The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't it make sense for tenet melee weapons to be tradable ?

0_The_F00l

So this week I finally got the radiation tenet agendus I was looking for.

I have been waiting for this for weeks to show.

During which time I have completed quite a few liches/sisters , fissures and void storms.

And after getting it I felt it was such a waste of time , I would rather have bought a lich/sister for plat if it was available.

So I thought to myself , fool why aren't the tenet weapons from Perrin tradable. I really could not find an answer other than " cause DE wants us to do void storms to get holokeys".

To which I thought , if they were tradable , and since the stats are random ,  won't people just do more void storms so they can trade them away and people that would like to avoid void storms just buy it instead ? I mean once I have all the weapons with the ideal stats (which I now do), I won't be bothering with them again (unless they rework it to be more enjoyable). But if I could trade them , I may keep a 50% weapon handy for trade later (like i do for liches and sisters)

Players get what they want (weapons or plat) , DE gets player counts on a regular basis for a mission type (and more plat sales for weapon slots).

Do you feel there is validity in making them tradable ? Let me know your thoughts.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

Artists made an experience. They want to incentivize as many people as possible to experience their art. They don't want some people to skip the art and others to slog through their art for profit. 

I disagree , if it was purely for art they would have made the entry to it free 😒

1 minute ago, Berzerkules said:

My thoughts exactly. 

I would have bought those things so fast just so I didn't have to play RJ and wait for an NPC to bring something useable. 

I made a thread about it. They tried to burn me at the stake lol.

gl tenno.

Cool.  I will get the marshmallows and some stake sauce.

11 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I disagree , if it was purely for art they would have made the entry to it free 😒

? Ninjas play for free. Are you not a ninja? Do you pay for this game? You know they don't ask for your ninja diploma... Just say you are a ninja (even if you are not) 

Just now, (XBOX)phire42 said:

? Ninjas play for free. Are you not a ninja? Do you pay for this game? You know they don't ask for your ninja diploma... Just say you are a ninja (even if you are not) 

Ninjas don't get to visit art museums apparently,

I actually have paid for the game for things I like including one PA, 

I have also paid for skipping parts I dislike about the game including some relics , prime parts and some crafting.

I am bringing to attention the distinct lack of being able to skip it in this particular instance where it is RNG and time gated.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

Artists made an experience. They want to incentivize as many people as possible to experience their art. They don't want some people to skip the art and others to slog through their art for profit. 

Holokeys aren't art. Sorry to break the news.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

Their art is bad. People didn't want to look at it. They are dragging people into the gallery and trying to force them to witness trash art. I would gladly pay them to stop trying to show me S#&$ty art.

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Ninjas don't get to visit art museums apparently,

I actually have paid for the game for things I like including one PA, 

I have also paid for skipping parts I dislike about the game including some relics , prime parts and some crafting.

I am bringing to attention the distinct lack of being able to skip it in this particular instance where it is RNG and time gated.

Well like most things in most games once they reach a saturation point they are satisfied with the will make it easier like they did with railjack etc. 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

But a game mode is.

? Sorry mate you kinda lost me.

There is no new game mode for the tenet weapons. 

It is fissures in space. With a lot of explosions and shiny enemies.

The Sistine chapel is art , selling me glasses that make it look glittery is just a cheap trinket I would spend 2 cents on.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

Well like most things in most games once they reach a saturation point they are satisfied with the will make it easier like they did with railjack etc. 

Ah , so that's what you think. Guess all the people waiting on the hema constructions should be getting it right about now.

Mate , DE also did not make railjack and nechramechs purchasable for a very long time.

It is jot up to you or me to decide when they do it , we can only decide for ourselves if it would be something we would like in the game.

So would you like this in the game?

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

? Sorry mate you kinda lost me.

There is no new game mode for the tenet weapons. 

It is fissures in space. With a lot of explosions and shiny enemies.

The Sistine chapel is art , selling me glasses that make it look glittery is just a cheap trinket I would spend 2 cents on.

Railjack. The art is railjack. You may think it's bad art and that is a valid opinion... But for the creates who put in time, effort, solved problems and created something that didn't exist... This is art to them.

They created Railjack and many people either skipped it altogether or just played it a little. Leaving their art unexperienced. So they made it cheaper and easier to play and made it a requirement for kuva liches, sister liches, cartain prime weapons and tenate weapons. 

I wasn't saying it was good art, I was just explaining why they are tying those weapons to railjack. 

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Ah , so that's what you think. Guess all the people waiting on the hema constructions should be getting it right about now.

Mate , DE also did not make railjack and nechramechs purchasable for a very long time.

It is jot up to you or me to decide when they do it , we can only decide for ourselves if it would be something we would like in the game.

So would you like this in the game?

I don't get to dictate the plots of the movies I watch or the character of the books that I read... All I can do is choose to watch or not watch. And sometimes a good movie has a part that bores me or that I don't like... But I still love and watch that movie. I choose to play warframe. Sure I don't like certain parts (no auction house so I have to waste my game time in trade chat hell) but yes I like this game and play it all. 

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

They want to experience their art.... thinking about Void storm Exterminate....

No! Stop! Those lights flashing in all direction. Stooooop!

I get what you mean. They want people to do void storms. However experience is bad. When someone doesn't like RJ then they have to do FLASHING GAME then those things wouldn't be played by those people.

32 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Players get what they want (weapons or plat) , DE gets player counts on a regular basis for a mission type (and more plat sales for weapon slots).

Do you feel there is validity in making them tradable ? Let me know your thoughts.

Sadly it would be buying 1-2 weapon type+element. I would buy 25% for "few" plat just to try them. If some weapon would be good I would like near 60%.

If you are smart you can max element with just 2 weapons. When you are not patient you will need more weapons, hence more Void storms.

Sometimes I feel like they want you to just spend your time in the game, whenever you like it or not. Like, farming some frames for Helminth. You can:

1. Farm it
  • sometimes there is 20 minutes of something with low % chance. You will do it many times.
  • build it (farm resources if you don't have some rarer one) - 12h + 72h > you can rush it for 50 (for frame, don't remember 12h stuffs)
  • subsume frame 1 day > you can rush it for another 50p

2. Buy it

• frame 300+
  • rushing 50p

We could trade normal parts, even it's changing frame parts to another (e.g. 10 system to 1 neuro). We could buy just an ability, for let's say 100p. No. We need to farm it or paying freaking 300+ for SIMPLE ability. Either way we are... scammed.

It's like this with other stuffs like Cores from Eidolons or some other stuffs I've forgotten.

13 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Their art is bad. People didn't want to look at it. They are dragging people into the gallery and trying to force them to witness trash art. I would gladly pay them to stop trying to show me S#&$ty art.

I bet lot of people don't want to go to Relays just to do simple stuffs but they still don't care. Even more if things like Simulacrum.... they have it in Navigation. It's like saying "Do you want to test some stuffs e.g. bugs? Go to X then Y and Z... oh, we have it in Navigation you said... HAHAHAHa"

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

Railjack. The art is railjack. You may think it's bad art and that is a valid opinion... But for the creates who put in time, effort, solved problems and created something that didn't exist... This is art to them.

They created Railjack and many people either skipped it altogether or just played it a little. Leaving their art unexperienced. So they made it cheaper and easier to play and made it a requirement for kuva liches, sister liches, cartain prime weapons and tenate weapons. 

I wasn't saying it was good art, I was just explaining why they are tying those weapons to railjack. 

They want us to use RJ by putting some stuffs there. That's understandable however it's not great way to do. They should fix "core issues" with RJ rather than putting some stuffs there just so people have to do RJ. Lich last fight is huge joke.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

But they aren't tying it to rail jack per se , they are tying it to Void storms , RNG (chance to find guy selling glitter glasses) and Time gates (having the right type of glitter glasses).

I would also not try to justify or defend DE , i honestly cant think of why they do some things at times, they sometimes just forget - its only human to make mistakes.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)phire42 said:

I don't get to dictate the plots of the movies I watch or the character of the books that I read... All I can do is choose to watch or not watch. And sometimes a good movie has a part that bores me or that I don't like... But I still love and watch that movie. I choose to play warframe. Sure I don't like certain parts (no auction house so I have to waste my game time in trade chat hell) but yes I like this game and play it all. 

Good thing you are playing a game with choices to be made and not simply reading a book with absolutely no scope of deviation from the script. Especially a game that is live service with changes happening frequently based on feedback (sometimes).

Seriously you can just say " i dont want to cause i am averse to change" and leave it at that.

The whole "Its art" shtick is not even worth debating,

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So this week I finally got the radiation tenet agendus I was looking for.

I have been waiting for this for weeks to show.

During which time I have completed quite a few liches/sisters , fissures and void storms.

And after getting it I felt it was such a waste of time , I would rather have bought a lich/sister for plat if it was available.

So I thought to myself , fool why aren't the tenet weapons from Perrin tradable. I really could not find an answer other than " cause DE wants us to do void storms to get holokeys".

To which I thought , if they were tradable , and since the stats are random ,  won't people just do more void storms so they can trade them away and people that would like to avoid void storms just buy it instead ? I mean once I have all the weapons with the ideal stats (which I now do), I won't be bothering with them again (unless they rework it to be more enjoyable). But if I could trade them , I may keep a 50% weapon handy for trade later (like i do for liches and sisters)

I bet you that in a few months they will be.

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

But they aren't tying it to rail jack per se , they are tying it to Void storms , RNG (chance to find guy selling glitter glasses) and Time gates (having the right type of glitter glasses).

I would also not try to justify or defend DE , i honestly cant think of why they do some things at times, they sometimes just forget - its only human to make mistakes.

Good thing you are playing a game with choices to be made and not simply reading a book with absolutely no scope of deviation from the script. Especially a game that is live service with changes happening frequently based on feedback (sometimes).

Seriously you can just say " i dont want to cause i am averse to change" and leave it at that.

To you and I it's a service... To a programmer or the character designer or the person who chooses where the rocks go in the environment... To them it IS art. We are talking about their motivations. They aren't JUST to make money. 

This is standard gaming stuff:

Brand new high value items aren't gonna be easy.

You guys know these are new weapons with good base stats and op quirks....I just tried the sliding heavy attack from the grigori and yea....if the rest of them are gonna do this...you probably don't want these flooding the market too fast....

Meanwhile....there are people in recruit in alliance chat trying to kill sisters and liches with Acceltras that have 2 impact mods and no vital sense and wonder why they can't kill things in game.....

34 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It actually is worth debating....you just don't want to accept it because you're on the "customer" end and you think you magically know how to operate a company.

I really doubt if you're creating your own 7 year game, you'll say "you know what? We didn't spend much time on this....just let them buy it all. We'll make something else for em to use in 2 weeks so there's no downtime between content for them!"

They took the idea of a shop to bypass RNG and added RNG to it somehow. God love 'em they find a way to destroy every idea. That said i do like that sisters drop them now, if you get 4 people running the lich confrontation mission thats 4 per lich, its like an extra lich weapon every 10 sister kills. Loyalty program. Free disgusting sub after 10 overpriced soggy bread sandwiches with no real ingredients and yoga mat filler. Eat Fresh.

il y a une heure, (XBOX)phire42 a dit :

But a game mode is.

Regardless of the gamemode being art or not, playing it over and over to get one specific reward when you are not interested in the game mode is not fun.
I understand they want people to play it, but putting exclusive reward here will just make people angry and hate it even more. Especially when the reward is in no way tied to the game mode.

Archwings dropping archwings gears is fine, Eidolon hunt dropping amps is fine, Arbitration/Steel Path dropping endgame mods/arcanes is fine, etc... but Railjack dropping weapons that are in no way related to Railjack weird.
It's sad because void storm would have been the opportunity to introduce archwings relics and corrupted Railjack mods, which would match the gamemode.

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

They took the idea of a shop to bypass RNG and added RNG to it somehow. God love 'em they find a way to destroy every idea. That said i do like that sisters drop them now, if you get 4 people running the lich confrontation mission thats 4 per lich, its like an extra lich weapon every 10 sister kills. Loyalty program. Free disgusting sub after 10 overpriced soggy bread sandwiches with no real ingredients and yoga mat filler. Eat Fresh.

If you use weapons with over 15% status and crit then you're not getting soggy sandwiches....

Archived