Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Music Volume

korn_dawg

The music that plays at the login screen  (not the patcher/launcher) is always turned up much louder than every other noise and song in the rest of the game. Not this particular song; the login screen has been notably louder than anything I hear in game (even if it's the same track in-game as the login screen) as well as any other applications I've had open concurrently. A volume slider would be nice, but it needs to have a toggle option at the very least.  Currently, if you listen to your system without straining your ears, you'll be blasted by music unless you 1- form a habit of halving or muting your system volume before opening the game OR 2 - mute the music every session before logging out so that you can enable it again after your next login.

• 6 months later...

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I honestly dread logging in now because the music on the login screen does NOT coincide with my volume levels for the game.

The Login abides by the UI theme so why doesn't the login audio abide by my game settings.

I get that the new login music is your flashy new statement and the audio people worked hard on it but the fact is I absolutely hate it now because the volume on login is always full blast and isn't a tune which I really enjoyed in the first place.

I have stopped playing because full blast is just to harsh on my ears.

Fix it by giving us an option to control the login volume level, or remove it entirely.

When you login, as soon as that actually happens, the music volume changes to what you have the slider set to. Before you actually hit login, that is a whole other volume setting that we do not have access to. Another game that does this exact same thing is ESO. When you're just sitting on the title menu before hitting A or whatever button it is for your platform, the music volume is noticeable louder. When you hit the button to "login", your volume options slider takes effect and reduces the volume. Maybe DE will reduce it some to satisfy the minority. I just wish DE would do like what ESO is about to do in its next update and that is allowing us to pick what music is actually playing on the title menu.

14 hours ago, Aesthier said:

The Login abides by the UI theme so why doesn't the login audio abide by my game settings.

Technically, no it actually doesn't abide by your UI theme until you actually hit login. It still uses the default until you login. Really wish it didn't do this though.

15 hours ago, Aesthier said:

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I honestly dread logging in now because the music on the login screen does NOT coincide with my volume levels for the game.

I get that the new login music is your flashy new statement and the audio people worked hard on it but the fact is I absolutely hate it now because the volume on login is always full blast and isn't a tune which I really enjoyed in the first place.

I have stopped playing because full blast is just to harsh on my ears.

Fix it by giving us an option to control the login volume level, or remove it entirely.

We will look in to this issue. Which platform are you currently playing on?

I notice that the volume levels on the Login Screen are always different than my actual settings, but I don't think it's a huge issue because 1)the volume snaps to the desired levels as soon as login completes and 2)because I can just lower the volume on my hardware.

16 hours ago, Aesthier said:

I have stopped playing because

Uhh, sure. "Completely unplayable". (Mute button intensifies)

This can be some what easy to fix on Windows at least. There's not just master system volume, but individual app based audio controls. I think that's been in place since Vista, but Windows 10/11 removed the fine controls. As a head phone user I know what it's like to have random sounds not respect your settings so here's what I do: there's an app on the windows store called Ear Trumpet: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/eartrumpet/9NBLGGH516XP?hl=en-us&gl=us it adds another volume control to the notification area. Using that you can flat out reduce the volume on an app by app basis and the settings are saved. So with that app installed just click on Ear Trumpet the next time you start the launcher and reduce the volume for that specific app. Problem solved.

2 hours ago, [DE]erichdigital said:

Thank you - have you tried adjusting the 'Master Volume' or 'Music Volume' sliders in the Options menu? These should affect the log in music volume.

They do not. The login volume is not something that players have access to.

I'm on xbox and also have this issue. The game doesn't seem to register your volume settings until you press A on the login screen and start logging in. But before doing this, the music and I'm assuming other volume settings are set to max upon launching the game. I always have to turn down my soundbar or headphone volume when launching the game. 

This has been an issue for over a year. 

On 2022-05-17 at 4:41 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

They do not. The login volume is not something that players have access to.

On PC at least, music volume does affect the login music volume - I sometimes turn the ingame music off to listen to other music while playing.

On xbox it is really annoying. If you forget you have to quickly grab the remote and turn down the volume. Only to then have to adjust it again when in-game.

I remember during an official warframe twitch stream last year the player (can't remember which lady it was) mentioning how loud the music blasted.

If would be easy enough if they just reduced it by a third or half until the login is finished. It's not like it's an advert that has to grab a viewers attention.

• 4 weeks later...

Really: the easy solution is to turn down the music in the login screen altogether. I run my ingame audio sliders at 100% and I still find the intro music distractingly loud.

Slightly offtopic but it doesn't really help the login music is also unnecessarily bombastic as of Zariman updates. Really liked the slow-burning vibe of the (Echoes of) New War login music.

• 4 months later...
On 2022-05-17 at 3:33 PM, [DE]erichdigital said:

Thank you - have you tried adjusting the 'Master Volume' or 'Music Volume' sliders in the Options menu? These should affect the log in music volume.

would be nice to get a reply on this, @[DE]erichdigital

the master volume slider does not affect pre-login volume or launcher volume, and both of these are really loud to a completely unresonable degree

On some platforms, settings aren't taken in to account until you log in to Warframe, which can result in the log in music volume (and other settings) being set to a 'default' state. Because of this, if you have turned down audio sliders in the in-game settings, they will not apply to the log in screen. We are investigating possible solutions to this issue.

Archived