Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash the frame unfitting his name.

xxswatelitexx

Every Frame in the game tends to fit their name personality.

Excal - famous sword

Mag - Magnitizes and pulls things

Saryn - A play on Sarin Gas ( Toxic Gas  )

Grendel - Monster from Beowolf and Devourer of Mankind 

Etc.

Ash is one of Odd frames out - he does bleed damage. 

Would be nice to see something ash related at least as an augment card. 

I think one good inspiration could be from Demon Slayer - Exploding Blood - which sets Demon Blood on Fire 

[ Video Contains Major Spoilers ] 

Ash could "Mark" enemies similar to Garuda when he applied bleed stacks on them.

When he throws his Shuriken it causes all the stacks to "explode" any enemies that don't die and turn into ash suffer bleed + fire damage equal to the amount of stacks on them.

This would allow his kit to have synergy. 

The way I see it, this is the least of his problems. This is an opinion ppl won`t like but i`ll say it anyway,  Ash needs a revisit and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, stats and ppl`s actions proves he needs one.

I say Ash needs a revisit and ppl say "he`s perfect" and get upset with me but he`s not, Ash has issues most ppl don`t know about.

The reason being because;

·        People use two of his augments 24/7 to the point where they completely ignore the issues of the abilities and act like they are ok.

·        The way people use him and talk about him ("oh he can use seeking shuriken to strip armour and can kill lvl 100+ with bs) they can`t see his issues in a general sense.

Look at it this way you have Ash - warframe and you have Ryu - ninja gaiden, if you put Ash in ninja gaiden he would be great probably be even better than Ryu on the other hand if you put Ryu in warframe he will have trouble in that setting.

I was playing Ash and their is something I realised...

Ash can`t deal with hordes of enemies efficiently that`s why most ppl won`t play him, the most effective (fun) way to play him is to play stealthy he can actually be fun if you play him this way. but wf is for the most part a horde game and Ash just can`t deal with them effectively so this and other issues with him is why he needs a revisit.

23 часа назад, (PSN)Vexx757 сказал:

The way I see it, this is the least of his problems. This is an opinion ppl won`t like but i`ll say it anyway,  Ash needs a revisit and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, stats and ppl`s actions proves he needs one.

I say Ash needs a revisit and ppl say "he`s perfect" and get upset with me but he`s not, Ash has issues most ppl don`t know about.

The reason being because;

·        People use two of his augments 24/7 to the point where they completely ignore the issues of the abilities and act like they are ok.

·        The way people use him and talk about him ("oh he can use seeking shuriken to strip armour and can kill lvl 100+ with bs) they can`t see his issues in a general sense.

Look at it this way you have Ash - warframe and you have Ryu - ninja gaiden, if you put Ash in ninja gaiden he would be great probably be even better than Ryu on the other hand if you put Ryu in warframe he will have trouble in that setting.

I was playing Ash and their is something I realised...

Ash can`t deal with hordes of enemies efficiently that`s why most ppl won`t play him, the most effective (fun) way to play him is to play stealthy he can actually be fun if you play him this way. but wf is for the most part a horde game and Ash just can`t deal with them effectively so this and other issues with him is why he needs a revisit.

I partially agree with you. Ash, sometimes, is more fun when you play him stealthy. Maybe Ash' 4th ability is not very fast, but it's effective against hordes of enemies and you can't deny it.

On 2021-11-19 at 12:05 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Remember when Ash had a button that deleted whole map tiles of enemies without even having to aim, and it made him basically invincible during, and was basically entirely non-interactive, and he was one of the most popular and most played warframes as a result of all these things?

It was nerfed. Probably rightly.

He's still great for PoE bounties and fighting against SP grineer though, so he's got a better niche than most classic frames.

On 2021-11-19 at 1:34 PM, PlushyMakoa said:

I partially agree with you. Ash, sometimes, is more fun when you play him stealthy. Maybe Ash' 4th ability is not very fast, but it's effective against hordes of enemies and you can't deny it.

If really isn`t especially if you compare it to the old one. The first stage is you marking which the speed of it is determined by the player and what can your teammate to in that time? 

stage two is the apparitions killing enemies which kills in twos (threes if in animation). The old Bs while dealing less damage had the fasters activation speed in the game which made if affective and fun while the current one is slow to activate.

His bs is soo slow it can kill lvl 6 enemies in a team and if you want proof, I can show you.

So yes I can deny it.

On 2021-11-20 at 10:19 AM, (PSN)aarott said:

Remember when Ash had a button that deleted whole map tiles of enemies without even having to aim, and it made him basically invincible during, and was basically entirely non-interactive, and he was one of the most popular and most played warframes as a result of all these things?

It was nerfed. Probably rightly.

He's still great for PoE bounties and fighting against SP grineer though, so he's got a better niche than most classic frames.

Yes and it was fun as heck yes it did have it`s issue but to me it`s way better than what we currently have, I didn`t mind the non-interactivity because the sick animation of him teleporting from enemy to enemy compensates for it, it was fun to watch your customised Ash killing them.

Of course he good in sp coz you are relaying on an augment (not the ability) to strip armour and coz of how beefy enemies are you have time to mark and kill. Did the old bs need a nerf? yes but not to the extent it is now.

I can come up with improvements to his 4 right now that benefits both sides/

Spoiler

·       When activating the ability, it will start instantly.

·       Pressing the ability will bring you into the animation while holding the ability will send clones out to kill instead of you.

·       If you want to jump out of bs, press the ability again and the clones will continue to kill enemies.

·       Enemies that are red can be killed by players.

·       There is no limit to how many enemies he can kill within the 20m radius of the enemy he`s aiming at.

·       On deactivation or when blade storm ends whole in the animation, Ash teleports back to the position where he activated it.

·       While his 2nd ability is active enemies won`t be able to detect Ash or enemies killed when in close proximity.

·       You sentinel will not only be invulnerable but will also visually disappear while in the animation, this also including pickups from vacuum.

·       An indicator is shown of the number of enemies that are going to be killed by bs.

·       Sliding before activating will increase the animation and clones` attack speed by 20%.

This makes the ability 10x better and it caters to both sides. I know it`s good because I have over 400 names of ppl that like it and more and if you don`t believe me I can show you the poof.

On 2021-11-16 at 1:17 PM, xxswatelitexx said:

Every Frame in the game tends to fit their name personality.

Excal - famous sword

Mag - Magnitizes and pulls things

Saryn - A play on Sarin Gas ( Toxic Gas  )

Grendel - Monster from Beowolf and Devourer of Mankind 

Etc.

Ash is one of Odd frames out - he does bleed damage. 

Would be nice to see something ash related at least as an augment card. 

I think one good inspiration could be from Demon Slayer - Exploding Blood - which sets Demon Blood on Fire 

Ash could "Mark" enemies similar to Garuda when he applied bleed stacks on them.

When he throws his Shuriken it causes all the stacks to "explode" any enemies that don't die and turn into ash suffer bleed + fire damage equal to the amount of stacks on them.

This would allow his kit to have synergy. 

"Exploding Blood" is a great name for a new Mod that works like the old Maiming Strike. I feel the same way that Ash the name just doesn't connect to the frame's personality or abilities much. 

On 2021-11-19 at 8:34 AM, PlushyMakoa said:

You must never have seen Ash Pre-Nerf 

Ash was a Horde Killer - I could literally kill entire maps. Now I am running around "painting" enemies and waving my mouse around as if I am doing some sort of warframe coloring book. 

On 2021-11-25 at 3:17 PM, xxswatelitexx said:

You must never have seen Ash Pre-Nerf 

Ash was a Horde Killer - I could literally kill entire maps. Now I am running around "painting" enemies and waving my mouse around as if I am doing some sort of warframe coloring book. 

I did. And I used that. Ad-nauseum to be precise. Because it worked, and I was in a clan that used what worked.

The rose-tinted glasses you're looking back at him with are nice, though.

Current Bladestorm is more damage, hits more enemies when you need it (and doesn't keep stabbing at one enemy over and over if you have less), and has had literally the best buff to the frame ever, which is his ability to not join in with the attack and do other things while his clones attack. All it cost for these functional buffs was a little more energy, which is (for anyone that has the gear) a non-issue.

Used old Bladestorm to great effect. Know exactly what it did and why that, nowadays, wouldn't be enough. Glad to have had the buffs and changes, and think we could do a few more to make it even better.

Archived