Jump to content

Radiant and Brilliant Eidolon Shards


MeIzGud

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, i'm posting this in the general discussions because i have no idea whether it's a bug or something else i'm missing.

So i recently starting eidolon hunting and have since accumulated around 60 Hydrolyst captures.

 

My friend has been doing these since much before me and he always told me (and has shown me) that at the end of a tridolon (Terry+Garry+Harry) he extracts with 3 Radiant shards (3*40=120k focus) and 4 Brilliant shards (4*25=100k focus). I've also seen some videos or instances of players receiving this same ammount of shards.

 

Now, my issue is, in all my runs i've only ever gotten 2 Radiant shards (80k focus) and 3 Brilliant shards (75k focus) per tridolon. I've talked to multiple people  about this and none of them were able to answer me, some said they, like me, only get 2-3, others said they always get 3-4 and some even said they have experienced both randomly.

 

Let me add that i've tried being host, not being host, placing shard 1st, placing it last, etc. etc.. Nothing works. I've lost millions of focus so far because of this.

 

Is this a known bug? What causes it? Is there a way for me to force getting 3 rad + 4 brilliant?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Difference between kills and captures I would say.

As i said at the beginning of the post, i'm talking about captures not kills.

 

Or are you implying there must be X difference in kills/captures in the stats page of the player's profile?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MeIzGud said:

My friend has been doing these since much before me and he always told me (and has shown me) that at the end of a tridolon (Terry+Garry+Harry) he extracts with 3 Radiant shards (3*40=120k focus) and 4 Brilliant shards (4*25=100k focus). I've also seen some videos or instances of players receiving this same ammount of shards.

 

Now, my issue is, in all my runs i've only ever gotten 2 Radiant shards (80k focus) and 3 Brilliant shards (75k focus) per tridolon. I've talked to multiple people  about this and none of them were able to answer me, some said they, like me, only get 2-3, others said they always get 3-4 and some even said they have experienced both randomly.

Are you running a Smeeta?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Are you running a Smeeta?

 

I don't but i don't think my friend does either, also he constantly gets 3-4 which i think would be very unlikely for a Smeeta to be causing.

 

Edit: apparently resource boosters or Smeeta kavat don't affect shard drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Capture terry: 1 brilliant

Capture garry: 1 brilliant, 1 radiant

Capture harry: 2 brilliant, 2 radiant

However, it costs 1 brilliant to summon garry, and 1 radiant to summon harry. 

So you should come out with 3 brilliant and 2 radiant. Sounds like your friend forgot about the cost to summon them.

I think that's how it works. I've got hundreds of each, so I honestly don't know, but I think that's close, hopefully. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without giving any details on how to exploit it - there is a long-standing bug where the game will reliably fail to remove the shard used to summon the next Eidolon under certain conditions that are very easy to trigger accidentally (even consistently in most or all of your runs without realising).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Without giving any details on how to exploit it - there is a long-standing bug where the game will reliably fail to remove the shard used to summon the next Eidolon under certain conditions that are very easy to trigger accidentally (even consistently in most or all of your runs without realising).

Shouldn't you report that bug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Shouldn't you report that bug

There needs to be at least one bug that works in the players favor during a hunt. 

7 hours ago, MeIzGud said:

As i said at the beginning of the post, i'm talking about captures not kills.

 

Or are you implying there must be X difference in kills/captures in the stats page of the player's profile?

I've noticed that sometimes caps just get counted as kills. I've had times where I checked kill/cap ratio after a night of hunting and I got +2-3 kills even though everyone was a cap. Kinda sucks when you don't get credit for half the caps that were done in a night cycle, I just gave up and stopped checking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)C11H22O11:

Shouldn't you report that bug

You think it's not fixed because they don't know about it? That's cute.

Well, if someone from DE reads this and they really don't know about this years-old bug in the Eidolon encounter - I'm willing to trade the details in exchange for them fixing the years-old bugs in Nightwave Act recovery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

You think it's not fixed because they don't know about it? That's cute.

Well, if someone from DE reads this and they really don't know about this years-old bug in the Eidolon encounter - I'm willing to trade the details in exchange for them fixing the years-old bugs in Nightwave Act recovery.

Tell them to stop breaking vom spawns every update too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MeIzGud said:

Hey everyone, i'm posting this in the general discussions because i have no idea whether it's a bug or something else i'm missing.

So i recently starting eidolon hunting and have since accumulated around 60 Hydrolyst captures.

 

My friend has been doing these since much before me and he always told me (and has shown me) that at the end of a tridolon (Terry+Garry+Harry) he extracts with 3 Radiant shards (3*40=120k focus) and 4 Brilliant shards (4*25=100k focus). I've also seen some videos or instances of players receiving this same ammount of shards.

 

Now, my issue is, in all my runs i've only ever gotten 2 Radiant shards (80k focus) and 3 Brilliant shards (75k focus) per tridolon. I've talked to multiple people  about this and none of them were able to answer me, some said they, like me, only get 2-3, others said they always get 3-4 and some even said they have experienced both randomly.

 

Let me add that i've tried being host, not being host, placing shard 1st, placing it last, etc. etc.. Nothing works. I've lost millions of focus so far because of this.

 

Is this a known bug? What causes it? Is there a way for me to force getting 3 rad + 4 brilliant?

I know it hurts to get less than others

But trust me sooner than u think u will swim in them and it will make no difference for you do u get 1 or 100 per run

Go there for arcanes not shards

For your own best interest dont give a F*** and keep playing you will have no F***s to give in no time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the answers guys!

 

I wanted to know whether i was getting "robbed" or not, but now i'm satisfied with knowing that i'm getting what i'm supposed to and the other case is the exception.

 

I'll just keep on grinding then :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...