Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug? Enemy seems like not triggering alarm now

YouDontCB_87

Hi, I'm a PC Warframe player just realized that enemies aren't triggering alarm within missions (i.e. Standard mission to be specific), and it's been awhile since I last heard them trigger one.

I have tested in both Grineer and Corpus mission (Exterminate and Spy), tested on Neptune, Pluto, Saturn & Sedna, by trying to run/walk around in front of enemies for few minutes, they are all alerted, show combat behaviors, but seems like no single one of them remember they can trigger the Alarm.

As for Ceres exterminate, I've seen some forum reported enemies are not triggering alarm for them to lure out prosecutors, hence I didn't further test on Ceres.

Please let me know is it just me facing this issue, or some you yet aware of this? If so, please have a try and let me know. 

Thanks. :)

Most of the time I don't let them get to the alarms, but I know I've disabled alarms on Corpus RJ missions in the past week while I was trying to get Hard Reset to drop from spy missions and perhaps also on survival missions trying to get the Ambassador BP to drop. I have seen the Ceres reports too when trying to make suggestions for people that need prosecutors as well.

Upon tested in Corpus RJ in Neptune Exterminate and Pluto Spy, enemies still not triggering alarm despite I walk around in between chunk of areas or stand still for few minutes, and I was doing this for around 5 minutes inside Corpus Ship (i.e. 5 minutes were deducted after the time used for RJ mission required to get into Corpus Ship).

And from what I know endless mission itself is an alarm triggered mission, so it's nearly impossible for enemies to trigger alarm again in Endless mission such as Survival mission (i.e. unless special conditions like window breaks, but thats only happened to old Corpus Ship). Also, the one we triggered at the initial of the mission doesn't count into this issue since we are the one initial this, not enemies themselves.

Aside for Sabotage mission (Standard mission), especially Corpus/Grineer Ship Sabotage, which entire ship's doors lockdown and players are required to reset alarm to turn on locked doors is part of the process.

You may try to test in Standard mission (as classified in Warframe wiki - https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mission) and see whether enemies trigger alarms.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some extra specifics. I have experienced this multiple times and it's gotten really annoying because since no one will trigger alarms, Bursas don't spawn (doing Sands of Inaros btw.) I've done similarly, walking in front of them then just waiting. I've seen them walk up to the panel, then turn and start shooting me again. This has happened a LOT.

I've noticed (with Corpus specifically. Not sure about grineer.) That every time they are about to trigger the alarms, they reload their weapon instead. This isn't an uncommon thing. If they get right next to the panel, then they just reload their weapon. If they don't get to the panel, instead just running towards it, they just shoot me.

Another thing. Kuva Siphon missions DO work normally. I have had Alarms trigger on these missions.

Hi, is me again today.

Just encountered new player asking in QnA chat again on how to get prosecutor out (OS: but my concern for enemies alarm trigger behavior was more in general), was going to tell them to make enemies trigger alarm and realized that enemies doesn't do this now (opps). 

Hence, have to direct them to alarm triggered mission like Capture (during & after target captured) or Mobile Defense (other Endless missions in Ceres work as well).

Was running Mercury Crossfire mission to collect some plants, which in this mission type (i.e. Crossfire) enemies' alertness within the mission should be pre-defined in Alarm Triggered states.

So unexpectedly, I get lock down by Grineer, which seems like Grineer is able to trigger area close down within the mission.

(Note: Lock Down function by enemy is only available after enemy triggered alarm)

Enemy Behavior/Alertness Flow (in Standard Mission)

Unalerted > Cautious > Alerted > Triggered (Trigger Alarm) > Lock Down

Hence, from the enemy behavior/alertness flow above, in standard mission, Alarm Trigger step is missing. While Lock Down behavior is still available when the Alarm Triggered state within Standard mission is pre-defined.

12 hours ago, YouDontCB_87 said:

Was running Mercury Crossfire mission to collect some plants, which in this mission type (i.e. Crossfire) enemies' alertness within the mission should be pre-defined in Alarm Triggered states.

So unexpectedly, I get lock down by Grineer, which seems like Grineer is able to trigger area close down within the mission.

(Note: Lock Down function by enemy is only available after enemy triggered alarm)

Enemy Behavior/Alertness Flow (in Standard Mission)

Unalerted > Cautious > Alerted > Triggered (Trigger Alarm) > Lock Down

Hence, from the enemy behavior/alertness flow above, in standard mission, Alarm Trigger step is missing. While Lock Down behavior is still available when the Alarm Triggered state within Standard mission is pre-defined.

Thanks for these reports! We've got a fix in the works for this issue.

On 2021-10-24 at 7:37 AM, YouDontCB_87 said:

Yo, is me again, talking to myself, like I am the only one who cares about enemies not triggering alarm now.

I just want back breakable glass windows! Then I can activate lockdown whenever I want :crylaugh:

I'm serious btw. I really want breakable glass back.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thanks Megan and team, appreciate it! 😊

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I just want back breakable glass windows! Then I can activate lockdown whenever I want :crylaugh:

I'm serious btw. I really want breakable glass back.

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Yea the interactions with environments be making things feel more lively

Agreed, Old Corpus Ship (or just Window Break) Tileset +1

Player's awareness about mission (i.e. mode, type, tileset) in general is kinda low though, and window break could serve as a "recoil within mission" for boom boom weapons and big AoE abilities spamming.

Me.Monstar.We.Monstar 🤪

37 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You. Monster.

Hide contents

aaahh real monsters nicksplat GIF

43 minutes ago, YouDontCB_87 said:

Player's awareness about mission (i.e. mode, type, tileset) in general is kinda low though, and window break could serve as a "recoil within mission" for boom boom weapons and big AoE abilities spamming.

I agree with the principle, and I enjoy stuff like that, exploding barrels, and the like solo.  And I'd really like to see a specific game mode with some form of friendly fire (probably on npcs or objects we're supposed to protect) to strongly encourage precision weapons and environmental awareness.  But breakable glass had no impact on squad behavior at all, that I could tell.

Now if broken glass sucked everybody out into space, destroyed everything, and resulted in automatic mission fail, that would probably cut down on AoE usage somewhat for the 4 hours DE would let it go before nerfing it.

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Now using mirage's 2 can lockdown ourselves too. Do you all have intention to change that? Because does it make sense to use my warframe ability to get myself lockdown? lol

22 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I just want back breakable glass windows!

The Corpus finally did an audit and realized they were spending more money replacing the cheap glass and stuff that flew out the window then they were saving over buying the good stuff in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-11-11 at 9:33 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed some enemies being unable to activate alarms. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1281911-bug-enemy-seems-like-not-triggering-alarm-now/ 

Hi, appreciate the effort to the fixes that enemies are triggering alarm now. 

I just further test on Alarm triggering on Ceres - Pallas (Exterminate) to check on whether Prosecutor spawning, but after 10 runs, but 0 Prosecutor spawn.

Within the 10 mission runs stated above, I found that enemies trigger alarm, possess alerted and show combat behaviors.

However, enemies doesn't show a died-and-respawned behavior as in Capture mission when target being/after captured, the behavior of enemies within exterminate mission remain as enter-room-and-spawn.

Spoiler

Compare died-and-respawned behavior in Capture (i.e. Alarm defaulted triggered when target being/after captured)enter-room-and-spawn in exterminate mission (i.e. Alarm Triggered by Enemies) 

Died-and-respawned (Video 01:20)

After Captured, I killed enemies and moving around rooms, you can see that when moving back to room that killed enemies early, respawned enemies.

Enter-room-and-spawn (Video 07:23)

After I killed enemies, get alarm triggered, enemies from previous room doesn't respawn.

As from what I know, enemies portray died-and-respawned behavior (i.e. when in Alarm Triggered states) will respawn as any other enemies (by chance) after they were killed, and I believed that's the reason why & how Prosecutor able to spawn with higher chances when Alarm is Triggered.

My main concern is the ramification of 'Enemies Trigger Alarm', which is the died-and-respawned when enemies are in Alarm Triggered State (i.e. especially in getting alarm specific enemies like Prosecutor [requirement to unlock Jupiter Junctions] or Bursa for higher chances to spawn) and that's my intention of raising the issue of 'Enemies not triggering alarm'.

Stalker Reset Alarm after Retrieve

In addition, from what I can recall, Alarm Triggered state will not reset by the appearance of Stalker, both before and after. But in the video above, after Stalker retrieved, the Alarm Triggered state goes off, as you can observed from Grineer's control panel (the one with White "turn off" icon when it's triggered).

Archived