Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

Refund duplicate color palette purchases, deluxe/warframe/weapon bundles, tennogen, Forma bundles that were used in the construction of clan Dojos, Forma that was used to polarize weapons/warframes/archwings etc. that had already been polarized on other platforms, etc.

I hope I'm refunded platinum not only for store purchases, but trades as well.

If I had a prime on another platform, then I had to trade for that same prime's parts and blueprint on another, that should be refunded too. Then there's the matter of trading for ayatan statues for endo for mods you've already ranked up on another platform. Or trading for mods you already had on another platform.

Or, for me at least, wipe all save progress (but keep nodes unlocked) and just regrant all purchases from each platform.

On 2021-07-17 at 10:41 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Since we're getting cross-play and cross-save how will we manage multiple accounts?

I started on Xbox, made a fair bit of progress, spent some money, etc before switching to PC. My Xbox gamertag is already associated with a Warframe account, I have two separate forum accounts one of PC and one for Xbox as well. What do you suppose will happen when cross-save goes live? Will we have to choose what account we want to use, will there be some kind of account merging feature implemented?

I am in the same situation, I have original items and play time on my PC account from year 1 of the game but my xbox account ended up with much more progress. Would I have to choose to keep one over another?

Welp, since this topic is here.

I wonder how cross-platform/save will affect the platinum economy, since PC and console players have different value in items + monetization options to a degree (like tennogen, console only has to pay plat, but PC players pay money, PC players benefit from plat discount while console users can't. ect.)

Edited by (XBOX)calvina

1 minute ago, (XBOX)calvina said:

Welp, since this topic is here.

I wonder how cross-platform/save will affect the platinum economy, since PC and console players have different value in items + monetization options to a degree (like tennogen, console only has to pay plat, but PC players pay money, PC players benefit from plat discount while console users can't. ect.)

There are multiple outcomes for that depending on whether or not you can use platinum cross-platform or if you are required to use the platinum in the original platform it was obtained from. 

4 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

didn't they say early this year? 

Nope, only 2022: https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/digital-extremes-introduces-prime-resurgence-to-warframe

Digital Extremes will bring Cross Save and Cross Play features and Warframe for Mobile to players in 2022

AFAIK, that's the last official response regarding this topic, but maybe I'm wrong.

On 2022-01-14 at 7:03 AM, Jarriaga said:

There are multiple outcomes for that depending on whether or not you can use platinum cross-platform or if you are required to use the platinum in the original platform it was obtained from. 

Nope. I can see them making platinum stay on the platform you purchased it on because otherwise people will extremely large amounts of platinum could move them between platforms and cause problems or you can have platinum on the platform but you can't use it for player to player purchases or something along those lines.

if anyone have played ludo king on mobiles then you know how constant the random quitting mid game is, someone playing the game on his way to work doing a mission then closing his phone when he reach his destination just for the rest of the party to get host migrations and possibly losing progress, and before anyone say waframe mobile players cant host then ill tell you this, there is no system in place right now that prevent anyone from starting a mission public so they can be the host regardless of what platform or pc or connection they use, heck i don't even think that host can switch mid game from a mobile user to someone else manually or automatically, so how DE is going to tackle this? are we finally getting a real servers for once like bungie does? or are we looking for another squad link disaster with this supposed upcoming crossplay?

6 minutes ago, BurningCarnalDesire said:

there is no system in place right now that prevent anyone from starting a mission public so they can be the host regardless of what platform or pc or connection they use,

Your concerns are valid and you are correct, there is currently no system in place. It would be reasonable to assume DE (guided by Tencent) would put safeguards in place. The fact is DE will need to rent/purchase permanent server space to make cross play and cross save a reality.

It's too bad no one liked Squad Link, I really liked it. But it needed to be available in any and every mission so that we can support whomever needs help at any time, maybe connected to players on our in-game friends list.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

Your concerns are valid and you are correct, there is currently no system in place. It would be reasonable to assume DE (guided by Tencent) would put safeguards in place. The fact is DE will need to rent/purchase permanent server space to make cross play and cross save a reality.

It's too bad no one liked Squad Link, I really liked it. But it needed to be available in any and every mission so that we can support whomever needs help at any time, maybe connected to players on our in-game friends list.

i wont hold my breath on it, if even years of successes and support from the die hard fans didn't faze them or even warrant some quality services that get rid of host migration and add a postmaster just like destiny 2 then its not going to happen with cross play regardless, DE wants to make nothing but profit without spending a dime on making your players happy side of it.

What if DE made a hybrid "merge" and "overwrite" system to implement cross save? What I mean from hybrid system is that you choose a master account for progression, and items from linked accounts are merged together. For example, I started playing on ps4, and when I heard about crossplay/ cross save, I created an Xbox account to be able to acquire items for my ps4 account that I couldn't afford or otherwise acquire. I figured I would trade items between the two accounts, but linked them to the same email address in case they would be merged together. My ps4 account MR5, compared to my Xbox account being fairly brand new. So for cross save, I would like to have the items I acquired on my Xbox account added to my ps4 account while ps4 account progression overrides xbox.

1 hour ago, BurningCarnalDesire said:

i wont hold my breath on it, if even years of successes and support from the die hard fans didn't faze them or even warrant some quality services that get rid of host migration and add a postmaster just like destiny 2 then its not going to happen with cross play regardless, DE wants to make nothing but profit without spending a dime on making your players happy side of it.

Technically speaking, DE is a corporate business. All corporate businesses are federally legally bound to shareholders. Meaning they have to earn profit, and listening to one or two players complain won't help them if fixing the problem causing the complaints isn't profitable. Now if it makes a lot of revenue to keep players happy, DE is legally required to do so on the behalf of investing shareholders. So you might be right, but we don't yet know how it will work until the system is implemented.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)Jaytrash1 said:

Technically speaking, DE is a corporate business. All corporate businesses are federally legally bound to shareholders. Meaning they have to earn profit, and listening to one or two players complain won't help them if fixing the problem causing the complaints isn't profitable. Now if it makes a lot of revenue to keep players happy, DE is legally required to do so on the behalf of investing shareholders. So you might be right, but we don't yet know how it will work until the system is implemented.

didn't Tencent take the whole leyou companies private? or can you invest still? 

but regardless you're actually right, its not profitable despite how happy they community would be about it, its a shame really.

8 minutes ago, BurningCarnalDesire said:

didn't Tencent take the whole leyou companies private? or can you invest still? 

but regardless you're actually right, its not profitable despite how happy they community would be about it, its a shame really.

I agree that it's a shame. I even made a suggestion about how DE could implement crossplay/cross save. On the investment issue, I guess we could Google if Tencent went private, and if people could still invest in DE, I would suggest making a PSA asking the community to invest in DE if they are capable to ensure a smoother implementation of crossplay, as well as further enable the community to make content suggestions. One new feature I personally would like to see, other than crossplay/cross save, would be a community marketplace adding all the concept warframes you'd find in the fan concepts subforum. But that would have to be its own discussion.

Edited by (PSN)Jaytrash1

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Jaytrash1 said:

I agree that it's a shame. I even made a suggestion about how DE could implement crossplay/cross save. On the investment issue, I guess we could Google if Tencent went private, and if people could still invest in DE, I would suggest making a PSA asking the community to invest in DE if they are capable to ensure a smoother implementation of crossplay, as well as further enable the community to make content suggestions. One new feature I personally would like to see, other than crossplay/cross save, would be a community marketplace adding all the concept warframes you'd find in the fan concepts subforum. But that would have to be its own discussion.

nah they made like 69$ million dollar in profit last year or so, they can 100% afford it with no issue , its just the fact that the community get used to it and are not on uproar about it, think of it just like the recent regal aya packs missing platinum, when the community asked them why they said it was impossible to add plat to it but after a wide backlash they added it just weeks later and acted dumb for the most part.

and with community market place i think you're referring to an auction house, two words for you my friend '' NOT HAPPENING''. why you would ask? will that will be a huge loss in profit for DE, a new player know the value of items without getting robbed in broad daylight on day one just by a quick look at the auction house and sellers undercutting each other on top of that? in your dreams.

On 2022-01-22 at 10:57 PM, BurningCarnalDesire said:

nah they made like 69$ million dollar in profit last year or so, they can 100% afford it with no issue , its just the fact that the community get used to it and are not on uproar about it, think of it just like the recent regal aya packs missing platinum, when the community asked them why they said it was impossible to add plat to it but after a wide backlash they added it just weeks later and acted dumb for the most part.

and with community market place i think you're referring to an auction house, two words for you my friend '' NOT HAPPENING''. why you would ask? will that will be a huge loss in profit for DE, a new player know the value of items without getting robbed in broad daylight on day one just by a quick look at the auction house and sellers undercutting each other on top of that? in your dreams.

DE could still add the concept warframes though. I made a concept that I posted approximately 3 weeks ago, and looking at all the others, I suppose they could be added two frames at a time? Who knows? If we're talking auction house, I'm guessing you didn't see the part about warframes that aren't even in the game being added because of the auction house. Besides, isn't the trade chat basically an auction house already? I'm talking community made warframes with new abilities, ideas, and weapons that aren't in the base game AT ALL. Just look in the fan concepts subforum on here and look at the original warframe ideas people made and make a marketplace for those. It could be implemented as an auction house, but it should add new content. A good example of what I mean, is to look at my own concept warframe Vodkasa, add it to the game along with who knows how many people's other designs.

Or DE could sell the concept warframes found in said official community fan concepts subforum in special dlc packs for either cash or plat. It's their decision though, and they might read this. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but it might work.

On 2022-01-22 at 11:41 PM, (PSN)Jaytrash1 said:

DE could still add the concept warframes though. I made a concept that I posted approximately 3 weeks ago, and looking at all the others, I suppose they could be added two frames at a time? Who knows? If we're talking auction house, I'm guessing you didn't see the part about warframes that aren't even in the game being added because of the auction house. Besides, isn't the trade chat basically an auction house already? I'm talking community made warframes with new abilities, ideas, and weapons that aren't in the base game AT ALL. Just look in the fan concepts subforum on here and look at the original warframe ideas people made and make a marketplace for those. It could be implemented as an auction house, but it should add new content. A good example of what I mean, is to look at my own concept warframe Vodkasa, add it to the game along with who knows how many people's other designs.

trade chat is auction house? my god have you played any mmo that have it at all? i doubt you did if you think trade chat is one.

i am talking about an auction house on the level of Black Desert Online aka BDO for example, the auction house there is fully automated, even the prices are set by the devs, no scamming and no low balling or overpricing or anything of the sort, DE said they wont add one like that, fine then why not integrate Waframe.market module and make it part of the game or make something close to it or better? do you wanna know why? because its much easy for any average joe new player to know that Essential mods bundle is a big scam when they can check an auction house for the same items and learn the true value of it and that you can get it just by playing anyways, 

and about community warframe auction house thing i think you're pushing it too far, if they cant even rework many old as dirt warframe and give them a proper synergized kit that is not a copy pasta from existing frames then you expect them to pump no ones like yours as if that even possible to those guys? just look at yerli man and khora before it, or poor hydroid and many more.

On 2022-01-22 at 11:44 PM, (PSN)Jaytrash1 said:

Or DE could sell the concept warframes found in said official community fan concepts subforum in special dlc packs for either cash or plat. It's their decision though, and they might read this. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but it might work.

haha my friend DE was given fully fleshed designs of a warframe with professional hand drawn pictures and detailed abilities that fit the theme of said frame and they tossed it aside and many concepts like it, its not much as the lack of frame concepts as its poor management and lack of motivation and the passion for their game, all they want to do now is just knead some half backed ideas when they have the time so they have a stream of frames for prime access ready.

• Like 1