Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Nightwave auto-claiming the rewards

SargionMagara

Today i clicked Nightwave after a few days of not checking it actively at all, to see where im at and what kind of missions are around, and it turns out i ranked up several tiers and it automatically claimed the 3 Days Credit Booster. So that made me think that it would be cool if we can claim the rewards (or just the boosters, really) manually so we can put it to effect whenever we're sure we have the time or motivation to make the most out of the said booster.

Thoughts?

There isn't really a precedent for this. If it were so, it'd be the only booster that worked this way (acquire now, activate later later).

This change is also impossible to argue with players, as it'd be a change that gives nothing but benefit to players. Who would argue a complete gain?

19 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

There isn't really a precedent for this. If it were so, it'd be the only booster that worked this way (acquire now, activate later later).

This change is also impossible to argue with players, as it'd be a change that gives nothing but benefit to players. Who would argue a complete gain?

the same kinda people who don't want vacuum to be universal.

people have wanted boosters that activate only when logged in (and/or are puased when offline) for ages, and while it sounds great, it's far too convenient for DE to give us this. if a person's booster runs out, and they suddenly get the time to play, they're likely to just buy another booster and use up as much of it as they can; if you're someone who doesn't get to play much but insists on having at least 2x Affinity/resources, and always keep a booster on as a result, then either you buy PA packs each time or you spend a fortune on boosters, which DE wouldn't want to lose out on.

but yes, in an ideal world, someone with 2 hours warframe time a day could spread a 3 day booster over several weeks. 

we all have those moments when we do quick login because we can't play for too long that day, but alas the login reward is a booster.

we all know that the boosters system can be improved to be more player-friendly. but we all also know that it probably won't happen.

Would be nice but it doesn't sound like something we would ever get. Otherwise people would sit on boosters and activate them only after something new gets added.

It's "too" convenient and is the same sort of situation that lead to us getting new resources added with major updates.

37 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

So this topic is not actually about Nightwave at all... It's about how the Boosters work.... You should Open with that next time.... Maybe....

Not at all. At least, not for me. 
I made the suggestion for the Nightwave Booster exclusively. 

A quick and easy way would be to make it One Time Use Redeem Code. 

As it stands, knowing you're about to achieve the Booster leads to an unhealthy (For the game) desire to NOT engage with Nightwave until you know for sure you have the time to utilize the Booster. 
As it's something given out only once per Nightwave, which itself is the most player friendly Battlepass system I've encountered, surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for this one guarenteed booster to be "stored" until we can properly utilize it?

Daily Login is a random surprise bonus, No one is going to plan playtime around it. Same for the Sortie Reward Boosters. 
But the Nightwave one CAN be planned for. And that planning involves never engaging with the system until you're ready to utilize it. So the request is for that Booster alone be a coupon to be redeemed at our leisure while allowing us to continue playing the game in the meantime. "

Not a difficult request i should think. 

2 hours ago, Reitrix said:

Daily Login is a random surprise bonus, No one is going to plan playtime around it. Same for the Sortie Reward Boosters. 
But the Nightwave one CAN be planned for. And that planning involves never engaging with the system until you're ready to utilize it. So the request is for that Booster alone be a coupon to be redeemed at our leisure while allowing us to continue playing the game in the meantime. "

Thank you, this is what i thought but nevertheless i could never be able to put it into words any better.

Yeah pretty neat idea - also it would be nice to have option to skip nw challenges which player cannot do bcs he/she does not have enough standing for Hydrolyst or profit taker as it is impossible do to it. And thx to recent hot-fix now it is impossible to be invited outside for carry profit-taker fight.

20 hours ago, Reitrix said:

Not at all. At least, not for me. 
I made the suggestion for the Nightwave Booster exclusively. 

A quick and easy way would be to make it One Time Use Redeem Code. 

As it stands, knowing you're about to achieve the Booster leads to an unhealthy (For the game) desire to NOT engage with Nightwave until you know for sure you have the time to utilize the Booster. 
As it's something given out only once per Nightwave, which itself is the most player friendly Battlepass system I've encountered, surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for this one guarenteed booster to be "stored" until we can properly utilize it?

LoL... You're just proving my point... You are focused more on the booster than Nightwave itself.... 

It would be a whole lot easier to just commit to the booster idea all the way....

By that logic since you can plan around the Nightwave one then that's all that actually weakens your argument since you can simply not sign into the game as soon as you get any Nightwave Standing that would unlock that specific Reward.... Ergo.... The Nightwave Booster is the only one you actually do have control over.... Hence its the one that needs Manual Activation the least....

See ? It's pointless... Just complain about Boosters in General like the rest of us do.... It's more economical 😝 !!!

Not a difficult request i should think. 

Yeah about DE has a giant stack of not so difficult things to impliment that they just won't ever get around to because.... Uhm... "reasons".... I guess ?  🤔

Archived