Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smeeta kavat keeps dying

(PSN)XxToxicClipz

Question

11 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, (PSN)lnsanelySkilled said:

Is anyone else noticing on mission if run kavats how fast they die off as i have been of late struggling keep mine alive is it anyway to prevent this 

Not really. Get link armour, link shields, link health to make a extremely tanky pet. 
Other solution: get a panzer vulpahyla. They are immortal, and powerful. Good for most situations. Smeeta is utility, but panzer is good to be an actual pet. Damage dealer, immortality, distraction, and with sharpened claws, panzer can really be helpful. But yeah, no way to prevent this. Arcane bodyguard and a life steal link mod would work too.

Aside from the link armor and link health mods there's two other mods that help. Mischief and Tek Assault. Mischief makes your kavat invisible and invulnerable while it summons a clone that draws agro. Although at higher levels the clone doesn't last very long. Tek Assault gives the Kavat 60% chance to ignore lethal damage and become invulnerable to damage for 4 seconsa. I use both on mine.

Link shields is probably the least useful. 

The first two mentioned Link mods depend their strength on your frame's armor and health. A squishy frame will not give much armor and health while a tanky frame will give a lot. It could be that your kavat was dying while you were using a very squishy frame.

Pack Leader mod will heal your pet for a % of melee damage you deal

1 hour ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Not really. Get link armour, link shields, link health to make a extremely tanky pet. 
Other solution: get a panzer vulpahyla. They are immortal, and powerful. Good for most situations. Smeeta is utility, but panzer is good to be an actual pet. Damage dealer, immortality, distraction, and with sharpened claws, panzer can really be helpful. But yeah, no way to prevent this. Arcane bodyguard and a life steal link mod would work too.

I not got full access to that on deimos or helminth segment 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)lnsanelySkilled said:

I not got full access to that on deimos or helminth segment 

You do not need the Helminth Segment for Vulpaphylas.  You only need access to the Cambion Drift on Deimos.  If you have not even opened up the Cambion Drift yet, then you are way too early to be talking about building a tanky pet.  Learn how to drag your pet's body to a safe location for revival; learn how to revive your pet safely in spoiler mode first.  Those are skills that will carry you to the end.

2 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

You do not need the Helminth Segment for Vulpaphylas.  You only need access to the Cambion Drift on Deimos.  If you have not even opened up the Cambion Drift yet, then you are way too early to be talking about building a tanky pet.  Learn how to drag your pet's body to a safe location for revival; learn how to revive your pet safely in spoiler mode first.  Those are skills that will carry you to the end.

i have that part open i just thought u need segment 4 that  y mentioned it

3 hours ago, (PSN)lnsanelySkilled said:

i have that part open i just thought u need segment 4 that  y mentioned it

Just get campion drift, hunt for Panzers for about 5 hours, and you’ll find one. Sedate it, deploy heroica pods, let the infested beat it up a bit, kill the infested, THEN capture it. Use pheromones and echo lures too. Pick a tankt mutagen, a antigen,get link health, link arm or, get a panzer, gild, reactor, put in link health link Armor, panzer devolution and its quill ability, BOOM. Immortal tanky extreme damage dealer pet.

18 hours ago, (PSN)lnsanelySkilled said:

Is anyone else noticing on mission if run kavats how fast they die off as i have been of late struggling keep mine alive is it anyway to prevent this 

My Smeeta hardly ever dies, even in Steel Path.  In case it helps, here's my build:

• Mischief, Charm, Tek Assault, Tek Enhance, Link Health, Pack Leader, Medi-Pet Kit, Primed Animal Instinct, Sense Danger, Fetch

Notably I don't have any mods that make my Smeeta attack; I'm not sure if this affects survival, but I'm guessing it does since the Smeeta itself isn't going to get as much hate from enemies that way.  I prefer the Smeeta's utility anyway.  Anyway, hope this helps!

Remove any agressive mods (that makes your kavat attack) and it will get less aggro (can still be killed if it gets too close or is caught in aoe attacks).

Use a frame with decent Armor , health shields and then use the link mods on the kavat to benefit the most.

Tek assault will give you an acceptable chance to keep it alive and pack leader will let you keep its health topped up.

On 2021-09-06 at 3:38 AM, (PSN)lnsanelySkilled said:

I only use my Smeeta when farming, and she never hit the floor - although AOEs really do a number on companions. 

My build isn't anything special, but she survives.

f5N5OXr.jpg

On 2021-09-06 at 10:10 AM, RazerXPrime said:

Mischief and Tek Assault. Mischief makes your kavat invisible and invulnerable while it summons a clone that draws agro.

Just wanted to add one thing about Mischief... Ive notice that the clone gets summoned in the same location as the Kavat so when enemies shoot at it... they wind up hitting the Real Kavat in the crossfire anyway... just something to keep in mind... specifically if the Warframe you're using is capable of going invisible then your Kavat will actually fare better without Mischief :P !

Archived