Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Foundry

(PSN)Aurryx

I despise Foundry timers. I have since I started playing the game 5 years ago.

It is such a gut punch to go through an absolutely massive grind to acquire some of the equipment only to have to wait an additional 12 hours to actually use the thing you've grinded to make (or 3 1/2 days for Warframes which is absurd).

Kuva and Tenet weapons are nice because I am actually rewarded immediately upon completing those ordeals but then there's the 23 hour Forma build time to kill that joy. (Don't tell me I don't have to forma them 5 times, I do it for completion)

I also wouldn't dare spend Platinum to rush the foundry because it is actually way more worth it to just buy a Warframe outright, (Warframe + Slot + Potato) or (Weapon + Slot + Potato).

I am not suggesting that foundry timers be outright removed but reducing the timers from 12 hours (or 84 hours for Warframes) to something actually playable in a single sitting would be a massive improvement for retaining players. My own brother has tried and given up multiple times to get into Warframe and each time the reason he gives me is that "It doesn't feel rewarding" or that he doesn't like having to wait 8 hours (which is essentially 24 hours for a casual player) before he can complete the junction objective (Spectre Blueprint) and actually progress the story. (On a similar note, new players don't start with enough slots, forcing players to sacrifice equipment or buy a slot also put him off)

Oh also being able to craft multiple of the same item at once would also be great because waiting a single minute per mineral refinement is absolutely stupid when I have to do it quite a few times for some items.

Well there you have it, of all of the problems Warframe has this is probably the one that stings me the most often (Not necessarily the nastiest sting but an annoying recurring one)

TL/DR: Foundry Timers should be shortened so gameplay feels more immediately rewarding

11 hours ago, (PSN)Aurryx said:

It is such a gut punch to go through an absolutely massive grind to acquire some of the equipment only to have to wait an additional 12 hours to actually use the thing you've grinded to make (or 3 1/2 days for Warframes which is absurd).

Kuva and Tenet weapons are nice because I am actually rewarded immediately upon completing those ordeals but then there's the 23 hour Forma build time to kill that joy. (Don't tell me I don't have to forma them 5 times, I do it for completion)

I also wouldn't dare spend Platinum to rush the foundry because it is actually way more worth it to just buy a Warframe outright, (Warframe + Slot + Potato) or (Weapon + Slot + Potato).

I am not suggesting that foundry timers be outright removed but reducing the timers from 12 hours (or 84 hours for Warframes) to something actually playable in a single sitting would be a massive improvement for retaining players. My own brother has tried and given up multiple times to get into Warframe and each time the reason he gives me is that "It doesn't feel rewarding" or that he doesn't like having to wait 8 hours (which is essentially 24 hours for a casual player) before he can complete the junction objective (Spectre Blueprint) and actually progress the story. (On a similar note, new players don't start with enough slots, forcing players to sacrifice equipment or buy a slot also put him off)

Oh also being able to craft multiple of the same item at once would also be great because waiting a single minute per mineral refinement is absolutely stupid when I have to do it quite a few times for some items.

Well there you have it, of all of the problems Warframe has this is probably the one that stings me the most often (Not necessarily the nastiest sting but an annoying recurring one)

TL/DR: Foundry Timers should be shortened so gameplay feels more immediately rewarding

You wanna play together? 

34 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Oh you know, you can just log off, wait a few days, then come back to play with a brand new weapon sitting in the foundry. Who actually have 10 hours of free time to play a game nowadays? Aside from that, who actually play only one game nowadays?

I mean you can do that. I'd rather just get the thing I farmed instantly. I like to think the grind is my earning the thing. I mean you can always make the "how else would they make money?" argument, but I have a few thousand hours and over 7 years in the forums alone, oh and I've given them a few hundred bucks. So why should I have to wait?

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

About actual game stuff, not an entire corporation's financial decisions.....we'll see how successful you are in 3 years. What will you say when nothing changes?

Time gating is actual game stuff. They'd most likely have a larger user base cause you can still pay money for literally everything barring very specific things. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-25 at 1:43 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

This is how the game is. Learn to live with it or go pay 15 a month or go buy loot boxes on another game.

I have lived with it for 5 years but that doesn't mean that I have liked it for a single minute of the time I've spent waiting for 3 day Warframe builds after hours upon hours of grinding. It's even worse now that I've gotten to the point where the only interesting thing that happens now is I get to try something I haven't used yet. I only have Sevagoth to go and holy crap I am not looking forward to grinding Void Storms only to have to wait 4 days to use him.

Also why would I buy lootboxes in any game? I never have before, I'm not going to start now.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

What about the games where you get the lockboxes for free but have to buy the keys?

Nope, I played a tiny bit of TF2 (like less than 2 hours) and CSGO I played even less. I played Paladins a bit but I never used money to buy a lootbox only currency I earned through gameplay. I despise the idea of spending money on something when I don't know what I'm getting out of it.

On 2021-08-24 at 9:49 AM, (PSN)Aurryx said:

They want you to buy plat so you, you know, actually fund the game so, well you know, they can eat.

But if you're determined not to buy plat, then don't.  Either wait or generate play in game for free.

On 2021-09-09 at 12:15 PM, Troll_Logic said:

They want you to buy plat so you, you know, actually fund the game so, well you know, they can eat.

But if you're determined not to buy plat, then don't.  Either wait or generate play in game for free.

I don't believe the foundry rush timers are what convince people to spend platinum. I believe more people spend platinum on cosmetics, forma, potatos, and of course actual gear that they can't be bothered farming for. Not to mention Prime Access and Accessories which without a doubt pulls in heaps of cash. Foundry Rushes probably earn chump change in comparison to the amount of plat a player would spend if they didn't quit the game after seeing they had to wait 4 days after a painfully long grind just to use what they grinded for.

Archived