Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My totally personal analysis on all warframe passives.

Kaichi16

Desecrate needs to be turned into the Passive ability. Exilus slot must fit despoil. New third ability = Exalted Scythe

d6qql20-ae16ca7a-c541-4ee5-9dc8-7b1e91fe

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1266980-nekromancy-revamped-2021/

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Stop, no more exalted weapons i'm getting sick of it.

What's the point? It's just another melee weapon with stupid dumb combos that can one Viral+slash it's way out of problems.

No, this isn't even creative 

With this behavior I don't think you're able to comprehend or accept a serious discussion about my Nekros topic. Moving on.

On 2021-09-20 at 10:52 PM, Kaichi16 said:

Grendel:

For each enemy still alive in his belly, Grendel passively gains 50 Armor points.

Well, it’s good. BUT. It’s added AFTER mods. It’s a flat armor bonus, and considering it requires enemies in your belly, you’re spending energy for armor. THIS IS NOT A PASSIVE. I mean, it’s Feast’s effect, not Grendel’s passive.

As a Grendel main, I'd say you're bang on the money. It's neat, but it's a side effect from Feast, not really an independent passive.

That said, Grendel is pretty much defined by Feast, so...

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

With this behavior I don't think you're able to comprehend or accept a serious discussion about my Nekros topic. Moving on.

ah! you're trying to Copy me! i said the exact same thing about you on your nekros shadows of the dead thread :D

maybe because you keep shutting me down with childish or rather immature behavior each time?

i didn't mean to talk about your exalted weapon specifically, don't worry, this is just my honest and sincere feeling about exalted melee abilities (maybe save for sevagoth's shadow since he's a whole different Warframe) 

what do you call a serious discussion? you just want people to blindly agree with your rework idea, without criticism or disagreement, and when they do disagree, you aggressively accuse them of either trolling or ignorance.

IMO there are literally only a handful of passives left that truly need to be changed into something that isn't complete and utter pointless garbage. 

Frost jumps immediately to mind. His is truly horribad.

Hydroid's comes in a close second. 

The rest are pretty much okay, they are passives, they don't all need to be updated like some of the newer frames to be over-synergized as part of their overall ability mechanics. Saryn is one of the most popular frames in the game and her passive is quite boring. I remember going over all the passives myself before, and since Chroma finally got a real passive, there really isn't much left that needs tweaking at this point. 

Edit: Oh yeah Volt's is a little silly, but it almost doesn't matter because he's so good overall. 

While some of those passives are truly useless, I feel like the majority of warframes are strong enough on their own that they don't necessarily need a strong passive. Hell, after 600+ hours of playing Nyx, Volt, and Gauss, I never actually noticed whether or not Nyx and Gauss' passives really contributed towards my player experience (Volt however, is excellent for fishing).

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

Desecrate needs to be turned into the Passive ability. Exilus slot must fit despoil. New third ability = Exalted Scythe

d6qql20-ae16ca7a-c541-4ee5-9dc8-7b1e91fe

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1266980-nekromancy-revamped-2021/

Not every 'frame needs an exalted weapon to be "good" (heck, not every 'frame needs an exalted weapon, period). Exalted weapons were fun when they were just on a handful of 'frames, now it seems like almost every new fan-concept includes an exalted weapon that seems good on paper, but would easily be outclassed by dozens of other weapons, and especially weapons with good rivens and mods. 

(And, in my opinion, scythes in Warframe are awful).

7 hours ago, (PSN)The1stAzrael said:

While some of those passives are truly useless, I feel like the majority of warframes are strong enough on their own that they don't necessarily need a strong passive. Hell, after 600+ hours of playing Nyx, Volt, and Gauss, I never actually noticed whether or not Nyx and Gauss' passives really contributed towards my player experience (Volt however, is excellent for fishing).

well, yeah... but if they're giving us passives, at least give us useful ones. 

7 hours ago, (PSN)The1stAzrael said:

Not every 'frame needs an exalted weapon to be "good" (heck, not every 'frame needs an exalted weapon, period). Exalted weapons were fun when they were just on a handful of 'frames, now it seems like almost every new fan-concept includes an exalted weapon that seems good on paper, but would easily be outclassed by dozens of other weapons, and especially weapons with good rivens and mods. 

(And, in my opinion, scythes in Warframe are awful).

my biggest disappointment when i started playing warframe: scythes. 

the closest thing we have to REAL scythes are dokrahm zaws... oh, yeh, i think exalted weapons would be funnier if we had another element rework so we dont have viral/slash on every single build(like our old corrosive builds)

(I REALLY MISS OLD GAS/BLAST PROCS.)

My totally subjective and personal take. DE are still back in 2013-2104 league of legends passives, were all it had to be was a little stat buff to something in your gameplay.

Think Excal’s + sword damage

or Mesa + pistol reload.

Since 2014, the humble passive, particularly in league, has evolved from being the most minimal stat buff, to being either a full on mini game, or an interaction that shapes your entire playstyle.

I don’t want DE to attempt this, as I have very little faith currently. However I think it’s time they stepped out of ancient game design and tried to modernise.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived