Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

returning player here, what has been up over the last year?

SDGDen

Question

so i've taken a year long break from warframe for a bunch of reasons (i've been playing destiny 2 instead for a bit). and i was wondering: as a returning player thats been totally away from the game for a year, what information do i need to know going back in? i essentially left around the end of operation scarlet spear and i've been playing since 2015. 

6 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

left around the end of operation scarlet spear

Void Storms. Fissures with Railjack. They suck. Except Extermination. 

You farm new frame and new weapon there by doing the mission, no relic needed tho.

edit: whoops SS was already more than a year ago. Yeah, go with the next post. But Void Storms still take too long to be useful in any kind

Lot's of stuff has been added. No progress on the main story though.

From the top of my head:

1. Protea and quest
  2. Heart of Deimos expanion and quest, with new open world syndicates, weapons, kitguns, new pets and a mech to pilot. Yes a mech.
  3. Xaku frame on Deimos bounties (much like Garuda and Gara)
  4. As part of Deimos, the derelict has been removed and all nodes incoroprated on Deimos with lower level and no longer require keys to play the nodes
  5. Lavos frame (quest was in Orphix Venom, but you can now buy the parts on Deimos)
  6. Railjack update is pretty significant. See how you like it. Added corpus to Railjack nodes and also ability to do relic missions.
  7. Sevagoth and quest

Don't listen to salty boys about changes to the game. Make up your own mind.

25 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

so i've taken a year long break from warframe for a bunch of reasons (i've been playing destiny 2 instead for a bit). and i was wondering: as a returning player thats been totally away from the game for a year, what information do i need to know going back in? i essentially left around the end of operation scarlet spear and i've been playing since 2015. 

As with everything, people have different opinions and you might not share what they feel.

So just like what any other wise returning players would do: check the patchnotes since you left, only you know the exact time when you left.

And give the game a go yourself. Our opinions are open for debate, and fact-wise we're far less reliable than the patchnotes.

A lot has happened, you need to dive in and start looking for yourself when you don't understand something.

Things added:

- Corpus ship map rework

- Bunnch of new frames - new primes

- Bunch of weapons

- New open world and redesign/removal of derrelicts

- Steel Path (aka "hardmode")

- New quests

- New gear (necramech) and companions

- You missed Orphix Venom event, was similar to scarlet spear, the difference is it was added to railjack

- A few mechanics rework (for example, glaives melee are now awesome)

Tons of changes to Railjack, you need to farm a new resource (wich is very frequent resource) and a new part for it acalled Hull or Plating

That's what I remember for now

revamp of corpus ship (terrible architecture, bland art, I guess the graphical texture materials are okay?), but up until railjack was ruined you could mostly avoid it.

Cambion Drift on Deimos (and moving of Orokin Derelict to Deimos), which my first impressions it felt kind of rough at first but it grows on you, actually pretty fun once you get yourself established there.

railjack was just straight up ruined.  There's more stuff to farm there, but there's no point in going back for affinity or fun like you used to do.  Made almost entirely corpus focused, 'nuff said.

Overall a very mixed bag of a year.  There's plenty to catch up on, and most of it is actually worthwhile, despite some very serious missteps.

Archived