Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Road to The New War Bonus Weekends

[DE]Dudley

On 2021-08-27 at 2:17 PM, Hello said:

Thanks, but what about double resource weekends? If I'm not wrong, I believe March 2020 was the last one we had. Please correct if I am wrong though. 

Granted affinity weekend is nice for the Tenet weapons now, but still.

Especially if this is all about "Suit up each weekend with your friends, Clan, or even solo". All of which need resources. Whether it be clans for research, pigments, or decorations. Friends and new players for crafting said new items to level up.

I've been waiting for this booster for so long, so straight faced right now. I need kuva...

On 2021-09-08 at 4:17 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, the New War isn't coming until the END of Oct?, Near Nov-Dec?.

Christ, this is last last year all over again, and year before that, NEVER COMMIT, if you can't even release something 

Toss in 1st 24hr bugs, glitches, and other issues that happens after content drops, and yeah. Not to mention any potential frame/wep ner..., err, adjustments that DE will add later because of reasons.. Anyone wanna post some Vegas odds on loot/drop tables? Just saying.

/s

On 2021-09-14 at 8:16 AM, Old_Fogie said:

Toss in 1st 24hr bugs, glitches, and other issues that happens after content drops, and yeah. Not to mention any potential frame/wep ner..., err, adjustments that DE will add later because of reasons.. Anyone wanna post some Vegas odds on loot/drop tables? Just saying.

/s

Ah yes, almost forgot.

Good job other games beat this out the water, that new Halo Game and new Witch Queen Update looks damm amazing 

On 2021-09-08 at 12:17 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, the New War isn't coming until the END of Oct?, Near Nov-Dec?.

Christ, this is last last year all over again, and year before that, NEVER COMMIT, if you can't even release something 

I'd rather have a good update than rushed quest. If you watched the 2021 Tennocon, it was obvious that the New War will release by the end of the year, so November/December was a given. The more time they take the better, this should blow our minds.

3 hours ago, (PSN)xBlake360 said:

The more time they take the better, this should blow our minds.

Yet people said this last year and the year before that. This no longer holds any weight.

Look out Railjack turned out, it was delayed for quite some time and when it did come out, it was a flop, a mess. Same goes for Archwing and it took years for DE to finally realize that their updates where terrible, only because players left and where no longer giveing money (the only thing), let's not forget about the "The Vacuum Within" update, no one can forget about that update, not only was released in the middle of Warframe's longest content drought to date, it was also a  long request from players but it was  "addressed" horribly, Players quit in frustration and did a lot more then that. DE undid this change but the damage was already done.

No amount of waiting, hype or "gate keeping" (the list goes on, I'm afraid) will blow minds, you can dislike what I have to say by all means, but it takes a person with common sense to realize that Warframe no longer has their shiny rep anymore.

33 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

let's not forget about the "The Vacuum Within" update, no one can forget about that update, not only was released in the middle of Warframe's longest content drought to date, it was also a  long request from players but it was  "addressed" horribly, 

Hello again Psi! :highfive: 

I was wondering which part of The Vacuum Within update you were reffering to? Is it the "All Sentinels now have a passive 6 meter Loot Vacuum, no Mods required!" part? Link to Forum Update Notes

I don't know because I started playing around April/May 2018. When I was doing the research I realized that it was almost two years from DE saying "Sentinels first, but Pets aren't off the table." in October 2016 to Fetch being released in November 2018.

30 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Hello again Psi! :highfive: 

I was wondering which part of The Vacuum Within update you were referring to? Is it the "All Sentinels now have a passive 6 meter Loot Vacuum, no Mods required!" part? Link to Forum Update Notes

I don't know because I started playing around April/May 2018. When I was doing the research I realized that it was almost two years from DE saying "Sentinels first, but Pets aren't off the table." in October 2016 to Fetch being released in November 2018.

Hi 🖖

Yes, it was this update, IIRC the update was, let's say, not one of their proudest moments, due to the update added "That Sentinels were being adjusted to have a Vacuum range of 6 meters rather than 12" And as of the announcement it prompted "Questionable" actions across the whole community, Since that time and due to the "Backlash" Digital extremes has apparently decided to change the range back, that granted the mod back with 12, that can be put on ALL Sentinels.

Now I don't agree with the "methods" that was used, not by a long shot, but the damage that was done and the continuation of "Bad" updates (Railjack/Arcwing/Umbra Warframe/New War Delays, etc). The "Show and Ship issue" and so on and so on. kept damaging the reputation, on top of that DE made questionable partnerships as well, made it a lot worse.  

Like I said, Warframe itself had a massive golden rep and now, it's gone, the only reason why folks will tell you otherwise, but they are either new people or "Loyalists" as polite as I can put it without trying to kick the nest. (I've been burnt for that once, but that only further proves my point).

Edit: If you wish to see more info, Please DM me, I'll send you the info (I can't send it here)

14 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yet people said this last year and the year before that. This no longer holds any weight.

Look out Railjack turned out, it was delayed for quite some time and when it did come out, it was a flop, a mess. Same goes for Archwing and it took years for DE to finally realize that their updates where terrible, only because players left and where no longer giveing money (the only thing), let's not forget about the "The Vacuum Within" update, no one can forget about that update, not only was released in the middle of Warframe's longest content drought to date, it was also a  long request from players but it was  "addressed" horribly, Players quit in frustration and did a lot more then that. DE undid this change but the damage was already done.

No amount of waiting, hype or "gate keeping" (the list goes on, I'm afraid) will blow minds, you can dislike what I have to say by all means, but it takes a person with common sense to realize that Warframe no longer has their shiny rep anymore.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the previous years were empty promises. It was physically impossible to release Railjack, Liches and New War the same year, I have no idea what people at DE were thinking. Then COVID hit them too, causing New War to be moved even further. I hate the fact that DE has lost a sense of direction (to the point that even after reworking Railjack, they don't know what plans they have for it), because it hurts the game. They shouldn't be afraid of hack and slash aspect of Warframe or adding any kind of vertical progression (something that would keep players invested, instead of releasing new weapons that are barely stronger, maybe new ways to upgrade current weapons would be better). 

That being said, the fact they finally decided to focus on New War makes me happy, since this update is way more important than Railjack or Liches could ever be. Maybe Im too optimistic, but Im hoping it will land, especially since our expectations are incredibly low. So don't worry, common sense applies to both of us here.

On 2021-08-29 at 2:09 AM, vigi26 said:

yes please this! I realized, every time they did double booster weekends this year, that we havent got double resource since like scarlet spear(?) Dunno why they keep skipping it

my guess is because of steel essence since DE doesn't seem to want anyone to get a roll for a riven that is worth using.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-27 at 2:53 PM, (PSN)ItsShooty_ said:

Not adding resource weekends to this is a huge let down. There's no reason not to as far as I can see. My clan still needs like 35k Mutagen Samples for the infamously ridiculous Hema research costs and we haven't seen a 2x Resource weekend since last year. We've been stuck as a Storm Clan for over a year because upgrading will raise the research costs. If DE isn't going to make the actually insane costs of Hema more reasonable then we need more resource events. 

I literally have at least 35k mutagen samples on my solo account...

• 4 weeks later...

As we look back at this 'road' to the new war I thought it would be good to point out that there wasn't a RIVEN slot factory anywhere to be found. Choosing which rivens to trash is becoming excrutiating again. Maybe Legendary rank 2 will have some? In any event the recent cornucopia of sister and Lich guns have caused me to spare no expense in finding slots for all of them. I hope to keep all of my guns relative and competative continuing on this journey.

On 2021-08-27 at 2:13 PM, [DE]Dudley said:

Greetings Tenno!

To aid in your preparation for The New War there will be alternating bonus weekends for the months of September and October, starting today on all platforms!

Suit up each weekend with your friends, Clan, or even solo to earn Double Affinity or Double Credits. Each bonus weekend will run from Friday at 2 pm ET to Sunday at 2 pm ET. The full schedule can be found below:
9s6w2QaaLJnWQxWzFEQzkXCyp03o80zSbeezXcwc

Weekend Start

Weekend End

Bonus

August 27

August 29

Double Affinity

September 3

September 5

Double Credits

September 10

September 12

Double Affinity

September 17

September 19

Double Credits

September 24

September 26

Double Affinity

October 1

October 3

Double Credits

October 8

October 10

Double Affinity

October 15

October 17

Double Credits

October 22

October 24

Double Affinity

October 29

October 31

Double Credits

To arms, Tenno! The New War awaits!

The New War Ready Checklist
Are you Day 1 ready to take on The New War when it launches later this year? Check our handy quest guide to help you get ready to take on the biggest quest yet in Warframe history. Once you have completed “The Maker”, your Codex should look something like this:

05IJH4r8OkCpWCfWQDvMo9Vws6M1LOOaEJQn9l07

All caught up? Then stay tuned to our channels as we may provide some additional reinforcements leading up to launch.

Do you need help? Ask our Players Helping Players forum or join our Discord for a helping hand!

We only got September 25-26th boost instead of 24-26th. Not sure if this was intended or by accident. Unless I was looking at the timer wrong 

Archived