Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase/remove the ignore list limit.

-CM-Harbinger

This is a simple suggestion, remove the limit of the number of people you can have on ignore or increase it by a lot.

The reason for this is quite obvious, while the game is growing and bringing in more players, the game is becoming more and more toxic, and playing with players outside the clan is becoming more and more unbearable. Considering all the racists, sexists, spammers, scammers, and other kind of scum that this game is filled of, we should be able to ignore a lot lot more than 100 player. 
Reporting people does nothing, as i only get an automated message telling me to ignore them, wich i can not, because of this limit.

Was thinking of another work around.

You know how you can trim your old friends list or invites by Last Online?

Same. By being able to wipe anyone who hasn't been on in the last few months, or years, or whatever, you can free up a ton of space on that list.

If you're accruing more than 100 people to ignore in a year, I'd be astonished.. not sure I could make that work if I tried to find that many people worth ignoring.. but then again I don't spend much time in market, so that might bias me a bit. lol

That aside, this would at least free up ignores by relevancy. If we won't encounter that player again anyways, there's no need to have them blocked.

2 hours ago, -CM-Harbinger said:

This is a simple suggestion, remove the limit of the number of people you can have on ignore or increase it by a lot.

The reason for this is quite obvious, while the game is growing and bringing in more players, the game is becoming more and more toxic, and playing with players outside the clan is becoming more and more unbearable. Considering all the racists, sexists, spammers, scammers, and other kind of scum that this game is filled of, we should be able to ignore a lot lot more than 100 player. 
Reporting people does nothing, as i only get an automated message telling me to ignore them, wich i can not, because of this limit.

someone has paper for feelings if your blocking people left and right lol. maybe your clan should improve its interaction with eachother then you wouldnt have to deal with randoms xD

2 minutes ago, PatrioticEagle said:

paper for feelings

Regardless, if their experience isn't sustainable because of whatever interactions for whatever reasons, a player will seek an option in game to mitigate that.. or leave the game.

As I eluded to, market can play a massive role in finding players you don't wish to communicate with, RAPIDLY.

Now, on region or something you can filter phrases to avoid.. so certain memes, topics, etc. don't inject themselves into the game experience. That alone will crop out a lot of the players who we don't want to chat with, and not even for some offense, but more that the topic isn't relevant.

Depending the headspace you like to be in in a game, chat options like these can help curate that experience more ideally. ...and that has nothing to do with a fragility or failure of will; this would be a fundamental attribution error.

Example.. I filtered out "UWU" because the point of the meme was mostly to over-use it to be annoying. (At least, I assume.)
Then people made more variants.

It's not some terrible thing that someone is being a memelord, but they're in a headspace where, communicating with them in predicated on them being annoying and over the top, at your expense, for their fun. Even if this is not some terrible offense, I don't want to join games with them. Obvious troll is going to troll, obviously. Right? Am I offended? No. Do I want to block them? Yes.

Maybe focusing on 'offended' being the problem, and not 'deliberately annoying' being a reasonable thing to avoid, would miss an important function of ignore: The most civil way to let a troll be a troll in peace among their friends and randos, but personally opt out.

Even if... making warframe inaccessible doesn't suit the interests of the game developer or community, if a significant enough portion of the potential player base won't engage because they don't like the chat function. That factor would be more present if we insult them as a result.. and last I checked exacerbating a problem certainly won't resolve it.
Read Open Book GIF by INTO ACTION

Some folks just want a more focused experience with less chatter, and they can only find that by disregarding chat. If chat won't let them disregard, then the game loses a source of income, a host for parties, a farmer farming, and a public opinion.

Ok last thought... Hypothetical...

What if there actually is no problem with the ignore limit, but thinking of how that can be overwhelmed is daunting? That's not a take-away that a menu or function should cause.. so perhaps there's a design element to how that is handled, and how much control over that situation a player needs to feel secure in it. Rational or not, it wouldn't matter.. same result.

Suggesting a fix or work around is the only sensible thing here. Not trying to impugn or divine OP's character.

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

Regardless, if their experience isn't sustainable because of whatever interactions for whatever reasons, a player will seek an option in game to mitigate that.. or leave the game.

As I eluded to, market can play a massive role in finding players you don't wish to communicate with, RAPIDLY.

Now, on region or something you can filter phrases to avoid.. so certain memes, topics, etc. don't inject themselves into the game experience. That alone will crop out a lot of the players who we don't want to chat with, and not even for some offense, but more that the topic isn't relevant.

Depending the headspace you like to be in in a game, chat options like these can help curate that experience more ideally. ...and that has nothing to do with a fragility or failure of will; this would be a fundamental attribution error.

Example.. I filtered out "UWU" because the point of the meme was mostly to over-use it to be annoying. (At least, I assume.)
Then people made more variants.

It's not some terrible thing that someone is being a memelord, but they're in a headspace where, communicating with them in predicated on them being annoying and over the top, at your expense, for their fun. Even if this is not some terrible offense, I don't want to join games with them. Obvious troll is going to troll, obviously. Right? Am I offended? No. Do I want to block them? Yes.

Maybe focusing on 'offended' being the problem, and not 'deliberately annoying' being a reasonable thing to avoid, would miss an important function of ignore: The most civil way to let a troll be a troll in peace among their friends and randos, but personally opt out.

Even if... making warframe inaccessible doesn't suit the interests of the game developer or community, if a significant enough portion of the potential player base won't engage because they don't like the chat function. That factor would be more present if we insult them as a result.. and last I checked exacerbating a problem certainly won't resolve it.
Read Open Book GIF by INTO ACTION

Some folks just want a more focused experience with less chatter, and they can only find that by disregarding chat. If chat won't let them disregard, then the game loses a source of income, a host for parties, a farmer farming, and a public opinion.

Ok last thought... Hypothetical...

What if there actually is no problem with the ignore limit, but thinking of how that can be overwhelmed is daunting? That's not a take-away that a menu or function should cause.. so perhaps there's a design element to how that is handled, and how much control over that situation a player needs to feel secure in it. Rational or not, it wouldn't matter.. same result.

Suggesting a fix or work around is the only sensible thing here. Not trying to impugn or divine OP's character.

OR work with your clan, friends, alliance. you dont have to join public squads, you also dont have to have region chat on, by default that tab is shut off. you also say there are racists/sexists? really? where are they i have yet to meet those"toxic" players lol. your like another guy who's offered easy solutions and chooses to ignore it in favor of what he/she wants instead.

7 minutes ago, PatrioticEagle said:

you also say there are racists/sexists? really? where are they i have yet to meet those"toxic" players lol.

You appear to be trying to put some interesting words in my mouth, and I'll thank you to not do that.

Something happened there, didn't it? You're not responding to me. You're responding to a me you thought you'd read... but didn't, did you?

3 hours ago, -CM-Harbinger said:

This would be nice regarding all the dang scammers/spammers, especially scammers. I got quite a few people blocked due to their prices or because they try to be predatory with prices, or slip a fast one.

On the other end tho...
O.o what channel are you seeing  racism/sexism? (Yes this is a legit question...)

I've been back two weeks, maybe three, and haven't seen one person say something like "women belong in the kitchen", or "This game sucks because POCs" or "The gays did it!" or any KKK rants, etc.  And if I ever do see that crap I will ignore/block them instantly. 

90% of what I see is people talking about warframe stuff. The worst things I've seen is just people finding Rhino hot, or Mesa hot which.. TBF, hey, there's nothing sexist about a woman or a man finding a woman or man hot, that's jsut nature. Even if that woman or man is a literal bioengineered void/infestation weapon platform designed to murder everything in 500000 square kilometers that you'll never actually touch even with a 18.8Billion meter long pole.

Now: Before you scream at me. 1: Egalitarian, 2: Old School LGTB, 3: OG Feminist, so please don't insult me for trying to figure out what you're talking about above. Warframe seems to be one of the most accepting communities out there, which is one of the many reasons I play it.  Sure there's prolly a couple clans who are straight up nutcases with serious issues on the topic, but most people seem to be chill.

7 hours ago, -CM-Harbinger said:

Considering all the racists, sexists, spammers, scammers, and other kind of scum that this game is filled of, we should be able to ignore a lot lot more than 100 player. 

3 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

You appear to be trying to put some interesting words in my mouth, and I'll thank you to not do that.

Something happened there, didn't it? You're not responding to me. You're responding to a me you thought you'd read... but didn't, did you?

yep that part is my bad, intended to quote the original instead i put yours, but i still stand by the rest of my statement

8 hours ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

DE limited ignore list because it impacted their servers performance. 

Prepare for them selling ignore slots for plat. Only 60p for 3 ignore slots!

Why don't they store ignore list data in the clients then?

21 hours ago, PatrioticEagle said:

someone has paper for feelings if your blocking people left and right lol. maybe your clan should improve its interaction with eachother then you wouldnt have to deal with randoms xD

i know you are trying your best to be funny. but in case you are seriouse, i dont know where paper feelings comes into this matter. 
lets adress the "paper for feelings" comment:
when playing an online game, you are interracting with many people from around the world. many of them are decent, smart, funny and intelligent. but unfortunatly, they are the minority. the majority are kids screwing around, well... like kids do. sometimes, its like watching kids swimming in their own poop, and im forced to watch, because i cant close my eyes, since i already blinked 100 times. 
The people i refer to, are those that makes you ashamed of playing the same game, and by ignoring them, you no longer can interact with them. 

now the next "intelligent" comment you provided, "maybe your clan should improve its interaction with eachother...." bla bla:
imagine buying a Ferrari, and being told you can only drive at a walking speed. the game is not a clan only game, nor is it a clan based game, neither is it a clan anything. the clan system was thrown in just to satisfy some of the people who requested it. not only that, none of those i mentioned would stay a single second in the clan. we have strict rules against people like that. and to only interact with my clan, who share the same values as me, would mean the "entire" game population would only be the 1000 players that are in the clan. 
I could tell you how stupid that comment is, but it would be quite rude, and i dont wanna be rude.
This is one of the situation i would like to avoid... my aim with the post was to give an idea on how to improve game so people enjoy it more, and here comes a ridiculous, where 0 thought was put in it, just to get some attention. it took me 5 seconds to breakdown the comment and another 5 minutes to write down how pointless it is. 
So unnecessary...

Sincerely,
Harbinger

21 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Was thinking of another work around.

You know how you can trim your old friends list or invites by Last Online?

Same. By being able to wipe anyone who hasn't been on in the last few months, or years, or whatever, you can free up a ton of space on that list.

If you're accruing more than 100 people to ignore in a year, I'd be astonished.. not sure I could make that work if I tried to find that many people worth ignoring.. but then again I don't spend much time in market, so that might bias me a bit. lol

That aside, this would at least free up ignores by relevancy. If we won't encounter that player again anyways, there's no need to have them blocked.

ye, that would be nice.
but i think increasing the limit might be easier, and require less work? idk... anything that helps is fine tbh

13 hours ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

DE limited ignore list because it impacted their servers performance. 

They did it relatively recently so I won't expect limit changes any time soon. 

But DE could make ignore list circular, removing oldest object from the list when you add new one while at limit. 

Is that realy true?
If they had server issues because of the number of ignored people, then the toxicity level is worse than i imagined :( 
The warframe community is becoming more and more like world of warcrafts community.  

3 hours ago, -CM-Harbinger said:

i know you are trying your best to be funny. but in case you are seriouse, i dont know where paper feelings comes into this matter. 
lets adress the "paper for feelings" comment:
when playing an online game, you are interracting with many people from around the world. many of them are decent, smart, funny and intelligent. but unfortunatly, they are the minority. the majority are kids screwing around, well... like kids do. sometimes, its like watching kids swimming in their own poop, and im forced to watch, because i cant close my eyes, since i already blinked 100 times. 
The people i refer to, are those that makes you ashamed of playing the same game, and by ignoring them, you no longer can interact with them. 

now the next "intelligent" comment you provided, "maybe your clan should improve its interaction with eachother...." bla bla:
imagine buying a Ferrari, and being told you can only drive at a walking speed. the game is not a clan only game, nor is it a clan based game, neither is it a clan anything. the clan system was thrown in just to satisfy some of the people who requested it. not only that, none of those i mentioned would stay a single second in the clan. we have strict rules against people like that. and to only interact with my clan, who share the same values as me, would mean the "entire" game population would only be the 1000 players that are in the clan. 
I could tell you how stupid that comment is, but it would be quite rude, and i dont wanna be rude.
This is one of the situation i would like to avoid... my aim with the post was to give an idea on how to improve game so people enjoy it more, and here comes a ridiculous, where 0 thought was put in it, just to get some attention. it took me 5 seconds to breakdown the comment and another 5 minutes to write down how pointless it is. 
So unnecessary...

Sincerely,
Harbinger

wow you really think its about attention not a suggestion, well can tell where you stand. gluck with your desire to block more people.

Yes, remove the limit.

It would also be nice to have that single line of descriptive text that adding a friend or however it is implemented.  

That way I would know if I've ignored someone for being an idiot in game, being a racist, trying to cheat during a trade, or some other reason.

I don't believe for a second that ignore lists are a strain of any kind on servers. The decision-makers can sit in their ivory towers if they want, but they cannot make people get along who don't want to. Which is fine by me, since there are some people I just plain hate.

17 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Yes, remove the limit.

It would also be nice to have that single line of descriptive text that adding a friend or however it is implemented.  

That way I would know if I've ignored someone for being an idiot in game, being a racist, trying to cheat during a trade, or some other reason.

adding the note feature would be helpful for sure

14 hours ago, SuikiAmon said:

I don't believe for a second that ignore lists are a strain of any kind on servers. The decision-makers can sit in their ivory towers if they want, but they cannot make people get along who don't want to. Which is fine by me, since there are some people I just plain hate.

Yes random person, let's not at all listen to the professional programmers but you instead.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-11-16 at 5:57 AM, -CM-Harbinger said:

Are you one of those people who sends a message asking to buy something, finds a lower offer, and then ignore the first person you sent a message to?

I've been playing WF for years and have never ever come across any racist, sexist or spammer players in chat. But I encounter "ignore-list-buyers" almost every week.

Archived