Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ricochet

a mod

for rifles like the soma, braton, etc, perhaps similar secondary's too

shots ricochet off of targets and hit 1-2 nearby enemies, essentially a mod the recreates the beam effect of nukor, cycron, atomos, etc. in a logical manor for weapons that despseratly need a multi target function, those being the classic bog standard rifle type weapons.

another request or option would be to alter the blast status effect to create better AoE explosion's at a moderate range, perhaps similar to something like the acceltra's base radius.

i honestly enjoy weapons like the braton, ambassador, etc. they are just too impractical, and i think DE knows this and just keeps strapping AoE modes onto these weapons (like the ambassador, stahlta, trumna, etc.) when i would prefer to use the original assault rifle function, its just needs some functionality added to it. 

Instead of ricochet that hits random direction which players have no control of, I think all single target rifle should have innate body pentation so players don't have to waste mod slot on puncture.

That would help single target rifle against group of enemies especially in tight hall way.

chances are that a mod like that would be one or all of these things:

- not as effective as you'd think

- overpowered, if only on certain weapons

- hard to farm/locked behind a syndicate rank 5.

- would cost at least 12 points on your build, meaning having to Forma again.

- would be seen as another "mandatory mod".

3 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

I think all single target rifle should have innate body pentation so players don't have to waste mods on puncture. That would help out against group of enemies especially in tight hall way.

that's not bad, but they would have to also apply some damage falloff to penetration and make faster weapons have less innate punchthrough, otherwise only high RoF hitscan guns would be worthwhile. a Soma Prime with infinite Punchthrough with no falloff would be almost as problematic as an AoE weapon, while still requiring some degree of accuracy. instead it should be the slower, high-powered weapons that can penetrate targets more effectively. 

24 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

that's not bad, but they would have to also apply some damage falloff to penetration and make faster weapons have less innate punchthrough, otherwise only high RoF hitscan guns would be worthwhile. a Soma Prime with infinite Punchthrough with no falloff would be almost as problematic as an AoE weapon, while still requiring some degree of accuracy. instead it should be the slower, high-powered weapons that can penetrate targets more effectively. 

Yes, I agree that the fall-off need to be adjust each weapon individually, but I don't think high RoF weapon should always have least punch-through. High RoF weapon tend to be weaker on damage to balance out. So in the end its really depend on weapons' DPS(damage, fire rate etc all things considered).

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I think a mod like this would have to be a Corrupted Mod with some pretty big downsides to make up for turning a single-target weapon into a no-knockback AoE.

thats what mod slots are for, if a mod does this, you have to use it in place of another damage mod.

and even so, why would you have to add massive downsides? so what, people dont use it and keep using whatever the Fotm AoE weapon is? rather then having the ability to use a braton prime and not take minutes to clear a room that everyone else just lept through.

More dual stat mods with punch-through would be better than just turning single target weapons into beam weapons.

It creates a different niche and usage case than just letting everything be a generic aoe weapon.

Forget a mod. The last thing we need is for DE to shove more mods at the issue.

Guns are behind melee in the current system because DE kept adding functions to melee, like Follow Through and Stances.

Ricochet is something I've been repeatedly saying since DE even mentioned 'buffing' guns to make them comparable to Melee. It needs to be a base stat on guns in general, the same way that Follow Through is a stat for melee weapons that lets them automatically hit everything in their line of effect (at lesser damage values).

This is something separate from Punch Through, which is a mod-able stat on guns, and is directly linked to the basic quality of life problem with guns of 'if an enemy dies, but their body is in the way, my shots will not hit the enemy behind them without Punch Through'... And even Punch Through is not a base stat on guns, it's actually only given to about 15% of them at base and needs to be modded on if you want it.

Ricochet would be a base stat that would make guns closer to being on par with the current melee system even without adding any new mods or arcanes.

23 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

If theres a single mod I want its a mod that allows semi-automatic weapons to fire full auto. I cant use my dual toxicist as they are anyway :( also my fingers start to hurt after hour long runs with gauss and a plasmor/tombfinger

I have to use a macro for this because I have muscle issues, I've always wanted this mod as an exilus.

Archived