Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SEVAGOTH needs many buff

xiny

First of all, sorry if the text is unnatural because I used deepl translation.
I really like the look, story and concept of SEVAGOTH. However, I am not satisfied with the performance.

1.Base Status
Standard health. Low shield. Low speed. A little more energy...
Why is he so poor? You need defense to withstand it, or the speed to move at a decent pace.

2.Passive
Not bad. But there always needs to be something that works. (For example, buffs according to Death Well).

3.Abilities
Reap.
Low cost and high performance. Nothing much to say, but slow mode is not necessary.
Sow.
The combo with Reap is great, but otherwise it's garbage. I don't know what the abilities are for. It should give you a debuff rather than very little damage.
Or, the seed sprouts at the end of the effect time or death, creating a buffed area, etc.
Gloom.
Perfect. However, in other frames the performance should be reduced.

Shadow.
It's very cool... garbage. It lacks anything and everything for a high attack power.
Please add a shockwave to Claw's attack or increase its reach more. 
Speed 1.10 is slow. 1.50 or faster is needed. (He's huge and can't equip Amalgam Serration.)
Claw kills require you to be able to fill Death Well. He cannot fill his own gauge, so the time he can fight is too short.
Transformation into shadow should be available regardless of gauge remaining. Status bonus if over 75%.

Embrace.
It's not bad, but need to increase the speed of attraction. Enhancements by mods should also widen the angle.
Consume.
It should hit all enemies within range, not just one target. Rigidity time after use removed.
Death's Harvest.
Change it to a toggle ability and make it perform the same as Reap. (Causes a debuff to the surrounding area and deals damage.)
Reunite.
Increases the status of SEVAGOTH based on kills. In other words, SEVAGOTH enhances the shadow, and the shadow enhances SEVAGOTH.

That's all. It's been too long... thanks for reading.

Il y a 2 heures, xiny a dit :

Standard health. Low shield. Low speed. A little more energy...

I bit modding and this will be ok. Sevagoth can have a good amount of energy. Low shield is great for shield gating.

Il y a 1 heure, xiny a dit :

Reap.
Low cost and high performance. Nothing much to say, but slow mode is not necessary.

You can make it faster just maintaning the ability button. It has a nice speed. No problem to me.

Sow.
The combo with Reap is great, but otherwise it's garbage. I don't know what the abilities are for. It should give you a debuff rather than very little damage.
Or, the seed sprouts at the end of the effect time or death, creating a buffed area, etc.

It's very useful with Gloom to make a continuous health regeneration. It can be used to fast kill Corpus unit, as it bypasses shields.

Gloom.

I don't see any need to reduce it's efficiency when infused. It's not a damage ability, nor a buff ability, but a CC and support ability.

Shadow.
It's very cool... garbage. It lacks anything and everything for a high attack power.
Please add a shockwave to Claw's attack or increase its reach more. 
Speed 1.10 is slow. 1.50 or faster is needed. (He's huge and can't equip Amalgam Serration.)

Shadow is great and almost OP, not garbage at all. Claws's reach depends on your build. It's speed is a question of balance : as it does high base damage, it has lower speed (just as hammers). Compare Shadow Claws to Valkyr Talons and you will understand : (high speed+low base damage) or (low speed+high base damage) : it's really just balance, as with other weapons in the game.

Sevagoth is a really good warframe just the way he is now and I don't really think he needs to be buffed.

2 hours ago, xiny said:

Gloom.

This:

20 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:
2 hours ago, xiny said:

I don't see any need to reduce it's efficiency when infused. It's not a damage ability, nor a buff ability, but a CC and support ability.

2 hours ago, xiny said:

Transformation into shadow should be available regardless of gauge remaining. Status bonus if over 75%.

This^. Honestly just going through Nullies by accident and you have to gather Well again.

22 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Shadow is great and almost OP, not garbage at all.

Damage wise it was (I have sold Sev) great. Not gonna say the same about other aspects of this melee.

4 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:
6 hours ago, xiny said:

Gloom.

Helminth infused ability changes can include CC and support abilities, for example Dispensary and Larva.  You might be thinking of the limits on infusing damage buffs in frames that already have one.

I do think a small nerf on injected Gloom is justifiable.   Although at this point I think DE is just as likely to remove these alterations as add more.

Il y a 2 heures, Tiltskillet a dit :

Helminth infused ability changes can include CC and support abilities, for example Dispensary and Larva

Yes, you're right, some support or CC abilities were a bit nerfed : Dispensary has the same effects, but less duration, which doesn't change much, but prevents it's misuse on Railjack missions. And Larva nerf is a bit weird, as Khora's Ensnare (which is more efficient and works even on Acolytes) was not nerfed at all : but, if we think better, Ensnare it cost 50 energy points while Larva costs 25 energy points : it's a question of balance between range and energy. There is also Ivara's Quiver (only 2 over 4 arrows are available), which is a bit curious.

I dont think sevagoth needs a buff at all. His abilities are a little goofy but i thinkbhisbkit, for the most part, is designed well and the duality of both frames compliment the purpose of each.

The only thing that i would like changed is his fluffy boa being made optional.

17 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

You can make it faster just maintaning the ability button. It has a nice speed. No problem to me.

Yes. You have to keep pressing the button. Is there a reason to use the slow mode?

It's very useful with Gloom to make a continuous health regeneration. It can be used to fast kill Corpus unit, as it bypasses shields.

Only low level enemies can be killed. Does the ability to do a small amount of damage over time matter?
In order to recover, it is enough to attack the enemy in front of you.

As has already been mentioned, auxiliary abilities can also be nerfed.

Shadow is great and almost OP, not garbage at all. Claws's reach depends on your build. It's speed is a question of balance : as it does high base damage, it has lower speed (just as hammers). Compare Shadow Claws to Valkyr Talons and you will understand : (high speed+low base damage) or (low speed+high base damage) : it's really just balance, as with other weapons in the game.

I understand that his claw is very powerful. The problem is that we lack the ability to guess it.
It's too late to pull it off, and the enemy is being slaughtered by friendly bombs while you are leisurely running.

Il y a 3 heures, xiny a dit :

Yes. You have to keep pressing the button. Is there a reason to use the slow mode?

Yes, sometimes you need the Shadow to stay near you to send it to another direction when enemies spawn. It's just a question of movement control. I personally use only slow Shadow.

Only low level enemies can be killed. Does the ability to do a small amount of damage over time matter?
In order to recover, it is enough to attack the enemy in front of you.

Even high level enemies can be killed, it depends on your build, but it's true that very high level enemies won't die. This ability is more interestion with its synergy with Reap, to make more AoE damage and fast fill the Death Well. The ability does the same amount of damage over time, it doesn't increase.

Sometimes you can hit enemies, as an exemple, when you're stunned, ragdoll, self-stagger... Sow+Gloom give you heal you even when you cannot attack at all.

As has already been mentioned, auxiliary abilities can also be nerfed.

Support and Crowd control abilities can be nerfed, but it's a question of balance with other Helminth abilities or to prevent misuse.

Nidus Larva : balance between its energy cost and its range, when compared to Khora's Ensenare.

Protea's Dispensary : to prevent misuse on Railjack missions (and perhaps other kind of misuse).

Ivara's Quiver : I think it's just because of the cycling ability mechanic. There is no Helminth infusable ability that works with cycling option : you can have tap/hold mechanics, but not the cycling mechanic. Perhaps to be able to put a cycling ability mechanics on a frame require some kind of rework and they just choose to change Quiver mechanics.

There are always some reasons to justify nerfs. I don't see any reason to nerf Gloom. Health stolen is not that high and you can do the same with Sancti Magistar. It doesn't make any damage to enemies. Gloom Slowdown is effectively high (cap at -95%), but you need 272% power strengh to achieve it, and this is not possible to some frames that need some other mods in their builds (and that cannot afford to lose some stats as duration and efficiency). So, I think the Infused Gloom is already in balace and don't need any nerf.

Il y a 4 heures, xiny a dit :

I understand that his claw is very powerful. The problem is that we lack the ability to guess it.
It's too late to pull it off, and the enemy is being slaughtered by friendly bombs while you are leisurely running.

You can use Natural Talent with Speed Drift to make the Shadow pull enemies faster. Just go to harder missions, with high level enemies and you'll see that there will be tons of mobs to be killed by your Shadow.

Low level missions cannot be the rule to balance (nerf or buff) a warframe. If enemies get killed befor you can use Shadow's abilities, you can play solo or try harder levels.

I think the biggest problem with Sevagoth is that the claws should scale with the Shadow Strength and not Sevagoth himself. This would allow Sevagoth to focus more Range and Efficiency (easier to build Death Well and a bigger Gloom for the Shadow) without sacrificing his Shadow damage. 
I do agree on making Consume hit all enemies in range but it comes with the problem that it could potentially make Sevagoth truly invincible outside of Arbitrations.

18 hours ago, DeltaForce245 said:

I think the biggest problem with Sevagoth is that the claws should scale with the Shadow Strength and not Sevagoth himself. This would allow Sevagoth to focus more Range and Efficiency (easier to build Death Well and a bigger Gloom for the Shadow) without sacrificing his Shadow damage. 

That would be quite awful. Sevagoth already wants to build high strength anyways so you can get the 95% slow. Having it scale with Shadow's strength would prevent it from utilizing conditional ability str bonuses such as Power Drain, Energy Conversion, Pax Bolt, and Growing Power.

Shadow's only noteworthy ability is the 1 that scales mostly with range. The 3 is redundant due to normal form's 1 being treated as the same buff which prevents them from stacking 

Archived