Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rememberance Day

CuChulainnWD

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

One thing I'd like to know regarding this and any other death. Do people really think that everyone likes to get remembered about how their loved ones got killed for something or in vein? Especially in something that is supposed to be there to escape reality.

The day is there to celebrate IRL if you like, not everyone handles loss and grief equally, so invading a game isnt the best of ideas regarding such things. This day, just as other days of remembrance brings up very recent and close things for certain people, let them handle their loss and grief as they sit fit where and when they want to, dont impose on that which may be their escape from it.

You don't see a correlation between ignorance of history and the repeating it? The small nuances that separate modern Antifa from 1920/30 Brownshirts?

I mean they both favour the violent direct action method of politics, same as Black Hand which helped start WW1.

Maybe you can take solace that they aren't fascists. Nope they seem to lean towards communism, a political ideology responsible for the largest systemic killings in the history of humanity.

Remembrance Day is a single day to reflect on the human costs of war, and while it is sometimes necessary should never be taken lightly. 

1 hour ago, Numerikuu said:

giphy.webp

The new war? Yeah ironic alright.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

One thing I'd like to know regarding this and any other death. Do people really think that everyone likes to get remembered about how their loved ones got killed for something or in vein? Especially in something that is supposed to be there to escape reality.

The day is there to celebrate IRL if you like, not everyone handles loss and grief equally, so invading a game isnt the best of ideas regarding such things. This day, just as other days of remembrance brings up very recent and close things for certain people, let them handle their loss and grief as they sit fit where and when they want to, dont impose on that which may be their escape from it.

That explains why billions of people around the perform funeral services of one sort or another for their loved ones. Or the recent fundraiser to cure Cancer because thousands of people die from that every year. I have had several people in my life suffer from that blight.

We get it Sneaky, you are apposed to the idea, but your objections really are getting weaker and pathetic.Every counter argument you have made flies contrary to the policies and actions DE has decided upon regarding any other event, celebration or notable cause for good or ill. That ship has sailed. What I am proposing has no less validity, and in many ways has more validity than most other causes supported in this game or any other.

The fact that a game that glorifies war, tries to pull our heart strings in quests to tell a story regarding War,a new one looming; there is a day in history that marks the occasion when many humans come together to reflect on the cost of war is "Out of the question" for you. Having it will not harm you or anyone else, just as DE has decided to put their support into virtue signalling causes, extremely questionable causes, western holidays, or worthy charities. DE has sanctioned all of that,but chooses not to recognise a day that they profit off of. Note I have no problem with DE making money from a game based on War. I enjoy the game too. Yet I am able to stop for a moment on a day to think about the costs, loss, and benefits the sacrifices made by those that gave their lives in War.

Understood Sneaky, that is too much to ask.

22 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

No not really, I'm simply pointing out that not everyone in the world celebrates this or have any connections to it at all. Which kinda defeats the purpose of it.

So... Should we take out the Hallowe'en event because that's not celebrated anywhere near as much in the rest of the world?

What about the Christmas decorations?

How about the Spring Step Ephemera and sundries connected?

Not everywhere has to observe a day to have it be a thing in a game where the creators do observe it.

On 2021-11-01 at 10:45 AM, L3512 said:

You don't see a correlation between ignorance of history and the repeating it?

Sure, but that doesnt mean it should be part of a hobby, since there are other things tied to it aswell, which is personal loss, even recent one for some. It is on the same level to me as armchair in-game politicians complaining about situations in a game instead of going out there and doing something. A fleeting event in a game that would be barely noticable wouldnt reduce ignorance or stop history from repeating itself.

21 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

That explains why billions of people around the perform funeral services of one sort or another for their loved ones. Or the recent fundraiser to cure Cancer because thousands of people die from that every year. I have had several people in my life suffer from that blight.

Not really what I'm talking about, unless you live in one of those odd places where they have a funeral celebration each year. The funeral is a closing chapter, and heck, not even everyone attends those, since everyone handles loss differently. While I'm the last one of my family of course I get reminded when cancer fundraisers come around, atleast those go towards something concrete and also something that will sadly potentially effect me one day. If there was no fundraiser tied to it I would see it as 100% pointless as a "hey cancer is real and it kills!" awareness event that would just remind people of loss.

17 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Not everywhere has to observe a day to have it be a thing in a game where the creators do observe it.

Of course not, but neither of those are there for any deeper meaning, you dont need to care or know squat about them IRL to enjoy them ingame. There is nothing to learn from them, they are simply there for fun.

A war related event would need to have something to it to make people aware, it shouldnt be a fun "free stuff!" event, since that makes it lose the meaning of being inserted to begin with. And since large parts of the world are completely oblivious to remembrance day it would easily lose meaning to anyone except those that already know it, and even among those that know it, chances are small they are aware of what it stands for.

It is kinda like St. Patrick's day, people dont really know what they celebrate, they dont know they raise a drink to a genocidal, maniac extremist.

On 2021-10-29 at 9:33 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Sorry but it would just cringe me out. It turns into one of those "these people that made sacrifices are more worth it than those people that made sacrifices" when not all veterans across the world would get the same treatment and respect.

It doesn't mean that at all.  Even if it did, what's so "cringe" about that?  If a country wants to have a day of remembrance for a group of people, that has absolutely no comment on another country.  If Japan has a day of remembrance, it isn't a comment on Holland or their population.  

On 2021-10-29 at 12:54 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

I think it's be a bad idea to have in-game celebrations/honors that relate to real-world conflicts between nations; it seems like there's too much potential to cause needless intra-cultural conflict.  Celebrating "our" holiday and not "their" holiday brings an unnecessary dividing line into the community.

Nope.  Countries are countries for a reason.  A country celebrating a day of remembrance doesn't affect other countries.  The only people bringing "unnecessary division into the community" are intolerant people.  If Japan wants to celebrate something, why should that bother me if I'm not Japanese?  If a company located in Japan wants to observe day of remembrance in a Japanese product, why should that bother me?  By that same reasoning,  If France wants to celebrate something, why should that bother me if I'm not French?

I remember when diversity meant celebrating differences.

On 2021-10-31 at 3:27 PM, SneakyErvin said:

No not really, I'm simply pointing out that not everyone in the world celebrates this or have any connections to it at all. Which kinda defeats the purpose of it.

Not to the people who celebrate it.  Remembrance Day isn't /about/ WWI.  It is for the members of the armed forces who have died in the line of service.  It was inaugurated after WWI, but it isn't specifically about WWI.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

Not to the people who celebrate it.  Remembrance Day isn't /about/ WWI.  It is for the members of the armed forces who have died in the line of service.  It was inaugurated after WWI, but it isn't specifically about WWI.

Of course not, but it defeats the purpose to have it in an international game if it is in order to raise awareness about wars, since a large part would have no clue what it is about and just miss the point trying to be made. Those that celebrate it already likely celebrate it elsewhere anyways on that day.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sure, but that doesnt mean it should be part of a hobby, since there are other things tied to it aswell, which is personal loss, even recent one for some. It is on the same level to me as armchair in-game politicians complaining about situations in a game instead of going out there and doing something. A fleeting event in a game that would be barely noticable wouldnt reduce ignorance or stop history from repeating itself.

Well you've got a solid point there, though adding Remembrance Day in game could well raise awareness about things.

1 minute ago, L3512 said:

Well you've got a solid point there, though adding Remembrance Day in game could well raise awareness about things.

If done correct, yeah I agree. Adding it as most other events are added though, nope. And by the looks of the thread, most that are passionate about having it added want it in order to raise awareness (which is great!), but they also dont seem really aware that it would have to be added in a deep way to achieve that.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Of course not, but it defeats the purpose to have it in an international game if it is in order to raise awareness about wars, since a large part would have no clue what it is about and just miss the point trying to be made. Those that celebrate it already likely celebrate it elsewhere anyways on that day.

1)  It's not to raise awareness about wars.

2)  It's to honor fallen members of the armed services.

3)  Who cares if someone has no clue?  They may want to learn about it and if they don't, that's fine as well.  If a game in Japan honored a Japanese holiday, that's great.  Who cares if someone on the other side of the world doesn't or doesn't even know why?

4)  Who cares if the people at the game honor that day outside the game as well.  If a majority Muslim company wanted to mention an Islamic holiday in the game, that's fine.  Same if a Buddhist company, or Japanese, or French, or even if a group of Americans who were ethnically Spanish wanted to mention a Spanish holiday or even a Canadian holiday.  Why should you care?  How does it affect you?  This is called diversity.

You're point seems to be "Unless everyone celebrates or honors a specific holiday, then someone else could get upset about it."  Apparently, that someone else is you.

58 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

1)  It's not to raise awareness about wars.

2)  It's to honor fallen members of the armed services.

3)  Who cares if someone has no clue?  They may want to learn about it and if they don't, that's fine as well.  If a game in Japan honored a Japanese holiday, that's great.  Who cares if someone on the other side of the world doesn't or doesn't even know why?

4)  Who cares if the people at the game honor that day outside the game as well.  If a majority Muslim company wanted to mention an Islamic holiday in the game, that's fine.  Same if a Buddhist company, or Japanese, or French, or even if a group of Americans who were ethnically Spanish wanted to mention a Spanish holiday or even a Canadian holiday.  Why should you care?  How does it affect you?  This is called diversity.

You're point seems to be "Unless everyone celebrates or honors a specific holiday, then someone else could get upset about it."  Apparently, that someone else is you.

Then you are of a different opinion than the others that claim it is about "much more than just veterans". I'm not the one that claims it is, they are, take that up with them. I'm simply pointing out to them that if it is about "much more" then obviously not many know about that and many would keep not knowing, making an event about war awarness (according to them) kinda pointless since no one would be aware of it.

And if you think my point is that, then maybe read through the conversations.

edit: Also, how do I honor the fallen if I dont know the event is about honoring the fallen? Yeah such honor, much impressed.

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And if you think my point is that, then maybe read through the conversations.

I've read plenty.  I'm assuming your opinion is the same no matter where in the conversation.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

edit: Also, how do I honor the fallen if I dont know the event is about honoring the fallen?

You don't have to.  Again, 

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

Same if a Buddhist company, or Japanese, or French, or even if a group of Americans who were ethnically Spanish wanted to mention a Spanish holiday or even a Canadian holiday.  Why should you care?  How does it affect you?  This is called diversity.

If a Muslim country wanted to mention an Islamic holiday, no one is forcing me to celebrate it. I can note the holiday or ignore it.

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah such honor, much impressed.

Nice.  Giving you the greatest benefit of the doubt, that comment does not speak well of you.  Understanding the obvious derision of what you meant, speaks much more.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not really what I'm talking about, unless you live in one of those odd places where they have a funeral celebration each year. The funeral is a closing chapter, and heck, not even everyone attends those, since everyone handles loss differently. While I'm the last one of my family of course I get reminded when cancer fundraisers come around, atleast those go towards something concrete and also something that will sadly potentially effect me one day. If there was no fundraiser tied to it I would see it as 100% pointless as a "hey cancer is real and it kills!" awareness event that would just remind people of loss.

Of course not, but neither of those are there for any deeper meaning, you dont need to care or know squat about them IRL to enjoy them ingame. There is nothing to learn from them, they are simply there for fun.

A war related event would need to have something to it to make people aware, it shouldnt be a fun "free stuff!" event, since that makes it lose the meaning of being inserted to begin with. And since large parts of the world are completely oblivious to remembrance day it would easily lose meaning to anyone except those that already know it, and even among those that know it, chances are small they are aware of what it stands for.

It is kinda like St. Patrick's day, people dont really know what they celebrate, they dont know they raise a drink to a genocidal, maniac extremist.

You go on about deeper meanings, and superficiality, and how Remembrance day is a celebration and then contradict yourself with all of the above.

This has been explained to you multiple times in different ways. Remembrance day is NOT a celebrations. It is a day to reflect, consider, honour, recognise and remember the cost of war, and those that were caught up in it. It is a time of solemn thought, not a celebration. Many countries, Canada included, recognise this day as an important part of not just our history, but world history. When a large portion of the worlds population goes to war, it does not go unmarked. Nor should it. It serves as a reminder of what to avoid at all costs.

What is the matter in helping people to understand and perhaps appreciate world history through a day that has a great many nations stop and think about one of humanities more horrendous acts? As you pointed out not everyone "celebrate"s most western holidays but you are ok with them being in the game, when they contribute nothing to the actual lore or function of the game. As I pointed out to you, Warframe is a game based on War. There was a massive war against the Sentients hundreds, if not thousands of years in the past, and it appears another massive war is looming in the New War.

The parallels to our own world history and events is striking. For a game that makes money off of war, I can see LORE wise how having a similar day marked to stop and think about the cost of War might be poignant. DE knows how to write a good quest to tug at peoples heart strings and reflect on our morality. So what makes you think that a company that is CANADIAN, does not know how to "Remember" how to honour a day like Remembrance Day properly? I think you give DE little credit just as you give little credit to a world population that may care to reflect and honour the sacrifices made by civilians and military personal that have died, and still live to protect that which we enjoy today.

Just because some people do not celebrate something does not mean others do or should not. Your argument is weak, as DE has shown they are more than willing to celebrate, or honour or charity fund just about anything that takes their fancy. So again where you get the idea that what I an others are proposing should be a fun free stuff give away with no gravitas, is weak. It is also rather crass given how me and others have explained to you the exact opposite. So which is it Sneaky, is it a celebration that should not be recognised, or is it something too serious like Cancer fundraisers that should not be recognised?

5 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

You go on about deeper meanings, and superficiality, and how Remembrance day is a celebration and then contradict yourself with all of the above.

This has been explained to you multiple times in different ways. Remembrance day is NOT a celebrations. It is a day to reflect, consider, honour, recognise and remember the cost of war, and those that were caught up in it. It is a time of solemn thought, not a celebration. Many countries, Canada included, recognise this day as an important part of not just our history, but world history. When a large portion of the worlds population goes to war, it does not go unmarked. Nor should it. It serves as a reminder of what to avoid at all costs.

What is the matter in helping people to understand and perhaps appreciate world history through a day that has a great many nations stop and think about one of humanities more horrendous acts? As you pointed out not everyone "celebrate"s most western holidays but you are ok with them being in the game, when they contribute nothing to the actual lore or function of the game. As I pointed out to you, Warframe is a game based on War. There was a massive war against the Sentients hundreds, if not thousands of years in the past, and it appears another massive war is looming in the New War.

The parallels to our own world history and events is striking. For a game that makes money off of war, I can see LORE wise how having a similar day marked to stop and think about the cost of War might be poignant. DE knows how to write a good quest to tug at peoples heart strings and reflect on our morality. So what makes you think that a company that is CANADIAN, does not know how to "Remember" how to honour a day like Remembrance Day properly? I think you give DE little credit just as you give little credit to a world population that may care to reflect and honour the sacrifices made by civilians and military personal that have died, and still live to protect that which we enjoy today.

Just because some people do not celebrate something does not mean others do or should not. Your argument is weak, as DE has shown they are more than willing to celebrate, or honour or charity fund just about anything that takes their fancy. So again where you get the idea that what I an others are proposing should be a fun free stuff give away with no gravitas, is weak. It is also rather crass given how me and others have explained to you the exact opposite. So which is it Sneaky, is it a celebration that should not be recognised, or is it something too serious like Cancer fundraisers that should not be recognised?

So it has come down to nitpicking over the use of the word celebration now?

You should have also probably read my post to L3512 a bit further up.

Also... WF making money off of war. Give it a #*!%ing break now. That is so silly I cannot take you seriously anymore.

22 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

So it has come down to nitpicking over the use of the word celebration now?

You should have also probably read my post to L3512 a bit further up.

Also... WF making money off of war. Give it a #*!%ing break now. That is so silly I cannot take you seriously anymore.

Celebration was mentioned multiple times in your threads, and you chose to ignore my counter argument, and yet only now you pick up on it? Seems to me you are the one with a reading comprehension problem, though I figure English is not your first language so a small pass on that.

You say you can't take me seriously, yet your entire counter argument is weak and pathetic mate. It really did end about 4 exchanges ago, yet we've given you enough rope to metaphorically hang yourself.  First Remembrance day is a celebration and you want free stuff that no one cares about, then you claim it is too much of a serious day and not everyone recognises it, ignoring the fact that the same can be said for just about any holiday, event, or marked occasion that has been added to any game in history because the Devs choose to mark it or not.

The mental gymnastics you have had to go through to make your posts are spectacular 10's for the effort, 0's for execution mind. Sneaky, you worry that Remembrance day is not recognised around the world. Mate, the clue about the First and Second World Wars is right there in front of you. Both were GLOBAL conflicts (Yes I know not EVERY country was involved, but a VAST majority of countries are aware of the two events. That there shoots holes into any argument you have made against it.

I do not give a fury rodent's bottom whether you take me seriously or not, I do care about your willful ignorance,, that is on me. Only you however can take care of that. Really, you have little to contribute to this discussion, your arguments against falling flat I could not care less what you think against, that only your willful ignorance impedes understanding. Yet I am still game to hear out any counter argument that can be made clearly and with cause as to why DE could, should, would not consider recognizing a day that is significant in their own country and globally. As I said before if a fundraiser must be added to make it legitimate, then donate the proceeds to what ever just cause is available.

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Of course not, but neither of those are there for any deeper meaning, you dont need to care or know squat about them IRL to enjoy them ingame.

Logic works both ways. People that don't know about them, or observe them, see them in game and become aware of them. Maybe they look up the reason and the practice spreads.

The Mo-vember moustaches are added for free and they're for awareness, the yellow ribbon is added for free, it's for awareness, the whole Quest to Conquer Cancer gives everyone stuff whether they donated to the cause or not.

The point of these is to share an event, whether serious or not, and have something to recognise it.

Why would you not have free stuff to help raise awareness?

How does a Poppy cosmetic in Warframe cheapen the observation of a day of remembrance? It really doesn't. It's like not knowing about the day and seeing somebody walk past with a Poppy on their lapel, it spreads the awareness of the event to others.

At this point, all you're objecting for is to keep being contrary.

On 2021-10-31 at 10:37 AM, 000MrWolf000 said:

The sad thing is I am in my mid50's now and I remember when days like veterans day, memorial day and whatever names other nations have for their equivalent days of reflection. They was never political in any way. Veterans day was a day to set aside and honor those that served. Memorial days was a day to honor those that fell. They are days to reflect and remember history so as not to be doomed to repeat said history. 

Exactly. The issue in current times seems to be an over opinionated culture that place far too many sub meanings to things in attempts to not offend. The problem with that is society should never work to satisfy the overly sensitive people.

On 2021-10-29 at 1:38 PM, Fallen77 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but is this an international thing for all veterans ever ? Or just an american thing ?

It's a thing for all the commonwealth countires, which includes Canada, but not America.  It's a day specifically to mark the end of war, not to celebrate it with any kind of hero worship, but to remember the cost.

17 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

you want free stuff 

Never once has stuff been mentioned.

16 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Logic works both ways. People that don't know about them, or observe them, see them in game and become aware of them. Maybe they look up the reason and the practice spreads.

The Mo-vember moustaches are added for free and they're for awareness, the yellow ribbon is added for free, it's for awareness, the whole Quest to Conquer Cancer gives everyone stuff whether they donated to the cause or not.

The point of these is to share an event, whether serious or not, and have something to recognise it.

Why would you not have free stuff to help raise awareness?

How does a Poppy cosmetic in Warframe cheapen the observation of a day of remembrance? It really doesn't. It's like not knowing about the day and seeing somebody walk past with a Poppy on their lapel, it spreads the awareness of the event to others.

At this point, all you're objecting for is to keep being contrary.

1. Very doubtful since all of the events are actually very universal and generic. Unless of course you think someone will actually start celebrating Tennobaum or Nights of Neberus IRL. Each of those fit in on several different real world holidays across the world, each being about something different, from ancient rites, to things tied to the church or simple childish fun.

2. Sure and all those are pretty global things and tied to current knowledge and everyday awareness of our time. I cant say the same about something initiated by the commonwealth.

3-6. It isnt about the seriousness, or if it cheapens something, it is about how a simple flower will not make people aware. It just isnt present enough in most countries or with most people. You may consider it common knowledge since you are used to it, for most it would just fly by without impact. And I'm not saying an event would be wrong, I'm saying an extremely simple event, like that of a poppy, would be pointless.

If you are serious about wanting the awareness raised, then ask for something that might achieve it, like what Epic did in Fortnite a few years back.

And to be fully clear, I was never against an event, I was against the idea of charity towards a specific Legion when all of the world suffers the same when loved ones die.

20 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

If done correct, yeah I agree. Adding it as most other events are added though, nope. And by the looks of the thread, most that are passionate about having it added want it in order to raise awareness (which is great!), but they also dont seem really aware that it would have to be added in a deep way to achieve that.

Well I feel we both understand each others points even if they don't quite align so it was a productive discussion without much more for me to add.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Very doubtful since all of the events are actually very universal and generic.

And? They're generic? So?

Sure and all those are pretty global things and tied to current knowledge and everyday awareness of our time. I cant say the same about something initiated by the commonwealth.

The... World War?

Those isn't global enough for you? You know it wasn't isolated to Europe and conflicts literally flared up over four continents and involved people from seven, including even isolated islands that just happened to be on the way to other places, right?

Sure, the second one involved America more, and the death toll was even higher, but I have been to small villages in Zambia that recognise Rememberance Day because their families were drafted into conflicts that happened in the areas that Germany was trying to occupy down there.

Because when they say 'world war' they mean it.

3-6. It isnt about the seriousness, or if it cheapens something

You literally said this to me:

On 2021-11-02 at 12:43 PM, SneakyErvin said:

A war related event would need to have something to it to make people aware, it shouldnt be a fun "free stuff!" event, since that makes it lose the meaning of being inserted to begin with.

Which is saying that the event loses meaning, which is the textbook definition of 'cheapening' something.

And then, for added weirdness, follow up with:

like what Epic did in Fortnite

I mean? Talk about it not being about cheapening things, then find the literal embodiment of cheapening things?

So... The only objection you now have is that the Poppy Appeal is part of the Royal British Legion, a charity in the UK, and you think that this means it's not a recognised even world wide where WW1 affected millions of families from all kinds of different places?

21 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

And? They're generic? So?

The... World War?

They are generic, so they fit all kinds of different celebrations around that time of the year. They are also not lifealtering or serious matters lifted into the light, so their design doesnt really matter either except being joyful.

The war is well known, the event itself is not. Not even all of Europe recognizes it.

21 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I mean? Talk about it not being about cheapening things, then find the literal embodiment of cheapening things?

So... The only objection you now have is that the Poppy Appeal is part of the Royal British Legion, a charity in the UK, and you think that this means it's not a recognised even world wide where WW1 affected millions of families from all kinds of different places?

So you think an event to raise the awareness of school children is cheap just because it comes from Epic? But at the same time it wouldnt be cheap to do less here. Epic did it to educate people, not just throw something out there and hope it sticks.

No that isnt what I'm saying. I'm saying charity should not go to something as specific as a regional legion. That is the part of the OP I was actually criticizing. Aswell as the thought that this is some universally recognized thing.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Aswell as the thought that this is some universally recognized thing.

So... you're against regional charity donations, when the regional charity isn't something like a regional cancer charity?

Does it stop being a charity, one that's doing good works?

I know it might not be curing cancer, or similar, but it's still a good cause. Better than quite a lot of the other organisations masquerading as charities these days.

And I love that you're saying it's not some universally recognised thing after ignoring the part of my comment that described exactly how wide-reaching Remembrance Day is.

Your argument just doesn't really hold up. You might not like the charity, but you not liking the charity isn't a reason to not put the event in.

17 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

So... you're against regional charity donations, when the regional charity isn't something like a regional cancer charity?

Does it stop being a charity, one that's doing good works?

I know it might not be curing cancer, or similar, but it's still a good cause. Better than quite a lot of the other organisations masquerading as charities these days.

And I love that you're saying it's not some universally recognised thing after ignoring the part of my comment that described exactly how wide-reaching Remembrance Day is.

Your argument just doesn't really hold up. You might not like the charity, but you not liking the charity isn't a reason to not put the event in.

Everyone across the world effected by something like cancer will benefit from cancer charity that goes towards research, since the research is world spanning no matter where it is done.

In this case it kinda would. All vets around the world have suffered the same, so giving charity to only a small part of those would be odd, especially if it was based on sales made from something in a global game. If this was DE just handing out a free poppy and then donating money without connection to how many poppies are sold it would be different. It is why I said in my initial post that it would turn into something like "they are worth more than them". 

I never ignored what you said either, I just answered you back with a line you seem to have ignored i.e "not even all of Europe recgnizes it". I'm soon hitting 40, and this thread has been the first time I've actually seen this mentioned since I was in high-school, where it was brought up in relation to WW1 aswell as how different nations across the globe mark their wartime history. For instance here we celebrate 2 kings in november, on the 6th and the 30th, and in connection to that our time as one of europe's great powers back in the day, our veterans are remembered in may on the 29th. And the 30th of Nov is a day with split emotions, mostly because the neo-nazis took it as "their day" to celebrate the country. And the "lefties" caved and now see everyone celebrating it as a right wing extremist.

I wouldnt mind an event with a tied charity if that charity went to something global that could actually help people suffering in current wars. Like I said, a charity going to something within the UN to either help keep the peace or aid those suffering. And wouldnt that be true awareness, and possibly something that could make other companies follow in order to make the world a better place? What exactly would charity towards a veteran organization help?

Archived