Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Riven Transmuters to the Steel Path shop?

Perfectly_Framed_Waifu

Riven Transmuters are one of those items that are only accessible from one place, Eidolon Hydrolyst capture, giving no alternatives if you want to obtain one. In contrast, there are now a good number of ways to obtain Rivens, from Sorties to Slivers to Nihil refights. The Kuva used to roll Rivens is also obtainable from a good number of sources nowadays. Even Arcanes, one of the reward most commonly associated with the Eidolon, have gotten alternative farming ways in recent years, through events and Orphix missions.

Personally, I believe it's good that items like these have multiple farming ways to accommodate for those who do not like a particular one, and I feel that a relatively minor item like the Riven Transmuter should get the same treatment. With Teshin now offering a growing number of late game tools and rewards at the cost of Steel Essence, including the upcoming Riven Cipher, it would be fitting if he also sold Riven Transmuters. The exact price, I leave up for discussion.

I'd take almost any additional spot for riven transmuters at this point. I don't want to pub Tridolon, and my usual crew isn't exactly interested in doing Eidolon fights now that they have their Amps (where I plan on having multiple Amps and lots of other bits from the shops)

I was originally thinking as a login thing, but this works just as well, if not better. And I don't even run SP (yet, the Umbra Forma will probably be what does it).

41 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

And I don't even run SP (yet, the Umbra Forma will probably be what does it).

Yeah, after grinding out the armor and ephemeras, it's mostly just the Umbral that keeps me coming back to SP, reward-wise. As someone who's pretty set on arcanes, being able to grind SP instead of Tridolons would definitely triple my playtime for the former.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

have Teshin sell something upgraded, call it the Umbra Riven Transmuter

make it be a weekly special costing 75 SE, consume 5 rivens on use, but has the special effect of letting you specify what the resulting Type will be (instead of being based on what rivens went in)

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I like that proposal. I'd happily sacrifice four Zaw rivens to change a Pistol riven.

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I like that proposal. I'd happily sacrifice four Zaw rivens to change a Pistol riven.

indeed, this was my intention

ATM both Zaws and Kitgun trash rivens are Unsellable, because no one want to transmute into more irrellevant kitgun/zaws. be nice to be able to do something with them.

hurts so bad when you get your weekly fix from Palladino and she gives you a Veiled Zaw Riven for the 3rd week in a row...

Archived