Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can Crewmates not equip Tenet Diplos?

Ifeno

Question

topic. The diplos in question are maxed out with 5 formas. As far as I can tell, they're the only Lich / Sister Primary / Secondary that the Crewmates cannot equip. Are there any other weapons that crewmates can't use?

12 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

Wrong place to ask this question my guy, but to answer your question....

Diplos is a new weapon and is not an upgrade from classics like the arca plasmor, so.......I think thats why.

It's just as new and not-an-upgrade as e.g. Envoy, and that can be equipped no prob.

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

Bots (clones, specters, cew) have issues with some weapon that have a special aiming mechanic, as they always aim down sight. With Diplos, they can't fire at all. Hence, they are disabled.

You can shoot the Tenet Diplos without aiming. It works like a normal auto-fire pistol. I often find it preferable to start shooting from the hip, then bring them up to aim while still firing so I can zoom in without doing the weird headshot mechanic.

The Kuva Quartakk has a similar mechanic – it fires automatic from the hip, burst-fire while aiming. Yet my crewmates use it fine (and to devastating effect). It's true that they only use the auto-fire as they cannot aim down sights, but that should also apply the same way to the Tenet Diplos.

il y a une heure, GrayArchon a dit :

The Kuva Quartakk has a similar mechanic – it fires automatic from the hip, burst-fire while aiming. Yet my crewmates use it fine (and to devastating effect). It's true that they only use the auto-fire as they cannot aim down sights

It's the other way around. I also use Quartakk on most of my bots;  but they ALWAYS aim down sight. But as they are bots, they can use the semi-automatic at maximal rate, giving the impression it's auto. But it's not.

On 2021-12-07 at 2:33 PM, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

Wrong place to ask this question my guy, but to answer your question....

Diplos is a new weapon and is not an upgrade from classics like the arca plasmor, so.......I think thats why.

Follow up question: Where would the right place have been? Thanks again!

On 2021-12-07 at 2:17 PM, Ifeno said:

topic. The diplos in question are maxed out with 5 formas. As far as I can tell, they're the only Lich / Sister Primary / Secondary that the Crewmates cannot equip. Are there any other weapons that crewmates can't use?

I assume that its an AI targeting issue,  because of the diplos's unique fire mode.

5 hours ago, Ifeno said:

Follow up question: Where would the right place have been? Thanks again!

Terribly sorry I thought you meant why normal Corpus Crewmen don't use that weapon, so I assumed it was a general discussion question. 

To answer you REAL question though, Its because of the Diplos's firemode, its way different from other guns, thus crewmates and other generic ppl cannot equip the diplos.

Archived