Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Road to The New War Bonus Weekends

[DE]Dudley

14 hours ago, sitfesz said:

So road to the new war means we arrive next week to the new war?

I don't think this huge update would be ready soon. They are working from Home and going to office to record "motion capture" and sound, If I remember correctly from last dev stream.

It is quite complicated, and DE want to realease this update in every platform simultaneously. I would not expect new war for 4-6 more. But who knows, this friday, on DEV stream DE will explain more about new war update, or they should. 

Maybe we get some duviri news too, but I expect less from this last one.

So this coming weekend will be The Last Booster 😱....

You know.... I'm only sitting at 23 Million Credits.... So I think I might Grind Some more... Just In case....

I'm also concerned about Why DE is giving us all these Boosters.... Are they saying we might need to upgrade our Arsenal for the new War ? 😱 Should we be Stock Piling Focus ?

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

So this coming weekend will be The Last Booster 😱....

You know.... I'm only sitting at 23 Million Credits.... So I think I might Grind Some more... Just In case....

I'm also concerned about Why DE is giving us all these Boosters.... Are they saying we might need to upgrade our Arsenal for the new War ? 😱 Should we be Stock Piling Focus ?

The goal is to help newer players advance as quickly as possible so that they can be as close as possible to the  'level of progression' that enables the quest to be started. Nobody wants a toy at christmas without batteries. Im sure with such a large quest we will have lots of things that (for me will be needed immediately )  will require progressing through several different systems and new schemes that DE is so talanted at creating..

I mean who would not want 4 forma in ever item possible on day 1?

On a side note, with huge expansions there can be problems when people come together in a squad so I have learned being as strong as possible makes you able to play solo while the other people have to wait for hotfixes.

The end.

1 hour ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

Probably more so new accounts have an easier on ramp to get their own gear from zero to ready.

1 hour ago, (PSN)jockhotty said:

The goal is to help newer players advance as quickly as possible so that they can be as close as possible to the  'level of progression' that enables the quest to be started. Nobody wants a toy at christmas without batteries. Im sure with such a large quest we will have lots of things that (for me will be needed immediately )  will require progressing through several different systems and new schemes that DE is so talanted at creating..

I mean who would not want 4 forma in ever item possible on day 1?

On a side note, with huge expansions there can be problems when people come together in a squad so I have learned being as strong as possible makes you able to play solo while the other people have to wait for hotfixes.

The end.

If that's the case... Wouldn't it easier to just .. you know.... Not make The Quest so difficult ?

I'm sorry, I detect some confusion. I do not think the difficulty is really related to the main question.  I think it is more a matter of progression to get to that part of the story where can start the quest when it drops. For the other points such as how fast you can rank up, it plays a tiny role. Eventually everything in this game becomes easier and faster to do so that new players should not feel so overwhelmed and it is quite realistic to catch up to vetern players if you are committed to do so.  This turns out to be an important aspect of keeping the game progressing, fun and I assume profitable.

i'm pretty sure the quest isn't going to be difficult at all lol, none of the previous ones have been

they just want to keep players busy and try to maintain excitement and log-in numbers (which is fine, not gonna complain about free boosters and more people to sell spare drops to)

10 hours ago, TuxedoCatfish said:

i'm pretty sure the quest isn't going to be difficult at all lol, none of the previous ones have been

they just want to keep players busy and try to maintain excitement and log-in numbers (which is fine, not gonna complain about free boosters and more people to sell spare drops to)

First time you fight against conculyst in quest It might be difficult without appropiate warframe/equipment. At least It was for me a few years ago (I started with volt, not excalibur).

1 hour ago, lhardy said:

First time you fight against conculyst in quest It might be difficult without appropiate warframe/equipment. At least It was for me a few years ago (I started with volt, not excalibur).

Meanwhile when I went in with an almost carbon copy of my original loadout that had me exhausting ammo on both guns and reduced to redeemer shots until it died with new account?

big huge buildup and then the thign just evaporates in a couple shots. The changes to give sentients their usual adaptatio nbut make them suceptable to status effects basically just... 'oh that was a thing. no wonder tenno were needed to take these guys out.'

There are pets, and mods and set mods and pet mods that you can use to boost your ammo supply in clever ways if you are burning through ammo. But, it sounds like you might want to think more about the damage types on your weapons and of course you can control the damage types of your companions when dealing w sentients. Also UMBRA mods can help, but I have no idea where or when  newer players can find them or use them but I think they are available when getting ready for new war I think.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)jockhotty said:

Also UMBRA mods can help, but I have no idea where or when  newer players can find them or use them but I think they are available when getting ready for new war I think.

I'm not sure one could say they're a new player by the time they reach this point, but The Sacrifice quest would give you one of each of the Umbra mods, all half-ranked. Simaris also sells them after that for 100k standing each, though completely unranked.

I believe The Sacrifice quest is among the prerequisites for starting The New War actually, speaking of that :)

6 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

I'm not sure one could say they're a new player by the time they reach this point, but The Sacrifice quest would give you one of each of the Umbra mods, all half-ranked. Simaris also sells them after that for 100k standing each, though completely unranked.

I believe The Sacrifice quest is among the prerequisites for starting The New War actually, speaking of that :)

Yes I agree, but I was unsure if simaris  had some leveling scheme before they could access all its stuff and similary like some frame and weapon bp's only show up after you earned them elsewhere under the idea that it was a solution for if you sold it previously, you could skip the earning quest or whatever to get it back...

35 minutes ago, (PSN)jockhotty said:

Yes I agree, but I was unsure if simaris  had some leveling scheme before they could access all its stuff and similary like some frame and weapon bp's only show up after you earned them elsewhere under the idea that it was a solution for if you sold it previously, you could skip the earning quest or whatever to get it back...

Oh gotcha, like how there's different ranks / sacrifices within a syndicate?

Simaris is the only place where there is no syndicate ranking to be gained, so the cap there is already pretty high. It can take awhile depending on how one goes about their scanning, but the Sol Battery Widget makes a huge difference at least.

18 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Oh gotcha, like how there's different ranks / sacrifices within a syndicate?

Simaris is the only place where there is no syndicate ranking to be gained, so the cap there is already pretty high. It can take awhile depending on how one goes about their scanning, but the Sol Battery Widget makes a huge difference at least.

Yep that high Simaris effort there, other than not being sure about how it works, was why I think I said something about advanced or higher level players or that was a good reason to advance for facing the New war

On 2021-08-27 at 10:53 PM, (PSN)ItsShooty_ said:

Not adding resource weekends to this is a huge let down. There's no reason not to as far as I can see. My clan still needs like 35k Mutagen Samples for the infamously ridiculous Hema research costs and we haven't seen a 2x Resource weekend since last year. We've been stuck as a Storm Clan for over a year because upgrading will raise the research costs. If DE isn't going to make the actually insane costs of Hema more reasonable then we need more resource events. 

I can agree on this my clan that I was in before and very loyal to had 0 progress on the Hema so I started working on it got to about 50% then they just kicked me so ;-;. Then I started my own clan which is better for the Hema since it is only 5k but it still take awhile

11 minutes ago, Grim_Blades said:

I can agree on this my clan that I was in before and very loyal to had 0 progress on the Hema so I started working on it got to about 50% then they just kicked me so ;-;. Then I started my own clan which is better for the Hema since it is only 5k but it still take awhile

Isn't it real easy to derelict missions now? Just smash and kill everything open every locker go for the secret-Ish areas bring dog or cat that can open lockers or use Master Thief mod or hang out in blessing land for resource boost. Having said that, since it does seem a little odd to cut that, it is probably necessary to get rid of all the 'krap' while they start putting update material in the game. Knowin DE, they aoways completely change something to work in a different way.

To hell w stupid .clans now you can do everything absolutely your way in your own clan

On 2021-09-08 at 5:17 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, the New War isn't coming until the END of Oct?, Near Nov-Dec?.

Christ, this is last last year all over again, and year before that, NEVER COMMIT, if you can't even release something 

should be at the end of Nov but we might end up at the end of Dec ! i am just  guessing 😒

• 4 weeks later...

Archived