Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Basic Pets

AreeSoothsayer

3 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Pets need a rework. And imho shouldn't be mortal at all.

This right here.

There is absolutely no reason for us to have to deal with companion mortality.

That in itself opens your mod slots and allows you to increase their usefulness and lethality.

Unfortunately, they need their AI tweaked as well. I use Kubrows exclusively, so I can't comment about other companions, but Kubrows are slow to attack and have extremely poor attack tracking and range. Increasing their attack speed and range would make them much more useful as they wouldn't miss so often. Imagine giving them Primed Fury and Primed Reach.

Lastly, since we can perform genetic engineering, I'd like to see being able to fuse Genetic Imprints across companions, enabling all companions to use each others abilities.

For example, I get a Sunika Imprint from someone and it will allow my Rakhsa to use Sunika abilities.

Naturally, the abilities would have to be split into categories fom which you can always equip only one mod, just like Hounds work.

progress regarding the pets is very slow unfortunately and i don't know if this is going to change any time soon, i just wish they would've made vacuum a passive to all warframes (with the ability to disable it for people who don't want it) and do a major overhaul to all pets so we can have more than a handful of good options to choose from.

In Guild Wars 2 there was a similar issue with pets - the developers eventually changed it so that pets don't take damage unless specifically targeted by an enemy. They weren't immune to damage perse but took significantly less damage in general. Might something like that work in Warframe?

1 hour ago, SleepmodePrime said:

In Guild Wars 2 there was a similar issue with pets - the developers eventually changed it so that pets don't take damage unless specifically targeted by an enemy. They weren't immune to damage perse but took significantly less damage in general. Might something like that work in Warframe?

Seems like too much work for DE and likely prone to 57546 bugs.

Making the pets outright immortal is a foolproof way to go.

Now, I never played Guild Wars, but in Warframe, our pets are mostly for support and usually can't handle more than a single target, so even invulnerable, they wouldn't be able to help us even a fraction of what a Celestial Twin can, for example.

At least we won't have to worry about reviving them and frames focused on shields instead of HP and Armor won't have squishy pets anymore.

12 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Pets need a rework. And imho shouldn't be mortal at all.

This.

If a pet takes "lethal" damage, it should yelp and run off to lick its wounds. Then come back after a defined interval.

If a sentinel takes "lethal" damage, it should emit a robotic squeal of distress like R2D2, and float there sparking with smoke streaming out of it. Then reactivate after a defined interval.

Mods that affect revives could instead affect how long they're out of action, or instantly heal them to a certain percentage of health. 

Archived