Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular enemy health going grey and not taking damage

Vesciroth

So I've been encountering this for a few weeks at least now, and I only play sporadically so I was wondering if this is a new feature I just missed or a bug.
Basically, with no indication as to why it's happening as far as I can tell, regular enemies' health bars will turn grey after I do a bunch of damage to them and they just become completely damage immune. It just happened to me again on a Steel Path Incursion (Grineer Defense, not on Kuva Fortress). There was no acolyte around, and tons of mobs just had their health bars turn grey for no reason. I had to go around searching for yellow health bars for me to try to kill, and some of them started turning grey too. Eventually the effect seems to wear off and I can finally kill them, but it seems to last a good 5-10 seconds, maybe longer in some cases. Kind of not fun to have random mobs inexplicably become immortal. I'm fine if this is a feature that we're supposed to have mechanisms to deal with, but right now I have no idea how to deal with it if it is and it just seems like a really bad bug. Anybody know anything about this?

Edit: I feel like it's important to mention that the enemies do not stop attacking at all when this happens, unlike how they behave in void fissure/storm missions, so it is much more inconvenient as they are able to continue attacking while you're unable to damage them.

Cant think of a reason that would happen in steel path except during spawn in but that is not what you described....  

My first thought was void fissures where enemies become corrupted but that doesnt happen in steel path....  

I really have no idea but what frame and weapons were you using??

Definitely not something I've come across outside of Void Fissures/Storms - very odd to hear that it's happening not just often but sometimes en-masse. To my understanding that's far and away from the expectations of standard play and is not something easily explained.

this happened to me like 5 times and it was always in steel path defence against grineer (don't know about regular defence): like when there left only few enemies (lets say 5) some of them become invincible for a minute or so
and it seems like their invulnerability goes away after sometime

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Cant think of a reason that would happen in steel path except during spawn in but that is not what you described....  

My first thought was void fissures where enemies become corrupted but that doesnt happen in steel path....  

I really have no idea but what frame and weapons were you using??

I was using Saryn + Tenet Envoy mostly, and Helios sentinel just for scanning. But yeah based on other responses here it seems like I'm not the only one getting this

12 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

this happened to me like 5 times and it was always in steel path defence against grineer (don't know about regular defence): like when there left only few enemies (lets say 5) some of them become invincible for a minute or so
and it seems like their invulnerability goes away after sometime

Yeah I remember other times where it was only the last handful of enemies this happened to, but this last time it happened it started right after the first wave spawned, so there were still like 30-40 enemies and half of them just randomly became invincible after I hit them a bit.

I had this happen once ~3 weeks ago, in Steel Path on Uranus (think it was the Sealab Sabotage mission). It only affected one single enemy, a Drekar Elite Lancer.

I was in Mag, and using Pull on him instantly put him back to normal.

Is there a bug-report thread I could add this info to, as it might help the devs troubleshoot the issue?

Archived