot of talk about the new Molecular Prime and its unintentional bonus of making enemies hyper-fast when using Overextended, mostly on how much of a game changer it is on maps running Defense or Survival missions.  Everyone seems to think there’s just something fun about Infested shambling at you at breakneck speed, both in the added difficulty that faster higher levelled enemies offers and the convenience that clearing a wave quicker brings to the community.  Everyone also seems to think this is a change that shouldn’t go away.

The good news is, we agree.

M Prime was never meant to show off the olympic potential of Tenno enemies, but now that it has it seems a shame to make any further adjustments so long as the incidental feature doesn’t cause balance issues in the future. 

As always we’ll let you know if there will be any future changes to any frame, and rest assured that we’ll be monitoring M Prime closely to ensure that we can correct any potential imbalances should they arise.

Happy Hunting, Tenno!

-De_Adam

That said, Rio is not someone I follow. Did for a while at first, then started noticing all the misleading, like clickbaiting endgame builds and then noticing dude was running Octavia specters back when Mallet pretty much disabled enemy AI, Ancient healer specters and Zenistar (which was a melee AOE viral/corrosive+heat primer back when we could completely strip armor with corrosive procs until Melee 3.0 and Kuva Nukor happened).

Much like Knightmareframe has done forever, priming enemies & abusing shield gating through teammates on all frames (until another well known ytber whom I respect explained to him how to do it on his own with Brief Respite/Augur mods + Decaying Dragon Key + Rolling Guard. But hey, I do remember that time the dude banned me from YT for advicing him how to mod his Vulpaphyla, claiming I was wrong, and now he uses those exact mods I told him about. So sweet! 🤣), then clickbaiting like there's no tomorrow. Or blasting on Taters on his Discord. Yeah, dude's just not a good person.

But Rio turned into Keemstar for Warframe for a good while now. Funny to see him pairing up with the same people who were adamantly backed up by DE even through the worst kind of toxicity towards the community and whom now turned their backs completely on them.

Don't forget: drama & outright lying puts food on the table, homies! 🤮

32 minutes ago, metvincent said:

Agreed. While I completely expected Synth Charge to get hotfixed out (but not Energizing shot, both of which I was running on my Epitaph build), we do have past record of bugs turning into features. Dominion skin on Zenistar being the best known one, albeit not game changing in any way. But we did have some gamechanging bugs turning into features, namely coptering leading to Parkour 2.0 and Nova's Molecular prime being affected by negative strength.

Reveal hidden contents

There’s been a lot of talk about the new Molecular Prime and its unintentional bonus of making enemies hyper-fast when using Overextended, mostly on how much of a game changer it is on maps running Defense or Survival missions.  Everyone seems to think there’s just something fun about Infested shambling at you at breakneck speed, both in the added difficulty that faster higher levelled enemies offers and the convenience that clearing a wave quicker brings to the community.  Everyone also seems to think this is a change that shouldn’t go away.

M Prime was never meant to show off the olympic potential of Tenno enemies, but now that it has it seems a shame to make any further adjustments so long as the incidental feature doesn’t cause balance issues in the future. 

As always we’ll let you know if there will be any future changes to any frame, and rest assured that we’ll be monitoring M Prime closely to ensure that we can correct any potential imbalances should they arise.

Happy Hunting, Tenno!

-De_Adam

That said, Rio is not someone I follow. Did for a while at first, then started noticing all the misleading, like clickbaiting endgame builds and then noticing dude was running Octavia specters back when Mallet pretty much disabled enemy AI, Ancient healer specters and Zenistar (which was a melee AOE viral/corrosive+heat primer back when we could completely strip armor with corrosive procs until Melee 3.0 and Kuva Nukor happened).

Much like Knightmareframe has done forever, priming enemies & abusing shield gating through teammates on all frames (until another well known ytber whom I respect explained to him how to do it on his own with Brief Respite/Augur mods + Decaying Dragon Key + Rolling Guard. But hey, I do remember that time the dude banned me from YT for advicing him how to mod his Vulpaphyla, claiming I was wrong, and now he uses those exact mods I told him about. So sweet! 🤣), then clickbaiting like there's no tomorrow. Or blasting on Taters on his Discord. Yeah, dude's just not a good person.

But Rio turned into Keemstar for Warframe for a good while now. Funny to see him pairing up with the same people who were adamantly backed up by DE even through the worst kind of toxicity towards the community and whom now turned their backs completely on them.

Oh wow, that is a lot of detail I wasn't aware of to be perfectly honest. I'm a Johnny come lately when it comes to the older/original WF creators. As a general rule, I definitely stay away from social media like Twitter, FB, Reddit and really only enjoy Leyzar and Potato. I can see how Rio is controversial but I didn't know about abusing specters, etc. But heck, since I solo 90% of the time, I'd take any advantage I can get at higher content. Hahaha. Even though I can blow through SP and believe me when I tell you, I suck. It is so hard for me to comprehend focus school with arcanes with stat sticks, companions or sentinels and blah blah. Back to topic though... You are right, why the removal of mods so quickly and apparently there seems to be a lot of confusion in the forums around arcanes, etc for epitaph. But like a lot of WF stuff, we're tossed new stuff and we have to figure it out on our own. Good or bad, it is a consistent game that I have been always come back to. Can't say that for any other game in 2 years.

1 hour ago, chacachaca13 said:

Oh wow, that is a lot of detail I wasn't aware of to be perfectly honest. I'm a Johnny come lately when it comes to the older/original WF creators. As a general rule, I definitely stay away from social media like Twitter, FB, Reddit and really only enjoy Leyzar and Potato. I can see how Rio is controversial but I didn't know about abusing specters, etc. But heck, since I solo 90% of the time, I'd take any advantage I can get at higher content. Hahaha. Even though I can blow through SP and believe me when I tell you, I suck. It is so hard for me to comprehend focus school with arcanes with stat sticks, companions or sentinels and blah blah. Back to topic though... You are right, why the removal of mods so quickly and apparently there seems to be a lot of confusion in the forums around arcanes, etc for epitaph. But like a lot of WF stuff, we're tossed new stuff and we have to figure it out on our own. Good or bad, it is a consistent game that I have been always come back to. Can't say that for any other game in 2 years.

Agreed! I stay out of social media as much as I can too. Can't really escape it though, people will mention it even within the game. Some of the stuff I mentioned was really well documented back in the day. And some topics were HUGE too, like the riven mafia thing, for which Taters made a video of (worst thing is they're still around...), so there was no way to avoid finding that out if you followed any content creator for the game or check region chat sporadically during that time.

And for sure I understand where you're coming from because I also soloed all content from the moment I created my account up until about MR15 or so, what I have an issue with regarding both Rio and Knightmareframe is the misleading. It's perfectly fine to use specters, that's what they're for after all. But when they sell it as "Ash vs lvl 9999" or whatever the clickbait of the day is, in reality it's not so much "ash vs lvl 9999" but "Octavia specter + dmg reduction specter + me supporting them; Camping vs lvl 9999" or "Condition Overload + Kuva Nukor/Epitaph + Shield Gating on any frame vs lvl 9999". Not to mention that time where one of those youtubers was clickbaiting a couple warframes power while a teammate Mag was giving him overshields and stripping armor.  Effectively doing all the work. That kind of content creator mislead newcomers all the time.

Now pair that up with the game itself having next to no ingame new player guide on anything, specially modding and well... say, a simple pop up message explaining the importance of companions, Animal Instinct and Vacuum would perfectly solve a lot of well known issues new players have. I'm not even talking about min maxing stuff you'd check the wiki for, that's basic stuff everyone should know hours after they made their account.

Less than a week ago I had a newcomer on the clan I'm in set up a Discord stream so I could see what that person was modding onto his gear and advice him properly. Watching that person struggle hard for an hour to understand the concept of polarities and mod capacity consumption/elemental order was heartbreaking. Next day he did the same thing on Discord, and I realized he had been watching some of the clickbaiters I mentioned (signs are clear once you start recognizing patterns within the mods used that type of content creators for the game can't stray out of).

It's a neverending cycle of DE not doing anything about the new player experience and clickbaiters spreading misinformation people follow because they can't really notice the game's inner mechanics these people abuse but hide from their viewers, they just want to kill lvl 9999 enemies too (which is perfectly undestandable if you ask me, we're space ninjas after all). It's disingenuous as F.

On 2021-04-20 at 8:42 PM, OrsonBear said:

Holy crap the flashback, how I remember the pain I had when I first started playing... 

Omg I forgot about that, but it helped keep me playing the game. I remember when the uranus boss was just a reskinned lancer with a skana.

On 2021-04-24 at 1:16 AM, metvincent said:

Reveal hidden contents

Happy Hunting, Tenno!

-De_Adam

Wow, I think you just take things too seriously, or not serious enough. Rio is one of the dudes who has been right all along! He just does his own thing now and keeps an eye on the game. Just look at the stats. The only reason it keeps going is vets and noobs pay for things, and new players keep playing the game. I have a love hate relationship with Warframe. But the dude's right, they really are just nerfing things. De has had a long history of being terrible at balancing things, and not doing things they should have done years ago, like fixing the ai, or adding new ai entirely.

6 hours ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

Wow, I think you just take things too seriously, or not serious enough. Rio is one of the dudes who has been right all along! He just does his own thing now and keeps an eye on the game. You're just here to defend a dying game. Just look at the stats. The only reason it keeps going is vets and noobs pay for things, and new players keep playing the game. I have a love hate relationship with Warframe. But the dude's right, they really are just nerfing things. De has had a long history of being terrible at balancing things, and not doing things they should have done years ago, like fixing the ai, or adding new ai entirely. They really need new head devs to figure things the #*!% out, except the art and sound team. Those people are good.

If the comment you quoted me came across as that to you, sorry. Didn't mean to. But please, go read my previous comments: I'm not defending the game.

If anything I'll defend the community, specifically the ones who are new to the game and predated upon by grifters/scammers or lied to for views. Rio is one of the latter. Just go look for the videos of the time he used to play the game and you'll start noticing all the bs he wasn't telling his audience (ie. you).

Remember Semlar? The one person who tried to make a better environment for people (FOR FREE no less) to learn rivens and not get scammed? Remember how he got shanked? Because Rio sure as hell didn't make a video about that, just checked. Two years later we still don't have any useful free tools to do that and no official auctionhouse either, while scammers and account sellers can easily afford to buy the resources to keep scamming newbies.

Make up your mind man... Am I taking things too seriously? or not enough? What did you mean? 🤣 And how does that sentence make sense to you? The only plane I can see that making any sense is "he's defending DE and blasting on Rio! Gotta defend my fave youtuber!". There's no sides to pick here. I dislike the guy because he's proven to be lying on his build videos and now makes videos on WF drama because that currently makes him WAY more money than anything else he puts out.

Don't take my word for it, just go check Rio's channel. See how many views all of his WF videos get compared to the rest of the content he releases. Then sort all videos by "most popular" and sift through all the clickbait build videos and you'll also see WF drama videos. Dude truly turned into WF's Keemstar. Like, how can you not realize that? I can notice the drama alert clickbait even by looking at the video titles. I can understand if you like bs drama, but I don't. It's easy money for youtubers with no effort, just slap gameplay of whatever you've been playing last month or whatever and talk s#%t for 20 minutes. Done $_$ You don't even need to edit nor pay someone else to do it for you.

Again, don't believe me? Just make a playlist of the last 10 WF related videos and see if the dude speaks anything differently aside from the weekly "oh, what did DE pull this time? time to go get that broken record!". He also does this with all other content he releases. God forbid dude gives you a video on a game he actually enjoys.

I've given DE PLENTY of harsh criticism. In fact I was just about to comment somewhere else about the time they came up with Lunaro months after Rocket League blew up, based on Void Storms being similar to Fortnite's Storms from what I see from other people's comments.

I completely agree with the fact DE this past couple years has taken the approach of kneejerk nerfs. Any cool interactions has been proven time and time again to get gutted if it turns to the "word of the day".  Even if they pinky promise not to on devstreams. I also mentioned them not fixing gamebreaking bugs that people have been reporting literally for years. Same for new player experience, which I pointed to two comment below the one you quoted me.

Here's another example: You probably know about the upcoming melee balance pass, right? Remember how they said they wouldn't gut it? And how they also mentioned on that same stream they'd get rid of a lot of innate procs on stances so to not give melee weapons too much CC? Well, Condition Overload also gets dmg from those same procs, so there's 120 to 360% damage decrease right there. Aside that, there's also the fact that even if they buffed primaries/secondaries up by 1000% dmg, a lot of weapons still have waaay better stats & mechanics than others. It's the same reason why Arca Plasmor/Catchmoon got gutted a while back. And it makes complete sense as to why anyone would bother with other weapons, with WF being a horde shooter. Like, why would anyone use Velox over Stahlta or Sepulcrum? The power creep has never been more real.

PS: Pretty sure you won't bother to read at all, so let me know if you need a TLDR.

Archived