Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Partial Transferance Ephemera: An option to replace the Warframe helm with operator or drifter head?!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Well yes, it does have some rules. And how transference works is quite a big one. 

I think you would find most would disagree with you, as this would be an incredibly lore breaking and immersion breaking thing just for a few people's fashion. It is simply not how transference works, not sure how I can make that more simple. This is something far too big to retconn. Transference is your entire soul possessing another body. It doesn't allow for your head making the Warframe head disappear and popping out on its own to say "peakaboo". 

Transference is very real within Warframe, is very well established, and is far too big too be retconned so you can have your operators head pop out, something most people would probably quit over. With all respect, I am bowing out now, as this is an incredibly silly converation. Of course it isn't REAL, but the game has internal lore rules, and this is far too big of one to break. 

honestly, immersion breaking argument is generally a non starter for me. warframe doesnt really have much of an immersion to break in the first place. at least for me.

but i will say that there is a generally consistent artstyle that de has managed to follow for the most part, and having operators wearing warframes as if they were suits would pretty much wreck it.

Just now, Zeclem said:

honestly, immersion breaking argument is generally a non starter for me. warframe doesnt really have much of an immersion to break in the first place. at least for me.

but i will say that there is a generally consistent artstyle that de has managed to follow for the most part, and having operators wearing warframes as if they were suits would pretty much wreck it.

I think the argument of whether or not Warframe is an immersive game is a nuanced one, but I can agree that the breaking of a consistent artstyle would sabotage some of the game's aesthetic quality.

The real issue, in my eyes, is that flooding the game with things that contradict lore subverts the consistency of the universe such that quest gameplay becomes stupid.

The truth is that "lore" doesn't really matter all too much because DE loves making stuff up and making it canon. So that being said I think anything is possible. But...

It would only really work if it was the Drifters head specifically that could replace a Warframe head. If it was an Operator head, it would look pretty off because they look too young (i guess?) when combined with a much bigger body than they are supposed to have. Plus, at least personally, I would feel morally wrong because giving an Operator an adult body is kind of bad.

Also the amount of people who would make fun of gender swap stuff trying to make it weird with different combinations. I think there are too many things that would hold this back from being an actual thing.

2 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

I think the argument of whether or not Warframe is an immersive game is a nuanced one, but I can agree that the breaking of a consistent artstyle would sabotage some of the game's aesthetic quality.

The real issue, in my eyes, is that flooding the game with things that contradict lore subverts the consistency of the universe such that quest gameplay becomes stupid.

quest gameplay is already stupid in some aspects. like why did my umbra went afk whenever i was forced out of it in the new war?

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

quest gameplay is already stupid in some aspects. like why did my umbra went afk whenever i was forced out of it in the new war?

That's a fair perspective to have, but I'd assert that there's value to, and a vested interest in, making the quests at least feel somewhat important to the game's storyline.

Personally, I'd love for the game to feel more interconnected, with real changes occurring as a result of concerted player efforts or quest outcomes, and that couldn't happen in a game whose world isn't taken seriously.

Matter of preference, I guess.

7 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

That's a fair perspective to have, but I'd assert that there's value to, and a vested interest in, making the quests at least feel somewhat important to the game's storyline.

Personally, I'd love for the game to feel more interconnected, with real changes occurring as a result of concerted player efforts or quest outcomes, and that couldn't happen in a game whose world isn't taken seriously.

Matter of preference, I guess.

oh no i agree with you. thats why im super annoyed at my umbra going afk in the new war. it was too weird seeing him there just semi t-posing. 

6 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

oh no i agree with you. thats why im super annoyed at my umbra going afk in the new war. it was too weird seeing him there just semi t-posing. 

Yeah, DE should really iron that one out, or just disallow Umbra, one or the other. It just looks bad.

5 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

Yeah, DE should really iron that one out, or just disallow Umbra, one or the other. It just looks bad.

They really can't win there though, the way they created Umbra in the first place.

If they make special animations for Umbra for the quest, people will complain they feel forced to use Umbra to get the cinematics when another is their favorite, and that Umbra is getting special treatment. If you ban Umbra from the quest, Umbra users get miffed they cannot even use their favorite at all. If you do what they did and just pretend Umbra isn't autonomous, Umbra users get mad because it is lore breaking. There is no scenario where they win, so they chose the one with the least amount of effort.

Do nothing at all. 

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

They really can't win there though, the way they created Umbra in the first place.

If they make special animations for Umbra for the quest, people will complain they feel forced to use Umbra to get the cinematics when another is their favorite, and that Umbra is getting special treatment. If you ban Umbra from the quest, Umbra users get miffed they cannot even use their favorite at all. If you do what they did and just pretend Umbra isn't autonomous, Umbra users get mad because it is lore breaking. There is no scenario where they win, so they chose the one with the least amount of effort.

Do nothing at all. 

I honestly don't think the allure of Umbra-specific cinematics would make people want to use their preferred frames less, but I can see the argument.

3 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

I honestly don't think the allure of Umbra-specific cinematics would make people want to use their preferred frames less, but I can see the argument.

It's the Warframe forums. DE has learned over the years that people will make a mountain out of a molehill about literally anything.

You name it, I could make a list that goes on for pages, but I don't want to bring up anything specific and rile up old controversies. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

It's the Warframe forums. DE has learned over the years that people will make a mountain out of a molehill about literally anything.

You name it, I could make a list that goes on for pages, but I don't want to bring up old S#&$storms. 

The forums do not represent player opinions at large.

Just now, SheikaVoid said:

The forums do not represent player opinions at large.

Not entirely no, but that is just one aspect. Reddit they also monitor regularly, and you will often see similar controversies to the ones getting big here reflected there, as well as in community discords, clan chats, etc. And social media. Part of the reason many of the staff have blocked a huge amount of players on social media, because mini controversies will cause people to go ape on them. 

Don't get me wrong, I love this community and think it is better than most, but all it takes is a small, but vociferous minority to make a big fuss about small things, and make DE shy off from unnecessary controversies. 

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Not entirely no, but that is just one aspect. Reddit they also monitor regularly, and you will often see similar controversies to the ones getting big here reflected there, as well as in community discords, clan chats, etc. And social media. Part of the reason many of the staff have blocked a huge amount of players on social media, because mini controversies will cause people to go ape on them. 

Don't get me wrong, I love this community and think it is better than most, but all it takes is a small, but vociferous minority to make a big fuss about small things, and make DE shy off from unnecessary controversies. 

I suppose that's a fair perspective.  I can't speak to how often DE engages with the reddit, community servers, twitter, et cetera, as I do not use those platforms.

2 hours ago, SheikaVoid said:

As cool as this looks, to me, from an aesthetic perspective, I think it'd be ideal to preserve some internal consistency within the game's universe in the interest of better storytelling.  

Warframe's a game where story is, as infrequent as quest releases are, important, and flooding it with silly, inconsistent cosmetics would ruin that aspect of the game.

*sideglares at the fluffy angel wings ephemera* 

1 minute ago, ShogunGunshow said:

*sideglares at the fluffy angel wings ephemera* 

I mean, those don't really bother me, but I can see why some people might not like the Eros wings.  

Ideally. there'd be a "hide peculiar content" slider, as had been suggested, so people could enjoy their silly candy canes and angel wings without ruining the "immersion" of others.

50 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

I mean...comparing the Eros wings that could easily be mechanical in game or just be an hologram with this weird need of wanting to decapitate the drifter/operator to screw the head on the body of a warframe....

IT IS A DAMN STRETCH. 

Whoopie Just Saying GIF by MOODMAN

I wasn't equating the two. I just have an axe to grind.

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Do nothing at all. 

he doesnt need special animations, just let him walk around like he usually does when operator leaves.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Saw this in r/Warframe and thought this looked freaking sick awesome! 3YGxRbW.jpg
Who else would want this as a OPTION? I would absolutely freaking love this!!! This would be my new drip for all my frames! 
I Need It Want GIF

I think it would be an interesting option. 

Might be cool if we coukd do what the Hounds do and have a holographic of our operators heads too. 

12 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

So you want to decapitate your frame and your Z-child?

Alright, let me grab my Hate scythe...

Yes!! I rather have my drifters head as my Warframe helm. My drifter is gorgeous, and Warframe color channels suck especially for the helms in a lot of cases. 
  Although it would look pretty damn weird when playing my Rhino lol. 

Archived