Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After prime accessories are unvaulted move them to the marketplace for purchase $ permanently.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

My opinion is y’all’s unvaulting process is a dumpster fire. It’s obvious it will never get fixed. But the prime accessories unvaulted can. They don’t have to come with any particular frame. After a frame comes out of the vault it’s prime accessories need to be permanently available to purchase in the marketplace for $. Cant farm them anyway. No reason to keep any prime accessories locked away for years. 

Volts, Nyx, Rhino, Frost, Loki, Mag,Nova,Nekros- these frames accessories would be available at all times in the marketplace for $. 

6 minutes ago, TaricTheHealer said:

People tend to buy things based of how exclusive they feel they are more then oh i think this looks nice imo.

Some of these accessories are locked away for years…YEARS! Arbitrary exclusivity is a dumb reason to keep something that’s $20 locked away for years. 

Just now, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

But some of these accessories are locked away for years…YEARS! Arbitrary exclusivity is a dumb reason to keep something that’s $20 locked away for years and years. 

But the thought of not being able to get it for years is what makes people buy it like crazy when it is unvaulted. There are lots of cosmetics always available that probably just get overlooked as unimpressive because anyone can buy them anytime.

26 minutes ago, TaricTheHealer said:

But the thought of not being able to get it for years is what makes people buy it like crazy when it is unvaulted. There are lots of cosmetics always available that probably just get overlooked as unimpressive because anyone can buy them anytime.

Objectively ALL Warframe Players want their frame to look good NOW, not YEARS from now. This game’s “end game” is fashion framing. And it’s also how DE makes the majority of their money. Locking cosmetics away to arbitrarily releasing them after years and years isn’t doing anyone any good. More options to purchase fashion are always better. Plus Players can still get their “exclusivity” for at least a year maybe longer after PA ends. So I don’t see any down side. 

I understand your point and I agree that this would be the most consumer friendly way of doing things, but DE is a for profit company and selling exclusive things for a few days every couple years triggers the monk e brain of many of us to think less about how much we really want/need it and just get it NOW!

There are a lot of great cosmetics on the market that don't get as much attention, as they are always around and you have years to think about how great they would actually look on your warframes.

This way of doing things is one of the bad "features" that comes with a free to play game.

12 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

I'm split between "the professionals at DE's marketing and monetization department know how to maximize their income" and "do they?"

But I certainly don't know any better than them.

We look like kids squabbling to them. Nothing we say matter.

On 2021-08-06 at 10:25 AM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

But also I want the Nekros prime accessories for my Sevagoth and I don’t want to have to wait 2-3 years just for him to be unvaulted again.

Capitalism doesn't consider your feelings.

Well personally I think theres enough things in the vault now that there should be a weekly rotation. Even then you'd end up waiting like 8 weeks for a prime set youre after but still, 2 months in game is still a longer time than most would wait. It might not be as exclusive as say.. once every 2-3 years but honestly how many people are going to wait that long for accessories that look more and more mediocre as newer things get released?

Same go with prime frames. Theres no reason at all not to have those on permanent rotation somewhere in the store even if the relics arent being rotated. I doubt DE notice but people already sell those primes in trade chat and wfmarket. Usually cheaper than you buy prime access for. Having them on sale in rotation at least gets the people that dont want to bother building and trading

This game's entire monetisation system is predatory to its core. It periodically makes me laugh to remember how Jim Sterling used to praise DE up and down, for no reason other than getting more ammunition to throw at lootboxes. Whoever's doing the monetisation model has decided they can maximise profit per sale by selling massively overpowered bundles for new money if they just make them exclusively enough, and that appears to be quite literally the only consideration.

Archived