Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Event: Contrived Garbage

Krenzik

Not to say the defense of the fissures as they seal isn't fun gameplay, but you have to go through too much contrived garbage to even start it. Events are supposed to draw new players in and retain who's there. We have to wander to the temple and get our nuts blown off to hope to find something with a canister. we are never told what rachnoids look like or where they even are. Not a great way to start and event. Also, on top of that, if someone in your group DC's you are automatically kicked to your ship and you lose any and all progress. Garbage event.

1 hour ago, Krenzik said:

Not to say the defense of the fissures as they seal isn't fun gameplay, but you have to go through too much contrived garbage to even start it. Events are supposed to draw new players in and retain who's there. We have to wander to the temple and get our nuts blown off to hope to find something with a canister. we are never told what rachnoids look like or where they even are. Not a great way to start and event. Also, on top of that, if someone in your group DC's you are automatically kicked to your ship and you lose any and all progress. Garbage event.

1st of all SOLO
2nd MESA
3rd you farm from it crap you need/want and u never need to go there back again
End of the problem

But as i see it
It would be more fun if instead of defending container it make enemies come out of fracture which are infused with termia
You kill enemies you get termia faster you kill more you get
PROFIT

Raknoids and knowing what to do
Well what youtube and google dont work for you or what?
But even so considering what i wrote above i also wrote that exact same words once to a frustrated friend
And he reply me with "I PLAY WARFRAME NOT YOUTUBE"
And i need to say he had a point

We should not seek info on how to do something in 3rd party services
But on other hand well we do have warframe market and somehow we survive

35 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

More to the point, We shouldn't require 3rd party sites to learn basic information about game systems. One particular gripe i have is that Ability descriptions in game don't even tell you half of what they actually do sometimes. 
Oberon is a prime example. Hallowed Ground simply states "Deals radiation damage to enemies standing in it" but the actual effects for Oberon himself, including but not limited the immunity to knockdowns etc, aren't even suggested to be part of the effect. 

DE really needs to turn the Codex into a Wiki. Not just for Frames but for everything. Many things in the game have hidden mechanics and are only given a superficial explanation. 

40 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Raknoids and knowing what to do
Well what youtube and google dont work for you or what?
But even so considering what i wrote above i also wrote that exact same words once to a frustrated friend
And he reply me with "I PLAY WARFRAME NOT YOUTUBE"
And i need to say he had a point

I agree it would be nice if we didn't need to, but let's be real. These kinds of games utterly rely on 3rd party sites and services to function. The devs either don't care or aren't capable of putting the proper explanations for things in game. I would have told your friend to get used to it; it's not going to change any time soon.

18 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

More to the point, We shouldn't require 3rd party sites to learn basic information about game systems. One particular gripe i have is that Ability descriptions in game don't even tell you half of what they actually do sometimes. 
Oberon is a prime example. Hallowed Ground simply states "Deals radiation damage to enemies standing in it" but the actual effects for Oberon himself, including but not limited the immunity to knockdowns etc, aren't even suggested to be part of the effect. 

DE really needs to turn the Codex into a Wiki. Not just for Frames but for everything. Many things in the game have hidden mechanics and are only given a superficial explanation. 

^This 100%. People completely write off abilities because they don't know how they work, and they go through the entire game thinking a decent ability is worthless. Many people don't know about all of the hidden effects Silence has, or that Prism has an incredibly powerful damage scaling mechanic, or that Eclipse's damage reduction just doesn't reduce toxin damage, because these things are not written in game (although the Eclipse thing seems like a bug). Obviously it'd be hard to include everything a player needs to know, but these are important mechanics that make or break abilities, and they're not mentioned anywhere in the game.

to be fair, it doesn't explain things very well. it just tells you to "get a canister and get thermia". basically the process is this:

- Coolant Raknoids are the "babies" of the exploiter orb that roams in a circle near the Temple of Profit. Exploiter cannot be hurt or killed in this form and can easily kill you with her cannon, but she spawns endless baby coolant Raknoids: killing one gets you your empty canister(s). (you might also get a Wise Razor stance if you're SUPER lucky).

- take the empty canister to the the fracture: they are big cracks in the ground shooting orange stuff up into the air, you can't miss them if you fly near them in archwing.

- put the canister(s) on the Thermia fissure. the more canisters you put on, the more Thermia you get but the longer you have to defend. remember you can use your Heavy Archgun weapon or a Necramech if you have one and your regular weapons aren't cutting it.

1 hour ago, Reitrix said:

Oberon also gives Armor if renewal is active whilst on the Ground, as well as status immunity to anyone on it. but to your point, you're absolutely right, DE do a TERRIBLE job of explaining things in game and while it would be a lot of work to transfer all that wiki information to the game, it would be worth it in the long run, and the Wiki can still be used by people who aren't at their console/able to play etc. but want to quickly check something. 

1 hour ago, Reitrix said:

the actual effects for Oberon himself, including but not limited the immunity to knockdowns etc, aren't even suggested to be part of the effect. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Oberon also gives Armor if renewal is active whilst on the Ground, as well as status immunity to anyone on it.

To be fair these effects are mentioned in the Tips section, which is more than what some abilities get, but it's still insane that the defensive side of Hallowed Ground isn't part of the ability description.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be fair, it doesn't explain things very well. it just tells you to "get a canister and get thermia". basically the process is this:

- Coolant Raknoids are the "babies" of the exploiter orb that roams in a circle near the Temple of Profit. Exploiter cannot be hurt or killed in this form and can easily kill you with her cannon, but she spawns endless baby coolant Raknoids: killing one gets you your empty canister(s). (you might also get a Wise Razor stance if you're SUPER lucky).

- take the empty canister to the the fracture: they are big cracks in the ground shooting orange stuff up into the air, you can't miss them if you fly near them in archwing.

- put the canister(s) on the Thermia fissure. the more canisters you put on, the more Thermia you get but the longer you have to defend. remember you can use your Heavy Archgun weapon or a Necramech if you have one and your regular weapons aren't cutting it.

Oberon also gives Armor if renewal is active whilst on the Ground, as well as status immunity to anyone on it. but to your point, you're absolutely right, DE do a TERRIBLE job of explaining things in game and while it would be a lot of work to transfer all that wiki information to the game, it would be worth it in the long run, and the Wiki can still be used by people who aren't at their console/able to play etc. but want to quickly check something. 

Last Epoch actually does a very good job of this. It has an in-game help/info menu that answers most questions someone might have about mechanics. That game is still in beta, though, so it's still imperfect, but this is something they wanted to do so they wouldn't have to rely on players going to 3rd party resources.

Archived