Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partial Transferance Ephemera: An option to replace the Warframe helm with operator or drifter head?!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Uh.... wait what? I love your enthusiasm and the picture is neat, but I'm not sure how this really makes any thematic sense actually being in game... 

Outside game could be a fun photoshop game I guess. 

?? Just have a no helm option then you get the operator or drifter head as the helm…..

1 minute ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

?? Just have a no helm option then you get the operator or drifter head…

The operator isn't wearing the warframe like a suit. They control it remotely. The inside of a warframe is infested flesh, biosteel, etc.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

?? Just have a no helm option then you get the operator or drifter head as the helm…..

But how would this make any sense with transference?

When I go in a Warframe I turn into energy and become that frame. I'm not inside the suit waiting for a face reveal, I AM Ash, or whomever. When I am in a Warframe the only phsyical body I have IS that Warframe. 

22 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

But how would this make any sense with transference?

When I go in a Warframe I turn into energy and become that frame. I'm not inside the suit waiting for a face reveal, I AM Ash, or whomever. When I am in a Warframe the only phsyical body I have IS that Warframe. 

Make it so when Warframes don’t have a helmet you can see the operators head, what’s the issue? Our appearance is completely 100% either or void related. I can pop out of my Warframe whenever I want why can’t I just have my head pop out? Then when I leave my Warframe, my Warframe is headless and I can see my operators entire body like any other time I leave my frame. 

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

When Warframes don’t have a helmet you can see the operators head what’s the issue? Our appearance is completely 100% either or avoid related. I can pop out of my Warframe whenever I want why can’t I just have my head pop out? Then when I leave my Warframe, my Warframe is headless. 

Because it isn't how transference works? 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

This game has no rules and can be retconned. I think it would be neat customizable option to have. 

Well yes, it does have some rules. And how transference works is quite a big one. 

I think you would find most would disagree with you, as this would be an incredibly lore breaking and immersion breaking thing just for a few people's fashion. It is simply not how transference works, not sure how I can make that more simple. This is something far too big to retconn. Transference is your entire soul possessing another body. It doesn't allow for your head making the Warframe head disappear and popping out on its own to say "peakaboo". 

Transference is very real within Warframe, is very well established, and is far too big too be retconned so you can have your operators head pop out, something most people would probably quit over. With all respect, I am bowing out now, as this is an incredibly silly converation. Of course it isn't REAL, but the game has internal lore rules, and this is far too big of one to break. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Well yes, it does have some rules. And how transference works is quite a big one. 

I think you would find most would disagree with you, as this would be an incredibly lore breaking and immersion breaking thing just for a few people's fashion. It is simply not how transference works, not sure how I can make that more simple. This is something far too big to retconn. Transference is your entire soul possessing another body. It doesn't allow for your head making the Warframe head disappear and popping out on its own to say "peakaboo". 

Lmao!! Lol  whatever party pooper! 💩💩

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

“Transference” is not real, this is a sci fi game with no rules. This game has no rules and can be retconned, retcon is DEs speciality. I think it would be neat customizable option to have. 

Let's add some skimpy anime girls too. Gotta get those extra customization options, right?

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Lmao!! Lol  whatever party pooper! 💩💩

LOL I know I'm a bit of a wet blanket, but I'm really just trying to be a realist. 

I am not one of those people who would S#&$ myself in anger over something lore breaking in the game as even though I call people Tenno that's about as far as I go with RP and I really don't care, but for that very reason I don't see something like this ever being added. It is far too lore breaking, and on top of that considering how much people already whine about "peculiar content".... 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

LOL I know I'm a bit of a wet blanket, but I'm really just trying to be a realist. 

I am not one of those people who would S#&$ myself in anger over something lore breaking in the game, but for that very reason I don't see something like this ever being added. It is far too lore breaking, and on top of that considering how much people already whine about "peculiar content".... 

I mean this is general discussion and not Feedback so, would you like this option on a few frames or no?

Just now, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I mean this is general discussion in the Feedback so

Well of course you can post whatever you want! Just don't want people to get their hopes up for something that probably wouldn't be considered is all... like I said though, original picture is neat. Could be fun to see what people photoshop together? 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Well of course you can post whatever you want! Just don't want people to get their hopes up for something that probably wouldn't be considered is all... like I said though, original picture is neat. Could be fun to see what people photoshop together? 

Would like like to see this option on a few of your frames? 

As cool as this looks, to me, from an aesthetic perspective, I think it'd be ideal to preserve some internal consistency within the game's universe in the interest of better storytelling.  

Warframe's a game where story is, as infrequent as quest releases are, important, and flooding it with silly, inconsistent cosmetics would ruin that aspect of the game.

Archived