Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Game GMT/UTC Clock

YOUNGKILLA305

Would it be possible to input an all around in-game clock anywhere on the hub with the ability to easily toggle between local and GMT/UTC, also in the mobile app. This would really aid players in coordinating squads, especially on the international server(s), also keeping track and making the most out of their play time. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Warframe servers already run on GMT so this would help developers and players to be on the same page with regard to events, updates, etc. I don't assume to know how servers will be distributed come crossplay but this would help even more so then. I hope this is put into consideration. Thank you, have a nice one.  

It'd be nice to help keep track of daily resets, too, which reset at 5 PM my time. Downside is I moved two years ago, which I used to live where it would be 8 PM when resets happen.

Just in general an in-game clock with server and/or local time would help drastically with just keeping up with everything regardless.

It honestly amazes me that this isn't already a feature in the game - the closest thing we have is looking at individual timers within various menus and extrapolating the server time from there. It shouldn't be overly difficult to implement a toggle for one if making it a constant element is unwanted - or put somewhere extremely easy to see, such as at the top or bottom of the news console, or the navigation console, heck even within the market's overhead screen.

On 2021-08-27 at 2:42 PM, Flannoit said:

It'd be nice to help keep track of daily resets, too, which reset at 5 PM my time. Downside is I moved two years ago, which I used to live where it would be 8 PM when resets happen.

Just in general an in-game clock with server and/or local time would help drastically with just keeping up with everything regardless.

A mild annoyance is also daylight savings time. So some parts of the year, it's 8 PM for me and other parts of the year, 7 PM.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

A mild annoyance is also daylight savings time.

Mild? It needs to be done away with already. Most of the world runs 24 hours anyway. Lights will be turned on when it's dark no matter what time it is, and people that are remote or work with the sun will get up with the sun.

On 2021-08-27 at 7:35 PM, YOUNGKILLA305 said:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Warframe servers already run on GMT

Why do you think this? 

DE schedule everything by ET, why would they run their servers on GMT?

On 2021-08-27 at 7:35 PM, YOUNGKILLA305 said:

Would it be possible to input an all around in-game clock anywhere on the hub with the ability to easily toggle between local and GMT/UTC, also in the mobile app

I don't think this is the solution you think it is.

Most people find timezones incredibly confusing. For instance, a lot of UK people think GMT means UK time (the G of GMT is Greenwich in London) but it isn't - the UK is on BST, which is an hour off between March and October.

The corner cases on this are insane - maninly thanks to summer time offsets that mean the difference between your timezone and theirs can change (book a time next week and find that between now and then they've gone from 8 hours behind to 9, etc).

And these are the simple cases - some Pacific islands are more than 12 hours off but don't move into tomorrow because we drew the date lines to keep them in the same days as their closest neighbors. Australia has a central timezone that is ½ hour off either side (so shift 30mins instead of an hour).

Showing a global clock isn't a terrible idea, but it will remain quite confusing for a lot of players.

What would be useful is showing users in your squad (or dojo, or relay?) with their local time or timezone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-29 at 12:57 PM, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Why do you think this? 

DE schedule everything by ET, why would they run their servers on GMT?

I remember searching up "when is the daily reset" on google and first page that came up, was from Warframe site, telling me that it was at 0:00 GMT. So I just assumed that that was the time they operated on. 

Archived