Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liberate the Camp

Butterfly85

Specifically on Plains of Eidolon. This bounty mission is a complete crap shoot, especially if you play solo. 

The area is huge, enemies either don't spawn or spawn outside the control area, so it's better than even odds the countdown flies down and you fail before seeing anyone.

The thing that's the most galling about this is the same mission on Deimos asks you to patrol a far more manageable area.

I know this mission has been scuffed for years now but is ther any chance of looking at this? This one mission really puts me off doing cetus bounties as when it comes up there days I rent to just quit to Orbiter.

Many posts have been made complaining about it, i have made one my self pointing out some annoying bugs that occur often.

For some reason some times enemies spawn mid-air and then get teleported to some random area outside the mission zone, making them either very hard to reach or impossible.

This objective can happen in several different areas of Plains of Eidolon.   And they are very much NOT equal!!.    Some of the spots have LEGIT spawn issues.   Others work just fine.   

One broken spot is the base way to the left of the gate  Its by the ocean and also has a cave system nearby.   The spawns there are so slow and spread out,  You dont know if they are on a mountain, underground in the cave or just not spawning all together.   

-----------------

In terms of doing that objective I like to go slow and steady.  I lock my eyes on the control % and only kill single targets to keep it at 100%.(usually what my pet kills lol).  I just stand around waiting.   This has the added benefit of making guys who spawn far away have the chance to come to me.   This eats up the clock and barring a bad location with bad spawn results in easy wins.    No nuking!!  Nuking is what gets you in trouble.   

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

They have GOT TO make the area smaller. Like OP mentioned Deimos' area is easy to manage. Did they not notice it when they made Deimos?  It's too difficult to secure the bonus when playing solo. Besides Plains of Eidolon is the 1st open world we get access to and it lies on the very 1st planet, Earth. Meaning, new players will be playing it often and this could be even more difficult for them. Crazy how long this issue has been present.

On 2021-06-17 at 1:31 AM, garbenzine said:

My quick and dirty workaround has become to jump around everywhere on Ember like a flea on crack, spamming 4 like my life depends on it.

I know this feeling lol.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Frendh said:

My biggest issue is that in some places the percentage go down real fast but I have serious problems finding enemies to kill.

Oh, this so much - the percentage drops like a rock but where the hell are the enemies causing the percentage drop? Even with high enemy radar they don't seem to be anywhere.

...Wouldn't surprise me if enemies were spawning below the map geometry or something, considering the number of other things where the bounding boxes are broken, like crates/chests spawning inside of rocks, and all the places you can bug through the ground into the abyss by falling off an archwing/kdrive.

• 1 month later...

Simply remove these from rotation until you have time to deal with the problem. Alternatively, if it's not going to be fixed then that's how it is - remove them, period.
Just stop making us waste our time on this.  
(Today's sortie free roam 'failed' twice in a row due to bugged spawns.)

Oddly, I've been doing alright with "Liberate the Camp" lately, but only because I'm over-equipped and using a Necramech. The one that's giving me headaches is the "lure the assassination target" bonus, where you have to lure him out in less than 60 seconds - sure I only have to kill 15 enemies in an entire minute... but I can't do that if 15 enemies don't spawn before the minute is up ☹️

Ultimately the problem with Plains bounties is that the zones where enemies can possibly spawn in are huge, and the spawn rates are sketchy and erratic.

Archived