Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet Arca Plasmor

2wentyThre3

My Tenet Plasmor just went from being absolutely amazing - Good enough that I could happily use it instead of the other Meta launchers or flamers - to being so much less than it was. My understanding is that [Galvanised Savvy] was "fixed".
Apparently all other shotguns that are pellet based are insane now, which kind of makes sense due to the many more applications of status per shot and then the procs that follow. But that kind of creates this terrible situation where, through design, the Arca Plasmor is flawed. It doesn't do big enough damage to one shot with a full compliment of Primary Merciless and the Galvanised mods can't help it either. It hasn't got enough multi-shot to compete but it was never about firing many shots, it was about one big shot with a slow fire rate. Visually and playstyle I've always loved the Plasmor.

I know the game is about replacing weapons as we go and Riven Disposition is supposed to keep things fresh and rewarding. This is something else. I can't lie, I'm MASSIVELY annoyed with this. If the weapon was always supposed to interact this way it should have been fixed sooner so we could decide how to spend adapters and Forma more efficiently. The Riven system is a community based decision so I'll never be angry with that. But, because changes were made my Arca Plasmor went from being my primary Primary to something that I now need to replace to push levels in Steel Path. It feels terrible knowing that all the Ignis Andys are still unaffected, that all the Explosive meta kids are just nuking rooms as usual, but the weapon I love keeps being murdered as soon as it gets good. It happened to the original Plasmor and now it's happening again to the Tenet Plasmor. It's disrespectful to our time, our play decisions AND more or less makes it's "Tenet" status invalid.

... I really don't get it, Plasmor can flatten tightly packed crowds in a corridor and needs to get hammered every time but there are at least 5 other weapons that literally kill things through walls and tilesets.

So, the questions I have are these. Is this how Tenet Arca Plasmor is and was always supposed to behave or was there something broken over the last few days? Will it be fixed? Will I get my favourite shotgun back at some point?

32 minutes ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

My Tenet Plasmor just went from being absolutely amazing - Good enough that I could happily use it instead of the other Meta launchers or flamers - to being so much less than it was. My understanding is that [Galvanised Savvy] was "fixed".

It doesn't do big enough damage to one shot with a full compliment of Primary Merciless and the Galvanised mods can't help it either.

Odd, i dont even use Galvanized Savvy on mine and its still sweeping everything in front of me. Sure you arent using Dragon Key?

il y a 13 minutes, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

Odd, i dont even use Galvanized Savvy on mine and its still sweeping everything in front of me. Sure you arent using Dragon Key?

Just my usual Decaying Dragon Key [Shield depletion].

For reference I was one shotting anything in the 140 - 200 range depending on faction and unit hitting for 100 - 340k+ a "pellet" (saw a 1mil a few times) with Merciless @12 stacks, Hell, Savvy and Arcane Avenger proc'd... Yellow and orange crits, occasional red with circumstance.

Now I need to 2 shot things at the 130 range. Average hits are between 8k and 36k each "pellet", are nearly always yellow crits only occasional orange, sadly seen white. Super sporadic values. Thats with all the above WF and weapon buffs.

55 minutes ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

My understanding is that [Galvanised Savvy] was "fixed".

According to the updated spreadsheet, it was still double dipping on Tenarca Plasmor as of a few days ago at least: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KRUQMOOAFesMPfbjEs3DbCZoqfvFOUrvvoszWa6vyIE/edit#gid=1339687679

So I guess the good news is it's something else.  The bad news is it may feel even worse when and if Savvy really does get fixed.

I don't have the weapon, so I can't look into it.  But maybe @Prof_Blocks_007who did the recent updates can double check for you.

Are you 100% sure nothing else changed about your build or the enemies you're shooting? 

il y a 8 minutes, Tiltskillet a dit :

Are you 100% sure nothing else changed about your build or the enemies you're shooting? 

Absolutely certain, I've run the simulcrum into the ground since the changes happened - All my builds are the same, Warframes and my Plasmor itself. And I always test against Grineer Heavy Gunner or Bombard units.

il y a 9 minutes, Tiltskillet a dit :

The bad news is it may feel even worse when and if Savvy really does get fixed.

Truly a sad thought.

After reading your post i was a bit worried (i like the plasmor too) so i took mine for some testing in SP kuva fortress (lvl 130)

I used a sloppy, non min-maxed hunter munition build (galv hell, galv savvy r8, galv acceleration, primed ravage r8, crit deceleration, chilling reload, toxic barrage, HM, a riven that can be replaced by primed faction damage, and primary mercyless). Element is 37% heat.

No support from abilities, no corrosive projection, no priming... the first few kills required about 3 shots, then i consistently one shotted almost everything, except sometimes yekka masters and bombards or unlucky shots. Needless to say, corpus and infested would be obliterated too especially with the right build.

So i think tenet plasmor's killing power is still more than adequate. Sure it might not keep one shotting 1 hour into grineer/corrupted survival, at least not without support, but in my opinion it shouldn't anyway. Steel path isn't supposed to be trivialized, especially with no effort or preparation.

That said... I understand the disappointment and annoyance. Yes, DE should have better tested galv status mods before release. Yes, these issues should have been fixed sooner. And yes, some launchers are ridiculously overpowered, which makes other weapons (including not-so-good launchers/aoe) look weak or even useless in comparison, despite dealing now 5-10 times more damage than they did before weapon arcanes and galv mods.

15 minutes ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

Absolutely certain, I've run the simulcrum into the ground since the changes happened - All my builds are the same, Warframes and my Plasmor itself. And I always test against Grineer Heavy Gunner or Bombard units.

It's odd, just eyeballing its stats, it should be in good shape even without Gundition Overload shenanigans.  Not in comparison to ye olde meta launcher, but that's a whole other problem.

Have you checked out other ranged weapons you've used a lot to see if they feel weaker as well?

il y a 9 minutes, Tiltskillet a dit :

Have you checked out other ranged weapons you've used a lot to see if they feel weaker as well?

The only other Primary weapon I tend to use is my Astilla Prime, it seems the same but I don't run Savvy on it, it's set up as a Hunter Munitions/Viral machine... I think I'll put a forma or 2 into it to test it though. I get the feeling it might be nuts. I recently got a Kuva Kohm too so it might be worth messing with that a little, but I want to say my Plasmor is where it's at for me. Anything else feels wrong at this point... Bloody thing might as well be grafted to my Warframes palm.

My Zymos is acting differently in it's distribution of damage. Mainly after headshot and explosion "Shot" used to proc straight away, but Shot is operating how it should be and not double dipping on the initial explosion - it is however still proc'ing when the spores that are released come back down and hit their targets. So, it seems like it's doing less but the way it's doing less makes sense.

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

According to the updated spreadsheet, it was still double dipping on Tenarca Plasmor as of a few days ago at least: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KRUQMOOAFesMPfbjEs3DbCZoqfvFOUrvvoszWa6vyIE/edit#gid=1339687679

So I guess the good news is it's something else.  The bad news is it may feel even worse when and if Savvy really does get fixed.

I don't have the weapon, so I can't look into it.  But maybe @Prof_Blocks_007who did the recent updates can double check for you.

I'll check shortly (gonna do Incursions real quick).

Edit: Plasmor/Tenet Plasmor still doing Galvanized Savvy multiplicative with base damage mods like before, so nothing changed there.

In the meantime, I saw this thread yesterday, where someone feels that their damage has been lowered/capped for some reason, despite no Extinguished key being equipped (I'm not really sure what's going on, haven't really looked into it - read some of the later replies/screenshots in the thread)

Could be related somehow?

Il y a 9 heures, Prof_Blocks_007 a dit :

In the meantime, I saw this thread yesterday, where someone feels that their damage has been lowered/capped for some reason, despite no Extinguished key being equipped

Thanks for your work Professor Xx

Seems super odd and could possibly be (is hopefully) something to do with it. I just don't know what they could be thinking if they plan to hard cap damage in a game where endless modes are end game for some people. Don't get me wrong the recent Baruuk shenanigans were silly and clearly unintended, but 300k is so far away from 2billion it's not even funny.

I'll jump on that thread and have a look around.

15 hours ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

I just don't know what they could be thinking if they plan to hard cap damage in a game where endless modes are end game for some people

They've prossibly been listening to the people saying Warframe is too easy and demanding that it become a challenge. 🤷‍♂️

I guess constant nerfs and buffs are a fact of life, they'll constantly tweak, and will never get the balance right. Maybe time to dust off the Corinth Prime (as no doubt the 300k damage cap will be per pellet, I know how these kind of balancings go 😀)

Il y a 9 heures, RazerXPrime a dit :

I gotta remember topics like these when people complain the game is too easy and needs to be harder.

Something I don't think I've ever complained about personally. I'd ask the people that do if they have ever hit level cap on mobs.

I personally still haven't but this part of the reason for being annoyed at the sudden loss of damage. It's gonna make hitting cap so much harder without a cheesy build...

Il y a 4 heures, mynhow a dit :

Have you tested other weapons? Because I have the same issue and all weapons deals low damages. Also replied to the other post

I haven't really if I'm being honest and is another part of why this has annoyed me... I tend to use / build weapons I like and use them in perpetuity - hence my familiarity with my Plasmor and knowing 100% that something somewhere changed overnight.

If you're saying it's all weapons then... well, the only answer is they made enemies more durable?

8 hours ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

If you're saying it's all weapons then... well, the only answer is they made enemies more durable?

I don't know, but I don't think so. If they increased the enemies  shield/armor/health it would take just more time to kill them without a buff. What is happening is a problem with damage. It starts low and gets even worse after a fill hits/shots. With high levels enemies is even worse. Is like to be playing with weapons without mods and having no damaging scaling at all. 

The 31.1.6 update says:

Fixed weapons with Multishot (especially innate multishot like on shotguns or beam weapons) having a higher damage increase from Galvanized Aptitude/Shot per Status type as intended.

• Essentially, the total damage bonus was being added to each individual projectile, resulting in damage numbers far beyond the intended amount.

So unless they borked it, and applied the fix to non-pellet shotguns or somehow the tenet plasmor is being treated differently and thus getting affected. Note its not Galvanised Savvy that was fixed.

On 2022-02-17 at 10:57 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I mean.... I noticed something Odd Two Days Ago....

Grinneer Enemies were Dealing Significantly More Damage Than Usual....

So yeah... Maybe the enemies are Different....

1 hour ago, gbjbaanb said:

The 31.1.6 update says:

So unless they borked it, and applied the fix to non-pellet shotguns or somehow the tenet plasmor is being treated differently and thus getting affected. Note its not Galvanised Savvy that was fixed.

Savvy was included as well, just that they missed it in the patch notes - I tested several cases of hitscan with multishot, and all worked properly (at least with just damage + galvanized status mods fitted). I also checked Plasmor, and it was still applying multiplicatively with existing base damage modifiers, same as before (likely still bugged, as they are presumably supposed to apply in-line with other base damage modifiers, like all other base damage boosts do)

There definitely seems to be something unusual going on with damage numbers in certain situations though, going by these threads. 🤔

On 2022-02-18 at 12:58 AM, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

Ran some quick tests (Corinth Prime, Kohmak, Phage, Tenora Prime with multishot mod), looks like it is indeed fixed, adds damage as it should now!

Archived