The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time to nerf Wukong

Erasculio

4 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Have fun making complaint threads about nuke frames or whatever meta fills the void after aoe takes a hit. 

2 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

that's how it is. now we always see the same weapons in the game. and later it will be the same FEW warframes.
anyone who writes such nonsense doesn't understand how the world works.

Idk what to tell you guys, de has said they are going to be addressing the meta. This isn’t a call to nerf but rather a please don’t make AOE unusable 

Just now, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

i can already see those threads coming. "AoE abilities ruin the fun for other players and should be nerfed or removed"

It's been a constant cycle since I started playing this game. People want co-op but there is no content that requires or encourages co-op so anti meta crowd finds a scapegoat and ignores the underlying issues.

2 minutes ago, Gree26 said:

Idk what to tell you guys, de has said they are going to be addressing the meta. This isn’t a call to nerf but rather a please don’t make AOE unusable 

So we've move to the point of pleading our case for a soft handed nerf as opposed to DE's normal approach of nerf into oblivion. 

2 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

So we've move to the point of pleading our case for a soft handed nerf as opposed to DE's normal approach of nerf into oblivion. 

Yes? That's why I'm afraid of an unfun nerf that makes it unplayable. That's why I made the thread

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

and then also remove cc and armor ignore skills because it's "too easy".

Who are you guys talking to. No one here has said any of this. You have made a boogeyman of someone who is not present 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (NSW)Vampire_Mika:

CC has already been nerfed with Eximus ignoring it, well anything with Overguard ignoring it.

which also leads to less selection of warframes or skills...
many new warframes and weapons are designed and in the end they are unplayable in the high-end sector. I don't even want to know what all this nonsense is about...

20 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Have fun making complaint threads about nuke frames or whatever meta fills the void after aoe takes a hit. 

17 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

that's how it is. now we always see the same weapons in the game. and later it will be the same FEW warframes.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

i can already see those threads coming. "AoE abilities ruin the fun for other players and should be nerfed or removed"

Since for some reason you guys think I'm making this up out of no where here you go. VaOe3RD.png

3 hours ago, shut said:

I mean... yeah. That's quite literally what we're all suggesting.

Oh, I thought you meant making AoE weapons use the Heavy Ammo that already exists in the game today (and that would be trivialized by Protea, Lavos, Helminth, yadayada).

4 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

'world' is a bit stretch *coughs*  , but more or less thats whats gonna happen.

As long as it's not the same situation with the self cc change, as weapons that didn't even deal self damage, or weren't even capable of instantly killing you [i.e amp] got the self cc. Similar problem with melee weapons... Targeting an entire weapon class regardless of individual performance just to nerf a handful of overperformers is extremely lazy.

There are weapons that deal aoe damage that perform worse than single target alternatives; or have a good chunk of their damage tied to the initial hit... or their radius is limited.

Either way, DE nerfing weapons that aren't being used is to be expected.

Yeah no, I don't want to see that.

Creating a system intentionally designed to go against the intended or differing mechanics is not something I like.

Rift, Bolts vs defense, Contagion, AOE, damage attenuation etc. 

If something becomes problematic I don't want the answer to be create a new mechanic that is designed to intentionally not work with current mechanics.

Yes I can sadly see this being the answer DE comes up with but it really needs to stop if DE wants to continue to streamline systems.

Considering the recent Pablo's post with warframe popularity graph clearly showing Wukong leaving literally all the other warframes behind by a huge margin, I hope you won't decide to nerf Wukong?
His popularity doesn't come from him being OP, it comes from him being the most convenient warframe for everyday usage, stuff that doesn't require specific builds or strats like exterminations or captures and stuff. He won't carry you to 10000 levels on survival but he's just very mobile and flexible. Him being one of the most fun frames to play after a rework and then seeing him being nerfed would be incredibly sad.

instead, please, PLEASE, consider reworking/tweaking other warframes, especially CC-focused ones, like Hydrioid(who also just looks like a glorified weaker sidegrade to Khora, she literally does all the same stuff but much better), that at the current moment are almost completely unusable due to the Eximus rework. 

Только что, gamingchair1121 сказал:

no he does need a nerf. 10% of the community using him is way too high for a single frame. it should be around 1-5% per frame.

No he doesn't. Wukong rework was the only time they did everything right, except for his exalted staff being pretty useless. nerfing him won't help anything. They should pay more attention to unpopular frames instead and question why they aren't as popular. 

6 minutes ago, Simply_The_Cat said:

No he doesn't. Wukong rework was the only time they did everything right, except for his exalted staff being pretty useless. nerfing him won't help anything. They should pay more attention to unpopular frames instead and question why they aren't as popular. 

not every frame needs to be wukong

also it would be easier to just nerf wukong instead of buff the other almost 50 frames, wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

Yeah no, I don't want to see that.

Creating a system intentionally designed to go against the intended or differing mechanics is not something I like.

Rift, Bolts vs defense, Contagion, AOE, damage attenuation etc. 

If something becomes problematic I don't want the answer to be create a new mechanic that is designed to intentionally not work with current mechanics.

Yes I can sadly see this being the answer DE comes up with but it really needs to stop if DE wants to continue to streamline systems.

Personally, if they are going to nerf AOE, I would rather see something that allows them to feel good to shoot rather than just nerfing the damage or just making them unusable with something like enemies that resist it. 

Also this is not a new system I am describing? This works within the current ammo system. I am only advocating for an addition of a new ammo type which doesnt go against any system

26 minutes ago, Simply_The_Cat said:

His popularity doesn't come from him being OP, it comes from him being the most convenient warframe for everyday usage, stuff that doesn't require specific builds or strats like exterminations or captures and stuff.

... Everyone knows that Wukong is used due to its clone, and exacerbated by AoE weapons... Including you, and especially DE staff members.

That "general usability" you're claiming that Wukong has can be done literally with any Warframe in any way literally anyone can think of. All it needs is for people to actually stop proving that a brick has more IQ than them.

There are far too many completely braindead Wuzarrs in this game presently, with this epidemic ever increasing. 

Nerf him to the ground, make his twin deal only 20% damage, or give his twin an unmodded version of the equipped weapons, same as all of the other specters. There's no consequence to playing Wukong, do double damage, spam everywhere, doesn't die, ultra easy mode.

Or maybe if his twins damage just didn't scale past the regular starchart, with a sharp continuing drop off in damage from around level 30 enemies.

Here's an idea:

When Celestial Twin is idle (i.e. doesn't have a player-assigned target), it uses the player's melee.

When Celestial Twin is given a target by the player, it switches to the player's primary weapon. (Or whatever other ranged weapon was used last - however that works currently.)

This keeps a similar power output, curtails the "autoplay" aspect of the twin clearing levels for you with a Kuva Zarr, and also cleans up the weird strategy of abandoning a melee to use a ranged weapon alongside the twin. (Personally, that's the main reason I don't tend to play him - it's an awkward trade-off however you futz with that.)

Then trade that off for a notable buff to the Iron Staff ability (along with tweaks to exalted weapons at a whole - allowing Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds, perhaps?).

28 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Here's an idea:

When Celestial Twin is idle, it uses the player's melee.

When Celestial Twin is given a target by the player, it switches to the player's primary weapon. (Or whatever other ranged weapon was used last - however that works currently.)

This keeps a similar power output, curtails the "autoplay" aspect of the twin clearing levels for you with a Kuva Zarr, and also cleans up the weird strategy of abandoning a melee to use a ranged weapon alongside the twin. (Personally, that's the main reason I don't tend to play him - it's an awkward trade-off however you futz with that.)

Then trade that off for a notable buff to the Iron Staff ability (along with tweaks to exalted weapons at a whole - allowing Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds, perhaps?).

It already stops when idle. To prevent afk play.

Yes, he need a nerf right now!
Tired Cricket Green GIF by Disney Channel

3 wuzzars in a SP defense and I killed 3 enemies... and to top it off that 2 of them semi afk the twins killing everything at light speed.

They should make the wuzarrs have to play in solo mode always, that the passive becomes ''play solo all the time''.

Archived