Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days isnt fun

Nitr0band

Ive never really made a forum post before, but Dog Days has pushed me to make one. 

• It feels like the mode was made to make players suffer and not want to play anymore.
  • Mission 4 is the only mission thats even remotely good to farm which is fine, if the mission was balanced and fun.
  • Enemies are too strong, too tanky, and have aim-bot with tracking water rounds. 
  • Players die too fast, and dont do enough damage, the Pump It mechanic feels horrible to use and shouldn't exist. 
  • The gun should function similar to Ignis and have infinite ammo, just so we can have fun firing and shooting it.
  • Pearls feel inconsistent and really should be shared and based off of overall kills.
  • Event Rewards especially Ephemeras should NOT be time limited and vanish after the event, even if it makes them cost more during the event, this is good because it allows players to earn something and then also gives the Developers a reason to design and push themselves to make more and better cosmetics and rewards, which Warframe is lacking.

Please DE if an event is meant to be fun, make it fun, not insufferable to play.

Unbalanced in a way thats good for the players is NOT a bad thing 100% of the time.

meanwhile I enjoy it every year I love how it's silly and all warframes are equal and powers don't matter just how well you can use your super soaker.

Aim gliding helps a lot to avoid getting hit by the executioners.2

13 hours ago, NitrobandYT said:
  • Event Rewards especially Ephemeras should NOT be time limited and vanish after the event, even if it makes them cost more during the event, this is good because it allows players to earn something and then also gives the Developers a reason to design and push themselves to make more and better cosmetics and rewards, which Warframe is lacking.

The Spirit of Summer doesn't last forever, my friend!

13 hours ago, Drasiel said:

meanwhile I enjoy it every year I love how it's silly and all warframes are equal and powers don't matter

Might it be because at that point it isnt warframe/it arent even warframes that you're using but their caroserie dress up? Its a quake or unreal arena match without almost everything that makes a arena shooter fun.

16 hours ago, NitrobandYT said:
  • Enemies are too strong, too tanky, and have aim-bot with tracking water rounds. 
  • Players die too fast, and dont do enough damage, the Pump It mechanic feels horrible to use and shouldn't exist. 
  • The gun should function similar to Ignis and have infinite ammo, just so we can have fun firing and shooting it.

Well, in MY definition of fun enemies are hard to beat, i have to take care not to die using skillfull movement, and weapons have limits (ammo capacity, range, reload) so i also have a management aspect to take care of to keep my brain active...while easy enemies and overpowered weapons bore me in just a couple of runs. Question of perspectives

If you don't like it you can just skip playing the event since it has no usefull rewards, only cosmetics. No one has to suffer on this.

3 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Might it be because at that point it isnt warframe/it arent even warframes that you're using but their caroserie dress up? Its a quake or unreal arena match without almost everything that makes a arena shooter fun.

no I can't stand quake or unreal tournament. It's still warframe and using the water gun is fun because it has a unique arcing bullet and you have to maintain pump status to not lose range and power. Because of the limitations placed on the frame you have to actually use the parkour system to your advantage and do the thing the warframe community seems to hate the most right now: aim. In the same way cool ranch flavour is still Doritos, so too is dog days still warframe.

5 hours ago, Drasiel said:

no I can't stand quake or unreal tournament. It's still warframe and using the water gun is fun because it has a unique arcing bullet and you have to maintain pump status to not lose range and power. Because of the limitations placed on the frame you have to actually use the parkour system to your advantage and do the thing the warframe community seems to hate the most right now: aim. In the same way cool ranch flavour is still Doritos, so too is dog days still warframe.

Well you dont need to pump at all if you actually use parkour since you can slidekick-roll a entire fat row of the executioners and then you yakuza style double pop them in the head while they are on the ground. And sure you dont have to like the examples but dog days is still a bare bones arena shooter (without even different guns to use and by nature ofc no characters) which is why i very much disagree that its warframe anymore since you arent actually using warframes nor the rest of your arsenal.
Its the tomato sauce of a pizza without the bread, cheese, meat, spice and everything else that would make it a pizza.

It does have a place as a minigame but the 3rd time around it really did lose any leftover luster it had and especially as a event compared to ones with actual core gameplay.

Well this event the first time it came out it started off fun as hell, had a laugh ... then its became not so much fun, then boring as hell, and this time I'm not even interested in going there.. and that crazy tube ephemera .. but I'm sure the new players will enjoy it the first few times until it gets boring and .. well maybe putting in really warframe events might be a better course of action.. 

On 2021-06-09 at 2:30 PM, Andele3025 said:

Well you dont need to pump at all if you actually use parkour since you can slidekick-roll a entire fat row of the executioners and then you yakuza style double pop them in the head while they are on the ground. And sure you dont have to like the examples but dog days is still a bare bones arena shooter (without even different guns to use and by nature ofc no characters) which is why i very much disagree that its warframe anymore since you arent actually using warframes nor the rest of your arsenal.
Its the tomato sauce of a pizza without the bread, cheese, meat, spice and everything else that would make it a pizza.

It does have a place as a minigame but the 3rd time around it really did lose any leftover luster it had and especially as a event compared to ones with actual core gameplay.

I have more fun shooting the gun than dragon kicking people so I use the pump.

I mean in the analogy of pizza okay the event is the sauce, but warframe already has two restricted arena modes that exist in it so that gives us the crust and the unique to arena rewards probably counts as cheese, so we have a pizza albeit a bare bones one and the cheese is a weird kind that not everyone likes, like goat cheese instead of mozzarella. 

Minigame is a good term for it I agree with that, but the thing is I don't think that's a problem. Lots of long running mmo's have seasonal minigames that offer something to newer players while becoming less rewarding for long term players per repeating cycle. They also offers devs a tetch more breathing room between Major updates and tennocon. Would something like plaguestar have been more welcome? Absolutely but that has way more moving parts and something always goes horrendously wrong with it. Dog days helps fill the lull, and is ridiculously stable for a warframe event. All recurring events become stale eventually. People will be saying the same things about naberus in a couple years despite it's more core gameplay and more robust story. (RIP jackonaut).

On 2021-06-08 at 5:35 PM, NitrobandYT said:
  • It feels like the mode was made to make players suffer and not want to play anymore.

Personally i find the event fun until i have nothing else to farm Pearls for so when it comes out every year, if it doesnt have anything new that appeals to me or gives me reasons to do it, i just do the 4 missions for the other rewards then stop.

• Mission 4 is the only mission thats even remotely good to farm which is fine, if the mission was balanced and fun.

Of course, since its the one with the most mob spawns.

They are suppose to be Tanky, if you could one-shot them there would be no challenge. Also they dont Aimbot, they usually only manage to hit you at close range, rarely will one hit you at a distance unless you are standing still.

Players take just as much damage as enemies to be killed, if you stand in the middle of the enemy group you are likely to get killed fast. Also, Headshots usually do between 350~500 damage so aim for the head? And yeah, the only thing annoying is having to pump your watergun every few shots but you get used to it after a wile.

It wouldnt be a Squirt Gun if it was like the Ignis and no it shouldnt have infinite Ammo or you would have no reasons to seek cover or the refilling stations from time to time. If you learn where they are on the battlefield you can easily run over them before your ammo runs out wile taking on enemy groups.

• Pearls feel inconsistent and really should be shared and based off of overall kills.

No they shouldnt. When the event first occurred the reward was fixed and there was a lot of players leeching the mission, just standing still on some rock or far away floating structure wile the rest of the team did all the job.

You get 1 per kill and if i recall well a bonus 10 if your team wins.

The only Reward that vanishes after the event ends is the Floaty Ephemera, just like most season exclusive decorations like bunny years, santa hats and so on.
I see no problem with this since personally i dont picture my self wondering around with that thing around my Warframe's waist all year.

8 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

No they shouldnt. When the event first occurred the reward was fixed and there was a lot of players leeching the mission, just standing still on some rock or far away floating structure wile the rest of the team did all the job.

Yeah, but on the other side of that, you can be shooting enemies only to have your last hits stolen by allies starving you of currency like a bad rando in a MOBA.

And they also didn't fix the FPS-advantage bug that's been around since the first run. So players suffering at limited FPS settings try hard to land their kills with maybe 20% of the fire rate of Richie Rich and his untamed beast of a machine capable of running smooth at 500 FPS, who can easily mow down targets en masse and strafe by that last hit on the other guy's target as well.

It's supposed to be cooperative, but this is every bit as bad as AFK leeching.

Dog Days was fun in its First Outing Back when Auras used to work.... However since that required 4 Players Coordinating Together it's something you just never saw.

Also I heard Auras don't work anymore so yeah.... I can understand why some people just don't enjoy A version of Warframe where your Warframe doesn't matter anymore.... And the AI cheats just as they always have.

Archived