Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is TOO LONG and ANNOYING! >:(

Eclipse2024Qc

Il y a 12 heures, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

that’s nothing. The last Nightwave lasted for 9 months.

Also, I don’t know why you’re making such a big deal about this. If you’ve completed Nightwaves main rewards then just ignore it until the next one comes around.

Sometime, I need for the nitains and some items. Now I'm almost only Nitains that I need.

New nightwaves do give you something to do for like 1 month in reaching the new 30 rank and such but like the "battlepass" part isnt the only part and it definitely serves a purpose far beyond just the seasonal rewards. Shop still rotates with the few nick nacks in it and credits becme easy enough to passively earn for the occaisional orokin reactor or catalyst (which is still insane in my head after they were so scarce for so long before nw lol).

I understand the frustration of waiting so long but at the end of the day all you'd get is an umbral forma that are now available from steel path, some new cosmetics when sisters just brought 6 ephemeras and every syndicate, fortuna, and cetus just got a new armour set, and maybe some small weapon specific mods when we just got galvenized mods which are far more impactful.

Nightwave is a melting pot of all the scrapped ideas the devs would like to implement but cant due to differnt faction/topic focuses of current projects and gives the devs room to play with themes that arent in the lime light and maybe they have some cool designs for in the back. At the moment though there hasnt been many ideas in the back though as so many of those same resources are busy making similar rewards in different places and in this updates case at a much larger scale. Not to mention, sister of parvos (corpus), deimos releasing last year (infested), new war coming (sentient), and the previous season (orokin). All factions have had a little limelight lately except grineer which have already had years of limelight with war within + liches + first rj to launch, and so maybe the spare idea pool has just been a bit dried out. Nightwave seasons are misleadingly not really the point of nightwave as a system, theyre just nice passion projects when some of the team have the time to dedicate themselves to it or so it seems from how they've been released anyway.

il y a 10 minutes, (PSN)Etheral_Synergy a dit :

New nightwaves do give you something to do for like 1 month in reaching the new 30 rank and such but like the "battlepass" part isnt the only part and it definitely serves a purpose far beyond just the seasonal rewards. Shop still rotates with the few nick nacks in it and credits becme easy enough to passively earn for the occaisional orokin reactor or catalyst (which is still insane in my head after they were so scarce for so long before nw lol).

I understand the frustration of waiting so long but at the end of the day all you'd get is an umbral forma that are now available from steel path, some new cosmetics when sisters just brought 6 ephemeras and every syndicate, fortuna, and cetus just got a new armour set, and maybe some small weapon specific mods when we just got galvenized mods which are far more impactful.

Nightwave is a melting pot of all the scrapped ideas the devs would like to implement but cant due to differnt faction/topic focuses of current projects and gives the devs room to play with themes that arent in the lime light and maybe they have some cool designs for in the back. At the moment though there hasnt been many ideas in the back though as so many of those same resources are busy making similar rewards in different places and in this updates case at a much larger scale. Not to mention, sister of parvos (corpus), deimos releasing last year (infested), new war coming (sentient), and the previous season (orokin). All factions have had a little limelight lately except grineer which have already had years of limelight with war within + liches + first rj to launch, and so maybe the spare idea pool has just been a bit dried out. Nightwave seasons are misleadingly not really the point of nightwave as a system, theyre just nice passion projects when some of the team have the time to dedicate themselves to it or so it seems from how they've been released anyway.

umbral forma that are now available from steel path !!!!! :O I was surprised to learning this good new!

Just now, Roswell5151Qc said:

umbral forma that are now available from steel path !!!!! :O I was surprised to learning this good new!

Yep! they pop up in teshins offerings every now and again. Think the kind of "expected" rotation is roughly every 7 or so weeks. unfortunately the most recent was i think last week so you just missed it but itll be back soon enough. They cost 150 steel essence but thats no problem at all now they've upped the steel path alerts to reward 5. If you just run them when theyre longer mission types you'll get the 5 as a reward and 2 from an acolyte. It's still alot of missions but they refresh daily with 5 new ones and theres plenty of time between umbrals to collect.

à l’instant, (PSN)Etheral_Synergy a dit :

oui! ils apparaissent dans les offres teshins de temps en temps. Pensez que le type de rotation « attendue » est à peu près toutes les 7 semaines environ. malheureusement, le plus récent était je pense la semaine dernière, donc vous venez de le manquer, mais il sera de retour assez tôt. Ils coûtent 150 essence d’acier, mais ce n’est pas un problème du tout maintenant qu’ils ont augmenté les alertes de chemin d’acier pour récompenser 5. Si vous les exécutez simplement quand ils sont plus longs types de mission, vous obtiendrez le 5 comme une récompense et 2 d’un acolyte. C’est encore beaucoup de missions mais elles se rafraîchissent tous les jours avec 5 nouvelles et il y a beaucoup de temps entre les ombrals à collecter.

oh man! Next time I will use the steel path mode so often. thanks for the new Etheral_Synergy.

For Nightwave, DE just needs to have Intermissions at least repeat every ~4 months. We've already had multiple instances where more than one season could have been completed during the duration of just one.

Nightwave was meant to be a more consistent revision of alerts, but that doesn't work when a season lasts too long. At least they admitted their mistake of trying to tie story to it.

On 2021-07-15 at 10:13 PM, ZokuGojira said:

bottlenecked, here.

And that's why they changed it. Now all they have to do is introduce some new annoying resource they can throttle and they can hold up player progress even more. Alerts were so much better.

On 2021-07-15 at 10:13 PM, ZokuGojira said:

bottlenecked, here.

And that's why they changed it. Now all they have to do is introduce some new annoying resource they can throttle and they can hold up player progress even more. Alerts were so much better.

I liked the story aspect of the first 2 with the cutscenes. Not so much the random spawns. The third had potential with examining a crime scenes but was annoying with the slow speed and difficult to find objects. And then jumping puzzles I just couldn't do.

Archived