Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you DE for removing Loyalty and DNA decay from pets.

DrivaMain

Just now, (NSW)notyetawizard said:

As a new player, I think this is my favourite part of the update.

The Lotus quested me to go get a pup, but failed to educate me on it's needs and the UI says she's malnourished and I've been feeling guilty because I haven't been able to afford to take care of her properly 😭

I feel you... 

I remember when I was a new player. The game told me to get a puppy, and they were quite useful for someone at my level, but man, I remember them being quite a drain on resources for a player who hasn't built a stockpile yet. 

I am possibly wrong, but don't care enough to look it up:  I *think* that if you got the upgrade piece, it stopped the automatic health and loyalty decay that used to happen every few hours, and prevents them from actually *dying* when the value for those hit zero.  But without the upgrade, they'll still lose "DNA Integrity" if they get downed in a mission where they aren't revived.  (IE, any time they fully "die.")

It sounds like the upcoming patch is removing the mechanic entirely, rather than just disabling/negating it under "certain circumstances."

Now, if only they'd do something about the woeful pathfinding and terrible terrain collision, so that pets don't get perma-stuck in Infested/Crashed Corpus Ships, or try to run through an open doorway without moving until a passing Toxic Ancient decides to slurp their brain out through their ears.  (Asking for anything like universal vacuum or for pets to actually damage high level enemies and NOT die instantly if they get shot is clearly crazy talk and will never happen.)

13 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It was already removed.

DNA Decay? Yes if you have the segment, but loyalty still exist on Kubrows. Loyalty removal allows Kubrows to be in the same class as Kavats. No more annoying -30% damage degradation on death that you can only replenish those 30% back in one day.

See, people not knowing Loyalty exist on Kubrows just tells you how terrible and extremely unpopular Kubrows are in general. Everyone just use Smeeta or Vulps and never try anything else.

15 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It was already removed.

DNA Decay is removed specifically if you have the incubator upgrade. And Kavats don't have Loyalty. But Kubrow's have had the Loyalty stat this entire time.

Well there you go.  I guess I must have the segment lol. 

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I used a kubrow and rarely ever use a kavat.  My smeeta procs so rarely anything remotely useful and pets in general are just too damn dumb.  I like the panzer occasionally cos at least it's immortal and gives useful viral procs, it's just as dumb as the rest though. 

Archived