Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me decide which Mod to use my Legendary Core on

Achlevius

Question

I have a Legendary Core (I think as a mission reward) and I would like to use it to upgrade one of my very expensive Mods, but I would like advice on what people think I would get the most benefit out of.  The Mods I'm considering using the Core on are:

• Primed Pressure Point: it's basically good for all weapons...then again, hear that Condition Overload is the go-to for Status weapons...
  • Primed Vigor: I thought this was a good Mod for survivability, but I noticed that very few non-tank builds that are recommended have any +survivability mods in them, so, I'm not so sure now...
  • Primed Ravage: An essential Primed Mod, though I will probably have to forma the relevant weapons to fit this in, especially since I already have a maxed Primed Point Blank.  It also only works on shotguns, hence, my reticence...
  • Transient Fortitude: I'm not sure how much use I would get out of this mod given some of the Warframes I play don't really need Strength, while others scale too poorly for it to be useful...
  • Galvanized Chamber / Hell / Diffusion: Chamber I have 2 ranks in, but the other two are rank 0.

The only Primed / Galvanized / Rare 10-rank Mods I have maxed out at the moment are Primed Continuity, Primed Point Blank and Rolling Guard, while a bunch of others have 4+ ranks invested in them already.

Thoughts / advice / opinions? (Feel free to recommend Mods not on this list as well, though it's possible I may have a bunch of ranks in those as well and don't want to use the Core, hence, why they may not be here).

13 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

I have a Legendary Core (I think as a mission reward) and I would like to use it to upgrade one of my very expensive Mods, but I would like advice on what people think I would get the most benefit out of.

Non Of Them....

Keep The Core as a Souvenir.....

Farm the Credits and Endo....

There's going to be the Double Credit Weekend on Friday.... Doing Lots of Railjack is a great way to Simultaneously get Credits and Endo....

I would say ravage or pressure point.

Condition overload (and therefore primed pressure point) is heavily dependent on what weapons you like using. If you don't like high status guns and/or the idea that you have to attack an enemy with a gun for a bit before meleing it, you'll probably end up using PPP a lot more than CO.

I tend to use PPP a lot more than CO because I don't like individual weapons limiting my choice of what other weapons to take with me, and how I can use them in mission.

Ravage is a solid pick because there are just a lot of great shotguns and it's a no brainer mod on most of them. Cedo and Bubonico happen to be two incredible shotguns for condition overload, and they're good standalone guns as well. Hands down my two favorite guns in the game, shotguns or not.

I agree with the guy that said consider melting some of your duplicate mods into endo tho. Pretty frequently whenever I want to upgrade a prime mod and am low on endo, melting duplicate trash mods gets me a good chunk of the way there, if not multiple times over it. Sounds like you haven't been playing very long though (relatively) so you might not have that much piled up in your inventory. Also consider selling some of your ayatans to maroo. If you've done much arbitrations you're probably sitting on a small hoard of them. Unless you're an orbiter decorating fanatic. It's generally a good idea to hold onto legendary cores if you don't need to use them.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Though I wouldn't spend it either way

...No?  What would you use the Legendary Core for then? 🤔

Endo is plentiful

That's what I thought while sitting on 250K Endo and unable to spend it because I did not have enough credits to rank up the 10 rank mods.  But then I farmed tens of millions of credits on the Double Credit weekend and discovered very quickly that 250K Endo is pitiful.  A single Primed Mod costs 40K Endo, and I have about 33 of them.  Then there are the 9 Galvanized Mods, each of which cost 30K, and then there are the 10-rank Rares...I think I need something like 2 - 3 MILLION Endo, and given it drops it the low-to-mid 100s outside of Aribtrations and Sorties and is not affected by any Boosters, it certainly doesn't seem to be plentiful. 😧

Check your mod inventory and see how much Endo you can get from just dissolving duplicate mods.

I've been doing that for some time, but I simply do not have that many duplicate mods... 😔

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

but think about if you'd use something else more.

I'd definitely use it on Primed Sure Footed...but I'm only on day 293, so I still have, at the very least, upwards of 4 months of logging in daily before I can get that.  By that point, I'll probably have managed to acquire enough Endo to rank it up.

54 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Sounds like you haven't been playing very long though (relatively) so you might not have that much piled up in your inventory.

I've been playing since April '19, so about three years, though not contiguously.  I do take breaks from the game from time-to-time.  I have 562 hours played, but I think this is just actual missions; Steam counts the hours when you're logged into the game and I have something like 990 hours since November '21 (as I played off-Steam before then).

57 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Also consider selling some of your ayatans to maroo. If you've done much arbitrations you're probably sitting on a small hoard of them. Unless you're an orbiter decorating fanatic.

I've been selling them to Maroo for the most part.  When I first started doing Arbitrations recently, I ended up accumulating quite a number of them.  Sold 28 of them for nearly 60K.  Again, it's just not enough...

58 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

It's generally a good idea to hold onto legendary cores if you don't need to use them.

Again, for what?

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

Still not used my legendary core , once i sold 1 for 200 pl . 100% worth it

Alas, it's not worth the platinum for me.  Whenever I get a 50% off coupon, I throw $25 at the game and get 1000 plat.  I'm currently sitting on 2600 at the moment.

1 hour ago, FulfillMyWill said:

For the future mods.

Why should the OP wait for the future mods, if they need one upgraded now?🤣🤣

Although, there'll be a bit of endo/credit lost, if the intended mod is at r4 already, did you mean this?

Also, +1 to any Prime mod, as long as it goes to r16 at max, for the best value.

2 hours ago, Achlevius said:

I've been playing since April '19, so about three years, though not contiguously.  I do take breaks from the game from time-to-time.  I have 562 hours played, but I think this is just actual missions; Steam counts the hours when you're logged into the game and I have something like 990 hours since November '21 (as I played off-Steam before then).

Oh hrm... sorry. The last time I had endo issues was the railjack update that added the plexus and changed that whole upgrade system from Avionics and Dirac to Mods that were very endo expensive. Now though I have literally hundreds of thousands of endo that I don't even know where it all came from. And that was a span of time that I really slowed down playing the game... Don't know what I'm doing that's getting me all this. My guess is maybe railjack has high endo drops?... I'll pay attention to how much I get next time I do a railjack mission.

2 hours ago, Achlevius said:

Again, for what?

Only If you don't need to. As in, if you can accumulate enough endo easily enough for what you want, then save it for when you can't.

If you can't work up the endo from ayatans and duplicate mods then go ahead and use it if you don't wanna sell it. I've used all the ones I've ever gotten. I won't be so short on endo that I'll ever need one again tho, so if I ever get another one I'll sell it for sure

3 часа назад, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe сказал:

Why should the OP wait for the future mods, if they need one upgraded now?

Read the post OP was replying to:

"It's generally a good idea to hold onto legendary cores if you don't need to use them."

And it's a good advice.  You never know if Devs may decide to add mods that are even more expensive, than Primes, or if Baro decides to bring a new good Primed mod.

lemme go out on a limb and say: PPP.

why, soy? wipe that smug off your face and explain this nonsense at once!

okay... sure PPP will become outclassed by other mods like CO at higher levels.

see where i'm going here...? "at higher levels"

players at higher levels does not need to use legendary cores. they probably could afford to upgrade any mods they want.
i have 10 transient fortitudes of every upgrade levels. i also have 10 blind rages, 10 narrow mindeds, and so on. i didn't farm to make them. one day i just need a mod with lower upgrade level, then realized that i have more endo and credits than i'll ever need, so i make them.

the other candidates... ravage is not versatile enough, it's only for one weapon type. vigor? defense is pretty worthless in warframe when compared to attacks. this is the game where players die from oneshots. and galvanized works like the CO/BR/WW: they'll do great for higher level contents if you have an already decent weapon and can afford to invest in them. it won't magically make suck weapon good.

so...! what is one mod in that list that'll instantly make any weapon better? ding ding ding! it's PPP.

OP can use that maxed PPP and start tackling long arbitrations. confidently grind that index on credit booster weekends. do his SP incursions.
if he do that, soon he won't even need to use legendary cores anymore.

=================

if we try to answer the thread by arguing "which mod is better", of course the argument will be endless since there are no best in warframe. the next person will always come with an argument that another mod is better.

but if we try to guess which mod is more appropriate for OP to use right now, and can push him to progress to higher levels in warframe, imma say it's PPP.

On 2022-04-14 at 5:04 PM, FulfillMyWill said:

Read the post OP was replying to:

"It's generally a good idea to hold onto legendary cores if you don't need to use them."

And it's a good advice.  You never know if Devs may decide to add mods that are even more expensive, than Primes, or if Baro decides to bring a new good Primed mod.

Well yeah, "if you don't need to use them" sure, it's a good advice... but the OP was asking for an opinion on what to use one on now.

This sounds like:

Op: what I shoud use my core on, I have several options.

You: don't, save it for later

I mean, there was a want and a need to use one now. 

Edit: I'm actually with you on the saving option; I still have 4 cores stashed away, coz I'm too stingy to use a 200p/ to level up 1 mod, especially since I can always farm endo and credits for free... but this is my stance/ problem and separate from OP's enquiry.

Archived