Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion to change weapon randomization from Larvling or Candidate

LoseFace

I decided to write this topic because I have been spending more than a day to get Kuva Karak with the status effect of Heat.

Larvling or Candidate now spawns with a random weapon every time, with reps. Some players I know also spend too much time getting the weapons they need, more than one day. And here is my suggestion: make the Larvling or Candidate weapon random from the list of all available weapons, but each time an unnecessary weapon is found, it will be added to a certain list of those already found. After that, the next weapon will be randomly selected, which is NOT in the list of those already found.

For example: we found the first Kuva Hek, if we skip it, then it is added to the list of already found ones, and then when searching for Larvling it will not have a Kuva Hek until the remaining 18 weapons are found.

Further in a circle, adding each unnecessary weapon to the list of already found, until it is filled with each weapon from the 19 available Kuva weapons. At the end, when the list of already found is full, it will be released and will start filling from the beginning.

Such a system will definitely simplify finding the right weapon, even if you have to find another 36 weapons to get what you want.

I like that this would limit our searching attempts to at most the number of weapons (rather than unbounded like it currently is). My only concern is that I frequently down larvlings with AOE and dont want a lich at that time so I just pass it up. With this system if I didn't look at the weapon I would have no idea which one was taken off the list. Maybe the blacklist could be visible to the player for transparency? 

24 минуты назад, (XBOX)Lady Skarr сказал:

I like that this would limit our searching attempts to at most the number of weapons (rather than unbounded like it currently is). My only concern is that I frequently down larvlings with AOE and dont want a lich at that time so I just pass it up. With this system if I didn't look at the weapon I would have no idea which one was taken off the list. Maybe the blacklist could be visible to the player for transparency? 

Yes, that would be useful, but it is not necessary.

This going to be unpopular but:

Option already exists to get exactly the weapon and element you want in game, with or without an ephemera.

https://warframe.market/auctions

I can already here the "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" reaction, but that's exactly what plat is for, to skip the grind.  If you have no plat, you should learn how to make some.

Making 100p a day is completely realistic at MR 6 and it only goes up from there.  At LMR 1 I average 1000p profit on a bad day, while trading ethically and not dealing in rivens, and it's not exactly a huge mystery/secret on how to do it.  While it's more complicated than this, the root strategy is buy low, sell high.  That's it.  Not exactly rocket science.

If you can't be bothered to make plat or learn how to make plat, that's really on you.  The technology and strategy has been pioneered for ages and very little has changed in that time.  Go watch a dozen videos on how to make plat on youtube and you'll get the gist.  Additionally, as a newer player you can always run junk for junk dealers/buyers.

Alternately, if you just can't be asked to do it, you still have YET ANOTHER OPTION.  You can always open your wallet.

If you think we shouldn't have to depend on third party sites, well good news, you can also buy liches in trade chat.  As a matter of fact, that's how I did it with sisters and liches because in both cases the auctions tab wasn't set up on WF.market before I finished both grinds.

If you can't be asked to use a third party site, trade chat, open your wallet or make plat for free in game, then I'm sorry but you're the problem in that equation and no answer is going to be good enough except DE handing you exactly what you want on a silver platter, and I'll pass on that.

As it stands you have all the options available and it's still not good enough for you.  Sorry, but I'm not sorry and have no sympathy.

i was just about making this thread. its like 2 days now trying to get Grattler.
Its a pain keep getting the same weapon per run ,its killing my time with no reward seriously

Take the weapons cycle like,well i dont know lets call it alphabetically
First kuva Bramma for example and if i dont get it then the next alphabetical comes into the circle. Chakkur then dragoon and the cycle goes on.
It sounds GRINDDIER I KNOW but man i know what to do to get what i want. Ah also keep a script there so if i get dc or something it knows that i didnt get Bramma so my next would be Chakkur on the line
I dont know if messed up everyone's head with my English but man this has to stop...

Those crying out for these changes *** off or whatever. I dont wanna waste my money on these cause he/she/it whatever wants to get on my frustrating luck because they want money or whatever

2 часа назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

Option already exists to get exactly the weapon and element you want in game, with or without an ephemera.

https://warframe.market/auctions

Most often there is no suitable auction in the market, and even for beginners now purchases through the market, or the trade chat are not profitable both in time and in terms of resources. 
Your proposal does not solve the problem of hard randomness

1 hour ago, LoseFace said:

Most often there is no suitable auction in the market, and even for beginners now purchases through the market, or the trade chat are not profitable both in time and in terms of resources. 
Your proposal does not solve the problem of hard randomness

I'm not sure I can even remotely agree.

I do agree that the supply will go down as the content becomes more and more dead with time, however, the weapons themselves will also become less and less relevant over time as well.

I also will note that these are intended to be a late/end game chase item, that's the stated intent of the devs.  RNG is their tool to make sure that happens.  You have the option to bypass it several ways.   Complaining further than that to me, is akin to complaining steel path is too hard because you're undergeared (ie it's kinda your own fault).

Right now you can and will be able to get the reward you want if you put the plat up.  Additionally, in the future, if the plat is right, you still don't need to grind it, you could just pay a lackey midgamer to do it for you, guarantee someone out there needs 300p real bad to get you whatever weapon in whatever shape and will spend a whole day doing it because they don't know how to make better plat.

I think you're vastly underestimating the market.  People can and do get cut throat over a measly 10p regularly, they certainly will go out of their way for a decent sum of 300.

Additionally, people still sell liches from the first release with and without ephemeras on the site and in trade chat, so while I agree that the market becomes more scarce over time, it has not hit a breaking point where you can't buy you what you want.  

Simply put your position that there needs to be a change is simply indefensible in the current climate and forseeable future.

Additional I will mention that as content becomes less relevant, DE almost always nerfs requirements over time.  Not just with lich weapons (which are far easier to get than when I did them at launch) but also with everything else.  Look at ostron/fortuna/solaris/quill standing and how easy it is compared to the first year it was out... even Deimos is nerfed significantly in terms of requirements since you can just pay resources for tokens and you literally never have to grind out hundreds of tags... and further, tags generally drop in greater quantities as well...

Overall the grinds always get easier to make newer players have an easier time catching up.  Since there is not currently a problem with buying these weapons, nor even first generation lich weapons after a couple of years... I'm willing to bet this will get nerfed yet again come time where the content is phased out and is strictly a newer player area because the consistant player base as a whole has caught up.

Additionally before you go on about how this is currently a late game chase and not new player friendly, I'll remind you there was a time that the boltor was an advanced item.  There was a time when MR 5 was the newbie level, not MR 20.  Over time the game expands and older content is less relevant and newer content has more RNG and more gating... players that aren't geared for or are unwilling to do the grinds don't get the rewards.  That's the intention from a design perspective, ie, right now these are new, you are not owed a +60% kuva zarr or tenet envoy.

I think the grind is actually just about right honestly, after hearing all objections in this thread.

I do think there have been grinds in the past that were out of control, such as the tower white farm for dojo colors was the worst farm I can ever remember in the game.  That would be followed by K Drive standing, though I'd be surprised if it's not hella easier today than when it came out, but I don't really have the capacity to check since all my stuff is maxed and I don't care to dig through three years of patch notes if it was even mentioned since they make a lot of stealth changes hoping the players don't notice.

All in all, rest assured, when the content isn't relevant anymore, the grind will be nerfed, this is the way of things.  Right now you absolutely can just buy what you want.  If someone is unable they need to learn how, and if they are unwilling they need to either adjust their attitude or accept they aren't deserving of the reward.  

14 часов назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

Additionally before you go on about how this is currently a late game chase and not new player friendly, I'll remind you there was a time that the boltor was an advanced item.  There was a time when MR 5 was the newbie level, not MR 20.  Over time the game expands and older content is less relevant and newer content has more RNG and more gating... players that aren't geared for or are unwilling to do the grinds don't get the rewards.  That's the intention from a design perspective, ie, right now these are new, you are not owed a +60% kuva zarr or tenet envoy.

Let me remind you that now you can go through all the quests with an MR10. Including the factor of how quickly you can get the same MR10, and this is a maximum of a month - Kuva and Tenet weapons are available including for beginners. 

It should be borne in mind that not everyone has enough time to play to get the right weapon for hours. Speaking of the market, there is also not always a suitable offer. similarly, with the trade chat, where you can sit for hours looking for the desired status for the weapon. This is where the doubt appears where is it most productive to spend your time getting what you want.

In general, for the extraction of plat, I agree, it is worth learning and using. But I am writing about what is required now, even when there is no platinum on the account at all, and there are options to get a weapon faster (it would seem) than to find the same 300p out of nothing

9 hours ago, LoseFace said:

Let me remind you that now you can go through all the quests with an MR10. Including the factor of how quickly you can get the same MR10, and this is a maximum of a month - Kuva and Tenet weapons are available including for beginners. 

It should be borne in mind that not everyone has enough time to play to get the right weapon for hours. Speaking of the market, there is also not always a suitable offer. similarly, with the trade chat, where you can sit for hours looking for the desired status for the weapon. This is where the doubt appears where is it most productive to spend your time getting what you want.

In general, for the extraction of plat, I agree, it is worth learning and using. But I am writing about what is required now, even when there is no platinum on the account at all, and there are options to get a weapon faster (it would seem) than to find the same 300p out of nothing

Because it's accessible to lower tier players doesn't mean it's meant to be done by lower tier players (ie, you still need to have a Railjack, or at least an archwing and ride along with others till you get 5 intrinsic.  While it's entirely possible to do this at MR 10, it's not something most MR 10 players will focus on.

When it comes to plat, players can realistically earn 100p/day at MR 6.

I also can't abide the "well some players don't have the time"... well then they don't get the reward... not all players can run mythic raids in WoW, not all players can do the newest and highest tier content in ANY game.  Warframe actually in my opinion, is TOO ACCESSIBLE to new players, often leading to new players being/feeling completely overwhelmed.

If anything, and generally speaking I'm not trying to be gate-keepey, that the game would benefit from gating off more content away from at least brand new players (like MR12 or less at present)... to be blunt this is how we end up with newbie MR 20 players that can't do a spy vault and fail it for the group on a sortie, not because of an accident, but simple overconfidence and lack of knowledge/skill.

Frankly, nobody is owed the new top tier gear in the first quarter it releases.  Earn it or don't.

What if they just kept spawning lichlings in missions? So when you down the lichling and its not your preference you let it die and another screen flicker happens to spawn another lichling? And maybe have it so the person who downs the lich can skip it with a button press making the weapon available to be picked for other squadmates?

1 час назад, Klokwerkaos сказал:

I also can't abide the "well some players don't have the time"... well then they don't get the reward... not all players can run mythic raids in WoW, not all players can do the newest and highest tier content in ANY game.  Warframe actually in my opinion, is TOO ACCESSIBLE to new players, often leading to new players being/feeling completely overwhelmed.

I think you misunderstood me. “Mythical raids in WoW” is a bad example, because the search for the right weapon for the Lich is too monotonous against the background of Wow, tedious and painful, it sinks to a level of insanity, with which you can compare that you constantly press one button in the hope of change, but nothing changes. And so for several hours in a row to repeat ...

Not everyone has the urge to waste time madness. Moreover, I think it is not wise to waste time on outright madness.

Well... how about a 100% chance to get the weapon you have equipped while killing the larvling... instead of a 1/[Kuva weapon number] chance.. 

You get the element dependant on the frame .. so it should be easy to make it that you get a kuva karak if you equip a (kuva)karak while stabbing the lich. And new weapons could be dependant on the category for example kill the larvling with an archgun and you'll get the kuva ayanga ... there are enough layers of RNG in the lich System already. .. just be kind to us DE ...

Archived