Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Exodia Force have to suck so bad

I recently found out that amalgam argonak metal augur works with tick damage and potentially gas clouds. So I test out exodia force so I can get a constant 6m aoe armor strip but it did not work so I presume damage from arcanes did not count but to be sure I use exodia contagion. The results I got was that exodia contagion seem to work with this mod but not exodia force which was already bad to begin with and exodia contagion was already one of the best or is the best exodia. I then thought about using it with Garuda’s 4th but decided not test it because I was already pissed and the damage most likely going to be worser then using a regular meta melee setup as exodia force is only affected by base and elemental damage mods. One could say but it damage scales with combo counter but it still will not make up the damage loss of not having a faction bonus, crit, can’t proc status, or huge damage from CO and it’s falloff is bad (0m to 6m with a falloff of 100% to 0%) 

I wish DE will buff this arcane later on in the future because right now it provide no use. This also applies to exodia valor need to be changed to heavy attack efficiency as additional combo count chance is not that necessary as it easy to reach max combo already, also we already have an additional combo count chance exodia arcane, and lifting enemies is not something that will happen very often. But I still want a change to exodia force more because it seem to have really good potential and interesting mechanic.

9 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Exodia Force says:

On Status Effect
50% chance to deal 200% Weapon Damage to enemies within 6m.

It doesn't say anything about triggering any weapon status or armor stripping effect... maybe you misinterpreted it?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Exodia_Force

I was talking about using a balla dagger with amalgam argonak metal auger but that is not my main problem with it as this could be intentional but the problem I have is the damage and mainly the damage falloff

yes, Force has some very steep Falloff so it's not going to turn your Melee Weapon into a Rocket Launcher.

and since the Hit Counter caps at 220 thesedays, it's main use before of letting you get a hell of a lot more Hits faster, isn't that relevant anymore either.
perhaps it could leave 'Gas Clouds' or 'Pools of Eidolon Energy' behind or something, so it applies that Damage in a position over a period of time.

2 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

AmalgamArgonakMetalAugerMod.png

Oohh! Okay. That's the context I was missing. Thank you for showing me the picture! Yes I totally forgot about the daggers synergy feature. Now this makes more sense.

I imagine maybe the dagger synergy isn't working right (broken mod?), or the source of damage from Exodia Force does not technically "come from a dagger". It would be pretty awesome to get this buff for Shattering Impact to proc everytime Exo-Force activated!

we still have plenty of regular Arcanes that need overhauling (all the elemental resistance Arcanes for example), I don't see DE making Exodias better any time soon. personally I use Exodia Might on most of my zaws instead, lifesteal finishers is a nice thing to have when you're not using Inaros. I used to use Contagion, but it got nerfed and last I checked it still did self damage for some reason. 

• 2 months later...
On 2021-08-26 at 4:53 AM, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

I recently found out that amalgam argonak metal augur works with tick damage and potentially gas clouds. So I test out exodia force so I can get a constant 6m aoe armor strip but it did not work so I presume damage from arcanes did not count but to be sure I use exodia contagion. The results I got was that exodia contagion seem to work with this mod but not exodia force which was already bad to begin with and exodia contagion was already one of the best or is the best exodia.

That's Warframe For Ya... It's 100% Inconsistent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯....

My guess is one team made Exodia Force while another made the Argonak Augment and those two simply never spoke to each other. 😱.

On 2021-08-26 at 8:07 AM, fo3nixz said:

AmalgamArgonakMetalAugerMod.png

So this thing is like Shattering Impact for Daggers ?

1 hour ago, Alanthier said:

The armor strip effect doesn't trigger with exodia force.  It has no ability to proc any status effects.

The Augment doesn't require any Status to work (similar to Shattering Impact)... So as long as The Arcane Procs from a Zaw Dagger then in theory it suppose to be Working...

I guess it depends on what exactly the Force Damage is Made out of....

We already know that Contagion uses the same damage as your Zaw plus any mods on it.... But maybe Exodia Force doesn't do that.... Like with Pax Seeker... The Projectiles have no impact Damage.... It's 50% Slash and 50% Puncture.... That would explain why Pax Seeker can work with Hunter Munitions but not with Internal Bleeding/Hemorrhage 🤔....

It's damage from the arcane effect, not the dagger itself, seems perfectly reasonnable to me that it wouldn't proc.

And also thank god, imagine being able to proc a bunch of slash, corrosive and viral in an aoe around you for just spamming melee, that would be completely broken. Even with the damage falloff it would overshadow most other melees.

But in its current state, I guess the falloff could be toned down a little bit. Not convinced it would change a all lot, but if this arcane was ""meta viable""" or something, you'd need to search real hard in order to find a reason to use any non-arcane melee.

Archived