Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile Defense, Remove Forcible Ejection on Mission Fail

PosieKing

Can you remove the mission end expulsion on mobile defense loss?

I havent lost one in ages, but I saw one of Simaris scan targets, and I abandoned the objective to go scan it, but halfway through the scan, it said I lost and dumped me out of the mission.

This seems like an artifact of an earlier time.

I can leave the mission any time I want, there's no need to forcibly eject people from it.

1 minute ago, PosieKing said:

I havent lost one in ages, but I saw one of Simaris scan targets, and I abandoned the objective to go scan it, but halfway through the scan, it said I lost and dumped me out of the mission.

I can leave the mission any time I want, there's no need to forcibly eject people from it.

You literally abandoned the defense target to go Scan a Simaris target and it got destroyed, mission failed, there is nothing wrong going on here. What were you expecting?

27 minutes ago, PosieKing said:

I've failed mobile defense missions too when I've gotten lackadaisical and ignored the objective.  So it's weird to me to have any response to that other than 

Super Troopers Oops GIF by Searchlight Pictures

On 2022-03-12 at 12:26 PM, PosieKing said:

Ohhh i get what youre saying, that makes sense. Replies confused me for a second

Depends on how much work it is for DE though, if its a really easy and quick thing to do, im down for it. I dont need the feature that bad so i wouldnt want them stressing over it in any way, but if they could get it in, wouldnt hurt

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PSN)Frost_Nephilim:

Ohhh i get what youre saying, that makes sense. Replies me confused for a second

Depends on how much work it is for DE though, if its a really easy and quick thing to do, im down for it. I dont need the feature that bad but it wouldnt hurt

runing away form the console does not fail the mission and as far as i know of there is no timer for when you have to aktivate the next console

because i run all the times away form them and do other stuff and most of the times i would not take longer to scan a simaris target

23 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

runing away form the console does not fail the mission

Yea no 1 said it did lol, yall gotta read their post

The op is asking to stay in failed missions so they can continue doing side objectives. Instead just let us choose to abort or hit extraction when mission fails instead of forcibly kicking us out, hence this post's title

They completly understand why they failed the mission lol

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Frost_Nephilim:

The op is asking to stay in failed missions so they can continue doing side objectives. Instead just let us choose to abort or hit extraction when mission fails instead of forcibly kicking us out, hence this post's title

well the thing was if the main objecktive fails there no way to end the mission succesfully so everything you would do would be a waste anyways because fail mission reward you with next to nothing
and the system should be consistent if you can fail mission and still do what you want why care if the mission is failed or successful anyways

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Frost_Nephilim:

Thought side objectives such as standing counted regardless of mission fail or not?

well for normal syndicate the standing gain is based on exp gain in a mission and you still get some exp for failed missions

but i am not sure how simaris standing is affected since i rember progress will not be gain on target scans if the mission is left or failed if i remeber it right

also if i would need simaris standing i simply go to the plains on day in steelpath and scan for about 10 mins untill im done with all my standing it is way easyer than runnig after target in missions where they most of the time not even realy worth that mutch by scanning them

On 2022-03-12 at 9:29 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

You literally abandoned the defense target to go Scan a Simaris target and it got destroyed, mission failed, there is nothing wrong going on here. What were you expecting?

I was expecting my warframe would not be magically compelled to abandon the location, and teleported back to the lander? Like, in all reality, failed mission is failed mission, but it doesnt make me suddenly not on the planet?

Also, I was pursuing another mission objective, one I actually cared about, so I dont think any of this is really asking too much.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb PosieKing:

I was expecting my warframe would not be magically compelled to abandon the location, and teleported back to the lander? Like, in all reality, failed mission is failed mission, but it doesnt make me suddenly not on the planet?

Also, I was pursuing another mission objective, one I actually cared about, so I dont think any of this is really asking too much.

the thing is warframe is not Real it is fiction and if the rules of the fiction say if you fail you mission you go back to the orbiter that how the world of warframe is going to work

like the rule you can only leave the mission if the main objective is completed

On 2022-03-17 at 2:48 PM, PosieKing said:

The way warframe is set up. Failing the Main Objective will forfeit all rewards and standing gained. -including any simaris scans

So, there wouldn't be much point in sticking around; as you'd only be wasting time with no gains.

Sounds like what you're really asking for is a change to the Core Mechanic - "Let me keep rewards on mission failure"

and I just don't see that happening....

On 2022-03-17 at 5:48 PM, PosieKing said:

Yea if you cant get the standing anyway from the mission failing then its no point in keeping us there. Unless DE wants to allow us to keep rewards for mission fails like in arbitrations and somewhat with the way open world bounties work, we might as well leave you know?

Omits some realism yes but its not a big deal, the benefits heavily out weigh the reasons for making this bit more "realistic". 

On 2022-03-13 at 1:26 AM, PosieKing said:

If you want to do secondary objectives in a mobile defense mission, finish the point you are defending, then go and do the secondary objectives before starting the next one. It is designed so that that you can't fail, as long as you don't start the next wave. It is your own fault for not waiting. You could also try a different kind of mission for doing Simaris scans like exterminate, spy or rescue, where you have unlimited time to complete secondary objectives.

On 2022-03-22 at 9:15 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

The way warframe is set up. Failing the Main Objective will forfeit all rewards and standing gained. -including any simaris scans

So, there wouldn't be much point in sticking around; as you'd only be wasting time with no gains.

Sounds like what you're really asking for is a change to the Core Mechanic - "Let me keep rewards on mission failure"

and I just don't see that happening....

Like haphazardlynamed said: Warframe is designed to get rid of your rewards when you fail the main objective, and it just kicks you out of the mission. It would be annoying if you failed a mission but still had to run to the extraction point to leave every time, especially in something like a spy mission where people usually spread out in different directions to do the vaults. You would have to wait for each person to come to extraction even though you are getting no reward. People would just choose to quit through the menu anyway, so DE have made it so that you are kicked out automatically.

Am 27.3.2022 um 16:48 schrieb PosieKing:

A whole lot of people missing the point in this thread

well the point is to change a core game mechanic that is in place for a reason

and it is not because it needs a change it is asked for because it would make it "easy"to just ingore a primary objecktive for a secondary one

Core Game Mechanic? I'm not asking to get rid of guns dude. Chill.

The primary objectives dont matter. they dont DO anything. Lotus isnt actually in charge of me. If I decide to not do whatever dumbass thing she says, that's my choice, for my character, in a game I'm playing. I dont think we should be ripped out of the mission against our will, when we have the ability to leave the mission back to the orbiter at any time.

It's entirely mechanical. I would ask the same thing, if every time I returned from Deimos to the Necralisk I was immediately teleported back to the orbiter, and had to come back down to the necralisk to trade or get new missions. It's just an annoying mechanical boondoggle from a past era of warframe. Since we can leave a mission, back to the orbiter, at any time, by pressing escape, I dont think we need to be forcibly dragged back to it. If I want to stay and take pictures of plants, or explore a tile, that should be up to me, as the person who is playing the game.

If that's really confusing for a new player, then we can put in a little popup box when the mission fails, that says "Mission failed, You cannot receive any mission completion rewards, Do you want to return to orbiter?" That way newby players dont get lost and confused when mama doesnt hold their hand.

Someone pointed out in this thread, that you dont receive any rewards on mission failed, and I dont know for certain if that is true. I know on the open world areas, you can abandon any mission at any time, and still walk away with most of the loot, just not whatever you would have got for THAT mission, and that is the way it should work across the board. That's the direction warframe has been going for some time (did I hear a fourth open world is in the works?). If it's true that pictures of plants and simaris standing is removed from you, when you dont protekk the boondoggle, that should probably be changed as well, but I'll relent if everyone loves that mechanic so much.

Hey if anyone does read this, I had a solid post about improvement to the open world archwing "Invalid Launch Point" issue in another post and I really think it's a simple fix that's worth DE's time.

Am 1.4.2022 um 18:20 schrieb PosieKing:

The primary objectives dont matter. they dont DO anything. Lotus isnt actually in charge of me.

if they did not matter why do we talk about this then. and of course lotus cant tell you what to do but the mission in the game a basicly tasks that she gives you to do and if you agree to do it and not doing it i would expect a punishment for makeing her work harder to fix the whole Sol system chaos or maybe holding up the balance of power depends what her goal accutally was or is

If I want to stay and take pictures of plants, or explore a tile, that should be up to me, as the person who is playing the game.

and you have all the options if you choose not to ingore the mission primary objective or you choose a mission that cant realy fail to begin with like EXT.

Someone pointed out in this thread, that you dont receive any rewards on mission failed, and I dont know for certain if that is true. I know on the open world areas, you can abandon any mission at any time, and still walk away with most of the loot, just not whatever you would have got for THAT mission, and that is the way it should work across the board.

well the reason for that is base on de difference between open area missions and objective based missions
in open area missions there is no primary objective to complete so all tasks you can do there are secondary witch leads to the same game state that is baiscly a successfull mission
and at the beginning of the open areas even leaveing the missions there took away rewards so most people adviced too leave the open areas the normal way over the entrance to the hubs.
and thats how objective based mission work you first have to reach the state where the mission if successfull if thats done you can leave at the exit at any time to explore scann or just stay around ( but not to long in the same place without the game paused that could lead to an afk kick out of the missions)

If that's really confusing for a new player, then we can put in a little popup box when the mission fails, that says "Mission failed, You cannot receive any mission completion rewards, Do you want to return to orbiter?" That way newby players dont get lost and confused when mama doesnt hold their hand.

if i was a new player and the mission would fail so i got nothing out of the mission what reason shoud i have to stay as a new player i would do missions to reach goals so i can craft thing reach new quest content and all that and i most likely would not even know all the things you can find in missions because most of the things would be not important for my at that time

but as an long time player i can see why exploring could be intressting find kurias looking for rare creates find reachable places people never see in normal play but i have the ability to make that happen the only thing i have to do is not to let the mission primary objective fail and for the most time that is normaly very easy to do for a long time player but even then i would never choose to fail it so i can stay in a mission it just makes not mutch sence to me because most task are so trivial to do and then im still able to do what i want for how long i want

On 2022-04-02 at 12:20 AM, PosieKing said:

The primary objectives dont matter. they dont DO anything.

The secondary objectives don't do anything either. The only difference is your desire to concentrate on them.

Lets flip it around - you have a mission called "Simaris Scanning" where the PRIMARY objective is to scan things for the simulacrum, but the SECONDARY goal is to protect optional defense points.

You fail the primary objective if you kill a simulacrum target (on purpose or accidentally), but you can hang around and continue to defend secondary mission objectives forever.

Would you still say that the primary objectives don't matter?

On 2022-04-02 at 12:20 AM, PosieKing said:

Finally, you are actually offering an alternative solution that explains to players what happened, and what their options are.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

You didnt think of that?

I don't have an issue with the way things are.

OP has been saying "why do I need to defend the objective in a defense mission, that's so arcahaic" but hasn't suggested a way that it could be better until now.

Archived