Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Mesa now hunt eidolons?

(PSN)Fran-AnGeLSniper

Question

A long time ago I have been wondering if Mesa is now able to hunt eidolons with the helminth system, the doubt I have is what helminth skill I occupy in it and what build I can occupy with it, I know there will be people that will say that it is an absurd idea, but I know it is possible.

Is there anyone here that can answer my question pls? 

19 answers to this question

Any frame can hunt Eidolons. Some are just better equipped to do so. Mesa isn't particularly equipped for it, but she can definitely do it. All you need is deal damage so... yea any frame can do this.

What people look for when hunting Eidolons is damage amplification and healing the lures. Mesa cannot do that. Doesn't mean she cannot kill an Eidolon though :).

I tend to not care anymore when I go out on the plains and randomly decide to kill an eidolon or two. I just summon my Voidrig necramech to oneshot them.

hace 5 minutos, RazerXPrime dijo:

Any frame can hunt Eidolons. Some are just better equipped to do so. Mesa isn't particularly equipped for it, but she can definitely do it. All you need is deal damage so... yea any frame can do this.

What people look for when hunting Eidolons is damage amplification and healing the lures. Mesa cannot do that. Doesn't mean she cannot kill an Eidolon though :).

I tend to not care anymore when I go out on the plains and randomly decide to kill an eidolon or two. I just summon my Voidrig necramech to oneshot them.

I'm such an idiot I didn't think of that, besides you gave me an idea, I can go with my Mesa eclipse since now eclipse works at night, my Mesa's build is 298 strength, which if we add Growing Power it makes over 500% buff, man you are a genius ;) .

hace 2 minutos, taiiat dijo:

oh. interesting. just anywhere, or specific places? there's specific places like Spotlights and such that i do know count as light, but if you mean everywhere, hmmm.

anywhere on the map it is activated, except for rare areas like tunnels or meaningless areas like next to a random rock.  

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Fran-AnGeLSniper said:

I mean I know that eclipse has a night phase and a day phase, but what I mean is that the day version is activated at night when I go to hunt eidolons.

oh. interesting. just anywhere, or specific places? there's specific places like Spotlights and such that i do know count as light, but if you mean everywhere, hmmm.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Fran-AnGeLSniper said:

How long ago did you do it? Because I remember the last time I went to eidolon at night I took mirage with me and the ability was activated.

Eclipse has two sides, Light, and Dark. 

Light increases Damage, Dark gives you DR. 

You can hunt Eidolons with any frame now. Helminth subsume system is required. What you need is one of these 3 abilities.

• Shock with augment.
  • Smite with augment.
  • Roar, the augment is optional.

Eidolons are immune to every ability affecting or targetting it, that included Mesa’s 4. 

Eclipse damage bonus does not trigger at night unless they changed it last time I did it.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Fran-AnGeLSniper said:

I'm such an idiot I didn't think of that, besides you gave me an idea, I can go with my Mesa eclipse since now eclipse works at night, my Mesa's build is 298 strength, which if we add Growing Power it makes over 500% buff, man you are a genius ;) .

^_^ happy to help.

hace 2 minutos, Traumtulpe dijo:
hace 6 minutos, Traumtulpe dijo:

The answer is no. Get Volt from clan research, baseline Volt is better than Mesa with whatever Helminth ability you put on her.

If you want to do it with Mesa for some dumb reason, get Volt's or Oberon's ability plus the augment. But be warned that these augments are bugged and do not work on Mesa's 4, so that build would be entirely useless for anything else.

yeah I know it's an idiotic idea, but I just wanted to go with mesa since it's my favorite warframe, if not that's to say I've already hunted with all warframes made for eidolon hunting, anyway thanks for the tip to use oberon or volt skills :(

hace 3 minutos, Tesseract7777 dijo:

Just the general damage phase? Oh, sorry I misunderstood. 

I would refer to McCloud's reply above then.

oh, I understand :( , I just wanted to try to hunt with her for pure fun, and now that helminth exists I wanted to see the small possibility if I could do it with her.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Fran-AnGeLSniper said:

Is there anyone here that can answer my question pls?

The answer is no. Get Volt from clan research, baseline Volt is better than Mesa with whatever Helminth ability you put on her.

If you want to do it with Mesa for some dumb reason, get Volt's or Oberon's ability plus the augment. But be warned that these augments are bugged and do not work on Mesa's 4, so that build would be entirely useless for anything else.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Fran-AnGeLSniper said:

no bro, I wasn't referring to that part, I was referring to the damage phase, what build and helminth skill do you recommend?
I've been using voidrig for the phase lately, but I've been wanting to use mesa since she's been my main for a long time.

Just the general damage phase? Oh, sorry I misunderstood. 

I would refer to McCloud's reply above then.

hace 6 minutos, Tesseract7777 dijo:

Are you talking about the shield phase? 

You still have to use amps for that. 

Void damage from Xata's Whisper does not affect Eidolon shields, because they want you to use the operator, they carved out that exemption. 

Unless you are asking something else. 

no bro, I wasn't referring to that part, I was referring to the damage phase, what build and helminth skill do you recommend?
I've been using voidrig for the phase lately, but I've been wanting to use mesa since she's been my main for a long time.

Archived